Crypto trading thread [January - June 2020]

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by ozcopper, Dec 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozcopper

ozcopper Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Goldpelican said: ALL trades involving digital currencies (including swaps for fiat, or offers of metal for digital currency) belong in this thread for the months listed above, rather than the previous request for swap posts in the Barter thread, or metal posts in the regular trading forums.

So if you're selling BTC for AUD, or swapping BTC for LTC, or selling silver for BTC, etc etc, post here. Please post within reason - spammers/bumpers will not be looked favorably upon.

Say thanks at: 1Ldd6V6CfufkyXA1NRYxbLMdZqMToLvGU9

madaw1, SluiceGoose and 66rounds like this.
  2. BiteMYshineyMETALcoins

BiteMYshineyMETALcoins Member

If your looking to trade your crypto for PM or collectables there's this website that accepts them as a payment.

Innus-store.com.au

Not scamming or spamming. I just think it may be of some help to people looking for a crypto tradeoff

3. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have a brand new, sealed in box Trezor for sale

I bought it a couple of years ago but never ended up using it

PM me a reasonable offer, and it's yours

4. Strawman

Strawman Member

I wish to sell around USD$25K of BTC as I am purchasing some land. I don't want to sell it through AU brokers as it has tax implications. Willing to sell at a 5% discount to BTC price. Not sure how to go about this. If anyone is interested or has a method for selling crypto privately please let me know.
    Thank you

5. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

'I wish to sell around USD$25K of BTC as I am purchasing some land. I don't want to sell it through AU brokers as it has tax implications. Willing to sell at a 5% discount to BTC price. Not sure how to go about this. If anyone is interested or has a method for selling crypto privately please let me know.'

I am so so so out of touch with Aus Krypto Regulation. But the difficulty here is that you'll have a sizeable chunk of fiat (whether in cash or a bank deposit) with no 'paper work.' And that won't be accidental. It'll be a cold-blooded case of tax evasion.

So, there's oodles of ways you might sell a bit of crypto for cash, and spend that cash on a bicycle at a garage sale, or a nice meal for you and your squeeze. But sums over ten Gs? Nuh.

[Note: cryptos will come into their own when ordinary folks cease to fear the Gov. This is why crypto adoption is booming in countries that are circling the drain. That is when cryptos are accepted by merchants who then use them to buy stuff: velocity.]

6. Strawman

Strawman Member

Thanks, good points. My idea was to create a holding company for the land and have this funded by 'overseas' investors. Sure this will hit the DFAT 10K transaction triggers but anyone can invest in a company so it would be easily justified if ever asked. Im not sure how sound my logic is with this.

7. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

Here's a Political Insight: I lived for years in a shitbox corrupt nation in Asia, where I learned that one way in which Gubmint can protect the kleptocracy is through unfulfillable amounts of regulations. Now, my mob was avidly researching Aus. crypto tax regs by late 2013. We really wanted to see it all come together.

And what we saw, year after year, was bumbling bureaucratic ignorami posting twaddle twaddle about cryptos: slow to answer questions, passing the buck, inventing Blah Blah complex terminology, obviously seeking to complicate/stifle the adoption of cryptos.

So, I have no idea of the present situation. But overall? It's been a shameful episode for this nation, in which it was clear that The Powers That Be acted to protect the profitablility of The Banks That Be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.