COVID-19 has a 0.1% - 0.2% death rate.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by willrocks, Apr 22, 2020.

1. dross

dross Active Member

"Chris Martenson' Exert from who he is.

First of all, I am not an ivory-tower economist. Instead, I’m a trained scientist, having completed both a PhD and a post-doctoral program at Duke University, where I specialized in neurotoxicology. I tell you this because my extensive training as a scientist informs and guides how I think. I gather data, I develop hypotheses, and I continually seek to accept or reject my hypotheses based on the evidence at hand. I let the data tell me the story.

He seems to be level headed & neither on one side or the other but rather takes a fact based view on things. Just another person offering a perspective on a very fuzzy area.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    Silver260 and Shaddam IV like this.
  2. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

But then he throws weird views every now and then, like supporting vaccine passports and immunity badges. Wtf

3. dross

dross Active Member

Options to or rather then total lock down metalzzz, hes done several vids as new legit info comes to hand, he reviews the data & just like any raltonal person his views & suggestions are flexible with info to hand. He seems to be looking at this from a general health & well being point of view rather than an extremists for either "side" or sensationalizing the issue for self promotion. Kind of refreshing is all I'm saying with proper research & fact checking of legit sources rather than some of them who jump on one bit of info & run / cling to it, it's a moving target. If you have questions you can always pose them to him. I don't always know whats going on in my head let alone anyone else's, just muddling along like the rest of us.

I don't agree with everything he says but at least i know hes coming from the right place is all. Like anything else, take it in spit out whats not right for you.

metalzzz likes this.
  4. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

I do not how much value this has but wiki has his page in the process of being removed because none of his qualifications can actually be verified.
    Some of the science papers published using his name are from other scientists of the same name.
    Internet sleuths at wiki tend to be pretty on the ball so that alone would make me hesitate in believing his views and credentials.
    EDIT: he may have already been removed by the looks of it.
    To be on wiki you need to be able to substantiate claims and this is done through educational facilities with regard to qualifications and even trusted news articles.
    To get removed he for some reason has not been able to substantiate his alleged qualifications and that alone seems weird.
    It is not hard to confirm if someone graduated from a uni.

5. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

where are the doomsday alarmists now that had a dozan threads here over the last two months saying this virus was going to wipe us all out and we couldnt do anything to stop it?
    even went as far as high jacking the non alarmist thread with the same spew.

Read back on some accounts posted here and we should have already reached a few million deaths. we are still under 100 arent we?
    even the worst hit countries arent showing anywhere near those numbers.
    obviously not good as a people did die, but not in the tens of millions Spanish flu type shit let alone worse than that which was being touted by the alarmists that pushed the fear to the point of world wide shut downs.
    10-15% death rates they said on those threads which they apparently got from their credible Alternative media sources lol.
    Shows why you cant trust alternative media nor Mainstream media. they are both for of bullshit.
    those endless youtube videos that were being posted by so called alternative expert sources saying 10-15% world wide death rate. lol

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    willrocks likes this.
  6. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

It is not over Jason it is only just the beginning.
    It would be great if it was through the worst of it but i will say right here MARK MY WORDS, this has only just begun.
    Best case scenario is that over the course of the next year it burns out and the deaths can stay at around 20,000,000.
    Worst case scenario is this will have to become endemic and the death toll will stop being counted.
    I'll also say now that there is not going to be a viable vaccine for this disease,.

7. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

^^^^^^ did I read that right? your saying the deaths are going to be 20million with in the year as best case??

you still holding onto the whole 10-15% death rate?

It will no doubt kill more people, But there is nothing to say it is getting any where that death rate let alone regular flu deaths.
    with no real treatment for this virus its still not pulling anywhere near the same numbers of deaths as the flu which we do have treatment for.

willrocks likes this.
  8. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Dont get me wrong Im glad this death rate is less than first pushed by both the mainstream and alternative media.
    And yes any virus should be taken seriously and with caution.
    But there is caution and there is just Manic alarmism that Pedals bullshit.

willrocks likes this.
  9. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member

I heard yesterday its more like .02 percent. My neighbor said that.

PM likes this.
  10. silverhair

silverhair Well-Known Member

I do not believe any country knows theit full death tolls yet. We may never accurately know the real nunbers.

Be safe and be smart people

11. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

My neighbour on one side said 25million but the guy across the road says 65 million.

JohnnyBravo300 likes this.
  12. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Govt's everywhere have to make budgetary decisions as to how much they what sector and for how much. Every year those in the health sector jump up and down saying that the State / Commonwealth Govt's are not putting enough funding into health care.

Govt's are aware of what the annual mortality rates are for various diseases / conditions are and what the cost is to treat people v what they can afford / want to spend. So, yes a Govt of the day knows that it's annual spend on health will lead to additional deaths due to the under funding of the health system, medicines that are not covered by the PBS thus people can't afford to buy them and they die....So why treat coronavirus differently. Budgeting is done on known historical data. Just imagine going into the CEO of a company you worked and saying "Hey boss, I think we have a problem, not sure what it is or how bad it will effect us, but I need you to give me a big blank cheque, plus go and borrow a few billion more so I can make sure something (which I'm not sure about) may not happen....and while you are at it, close down for a few months"......

If the Govt was truly interested in saving lives (and they have the historical data to form an opinion on such and the cost for and against), they could ban smoking (lung cancer), alcohol (liver disease and drink driving), sugar (diabetes) , butter (coronary disease), ladders / scaffolding (anything you could fall off) and the driving of cars (just to name a few) all of which together accounts for circa 50,000+ deaths a year in Australia which with Govt policy could all be prevented.

We may never know the true extent of what the mortality rate from Covid-19 would have been (year 1) if it was treated as per any general flu season but what we do know is that the economy is F#$ked, personal liberties have been eroded.

Sweden will be the one to watch how coronavirus rolls through the land of ABBA. If Sweden come out of the other side with mortality rate (numbers not percentages) not dissimilar to influenza (and their economy relatively intact , then the rest of the world has been sold the biggest pup since Neville Chamberlain waved a piece of paper in the air in 1938.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04...mmunity-relaxed-coronavirus-strategy/12177514

adze67 and Holdfast like this.
  13. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

ok, Zarathustra :D

willrocks likes this.
  14. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Maybe he means the financial fallout will kill 20,000,000? Because there's no way the COVID-19 (a.k.a. the flu) will come anywhere near that figure anytime soon.

15. willrocks

"It means, technically even if you died of clear alternate cause, but you had COVID at the same time, it's still listed as a COVID death."

Chris_ likes this.
  16. willrocks

Here's the percentage of population that have NOT died with COVID

Belgium: 99.944%
    Spain: 99.956%
    Italy: 99.957%
    France: 99.965%
    UK: 99.972%
    NL: 99.975%
    Sweden: 99.980%

Ag bullet likes this.
  17. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

those numbers are scary! glad they shut down the world and fk'ed it for years.

willrocks likes this.
  18. adze67

adze67 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Worth checking out some actual ER doctors discussing the DATA that's been reviewed...also of interest around the 34 minute mark discussion on immunity...
    It would appear there's little difference between shutdown and non-shutdown countries (other than the destroyed economies of shutdown countries o_O)
    The media seem to be upset that the data isn't following the narrative :rolleyes:

Reposted as YouTube seems to feel front-line doctors sharing data is something we are not "allowed" to see :eek: scary that people don't seem to be questioning "why" anything that doesn't fit the *FEAR FEAR FEAR* narrative is being hidden...what are they afraid of? :confused:

Part 2

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    willrocks likes this.
  19. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member

More like .002 percent now. It just keeps dropping as they find out it was already here and people already have antibodies before it existed.
    Strange how that works.

Want some milk with that bowl of lies?

20. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

I don't know what the true numbers of infected v deaths really is, but I am certain that whatever our government tells us is bullshit.