Countdown to War

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by CriticalSilver, May 5, 2013.

1. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

and this is the same krudd who lied through his teeth about the Treasury dept. faulting Abbott's costings, resulting in them { the treasury, taking the highly unusual step of publically calling him out as the liar he is? - disclaimer- I don't like Abbott either.
    - I mean, it's not like he's looking at political oblivion and desperately wants to be seen as the statesman he will never be in an effort to save what little he can, is it ?

2. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'd like to see a really good analysis of why the Middle East is being destroyed by USA. It might be to push oil into China and Russia or to allow USA to abandon its currency debts to the middle east nations (mega conspiracies) or be as simple as the military industrial complex needing to unload surplus stock. (minor conspiracies).

btw. I see in the news that Indonesia just purchased 500 million dollars worth of attack helicopters from USA salesmen. So maybe it's as simple as getting the US factories working again.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHn1zogeyO4[/youtube]

3. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

Uhhm, yeah, coz it's not like they've ever done anything to destroy themselves. { and yes, I know the us does have it's hands in there, but it's not just us foreign policy / military-industrial complex involved here}.

4. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Like Bill Clinton didn't have some other issue's going on at the time either, a few white stains on a blue dress owned by a Monica for instance ?

5. Eruaran

Eruaran New Member

Watch for economic and cyber retaliation from China and Russia.

6. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

And yet just three days ago he was saying we should consider the lies perpetuated last time ...

So which is it Mr. Krudd, is the US administration and its intelligence trustworthy or not? Was the Iraq war based on lies or not? For some reason I keep expecting more from these lying, cheating, truth-twisting, psychopathic, moronic, unbelievable career-politicians, even when I know I shouldn't.

[​IMG]

7. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

I'm just still waiting to hear this magical "evidence" which every Western Government has touted on about the past few days that proves beyond reasonable doubt that the Assad Government were the ones who were responsible for the chemical attacks in Damascus, and not the rebels.

8. Gary007

Gary007 New Member

What's the difference between a gas attack and getting killed by bullets, rockets and artillery fire?

I don't remember the US stepping in when the protestors were getting gunned down 2 years ago.

I feel sorry for the people in the middle of this pissing contest that is about to start.
    :(

9. RT

RT New Member

Need to change the caption on both those to "weapons of mass DISTRACTION" , its what is really happening to everyone.

10. TeaPot&ChopSticks

TeaPot&ChopSticks New Member

Chemical weapons use 'warrants' response

Bob Carr says Australia is prepared to support the US in action it takes in Syria against the Assad regime.

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad is a thug and a murderer and his regime's use of chemical weapons against its own people warrants a response, Foreign Minister Bob Carr says.

The United States is weighing 'limited, narrow' action against Syria, and insists the world has a duty to act after hundreds of women and children were gassed to death.

Senator Carr says Australia is prepared to support the US but does not expect to make a commitment itself given the US has said there will be no boots on the ground and no long-term campaign.

'We think that if a government in this day and age uses chemical weapons against innocent men, women and children, it deserves a response,' Senator Carr told reporters on Saturday.

'I have looked at the footage of those youngsters wondering ... what had happened to them, as they displayed the neurotoxic symptoms of the gas attack, what leader other than a thug and a murderer can approve that sort of assault on children.'

Senator Carr did not believe the US would risk a larger regional response with any action.

'I think the US will be weighing the possibility of unintended consequences very carefully,' he said.

'This isn't about changing the regime in Syria, it's not about aligning America with the rebels. It's going to be a swift and narrow response.

'America's entitled to receive support from us and the prime minister (Kevin Rudd) has indicated, America will.'

Mr Rudd has also reiterated his warning for Australians to get 'the hell out' of Syria.

'I emphasise again. If there are any Australians currently in Syria just to get the hell out of there. It is not the time to be fooling around,' he said on Saturday.

Mr Rudd said it was critical for Australians in the Middle East to pay attention to Australian government travel advisories.

Australian Greens Leader Christine Milne told reporters she did not support the idea of Australia taking presidency of the UN Security Council 'and then trying to go around the security council to back a pre-emptive strike by the United States'.

Opposition leader Tony Abbott has accused Kevin Rudd of exaggerating Australia's role in the Syrian crisis and Mr Rudd has hit back, accusing his opponent of a lack of foreign policy experience.

Senator Milne said which ever one of them becomes prime minister next weekend is going to have an added level of responsibility with the Security Council and presidency of the G20.

'That means Australia has an unprecedented level of involvement and influence,' she told reporters in Sydney.

'We've not seen Tony Abbott's capacity in that regard but I'm not going to condemn either of them in that regard because I think everybody knows Australia has to step up.'

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/Top...cal_weapons_use_warrants_response_901781.html

11. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If Krudd says it's true, then it is obviously BS. That settles it for me.

12. CriticalSilver

Ron Paul makes some excellent points in relation to the rush to strike against Syria ...

13. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Active Member Silver Stacker

Two "ballistic targets" detected Tuesday in the Mediterranean by the Russian military were launched by the Israeli military as part of a joint US-Israeli test of its missile defense system, an official in Tel Aviv said.

"The launches we're talking about were a test of the Anchor target missile that is used for testing our missile defense system," an Israeli Defense Ministry representative told RIA Novosti.

The launch was part of joint tests with the US military and were successfully tracked by radars in Israel, the official added.

So with the world on the edge, and everyone waiting for the "other side" to take the initiative and send a an immediate triggerhappy response, the US and Israel decided to conduct a cruise missile "test" in a hot zone, without warning Russia or anyone else in advance?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-...stic-missiles-fired-meditteranean-israel-says-

Is the US doing what it can to trigger a response to justify "going in" before congress gets the chance to vote Obama down on the 9th?

14. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

15. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

16. boston

boston Active Member Silver Stacker

Would it surprise you?

17. CriticalSilver

A good summary of events leading to the present level of insanity.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkamZg68jpk[/youtube]

18. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

19. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

http://thenewstalkers.com/forum/top...50411:Comment:621072&x=1#6450411Comment621072

20. Byron

Byron Guest

Fucking hilarious! Especially the Italian and French bit. Thanks for posting.