Dakota pipeline

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by thatguy, Nov 3, 2016.

1. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

2. shinymetal

shinymetal Well-Known Member

Those guys are great, if you haven't seen it, I recommend going and watching the RapNews

3. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Well I watched it in the end. I didn't find it funny at all. But then I think sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Value is subjective after all. :/

Furthermore, the low quality humour is matched by the inaccurate portrayal of events and facts surrounding the DAPL development.

This is an example of an attempt to solve an environmental dispute using political principles. We have a group of people (Native American protestors) whose community representatives failed in their obligation to respond and attend meetings to discuss the DAPL proposal and are now protesting after the approval process has been finalised, we have politicians weighing in wielding inaccurate claims in an attempt to enhance their power and those of special interest groups, we have 10's of thousand of ignorant "supporters" from parts of the world not even affected by this dispute voicing their support for the protestors because they subscribe to the view that "might is right" and we have a media attempting to portray this dispute as something it isn't ie a united indigenous community persecuted by governments fighting against a greedy corporation's plans to destroy the environment.