Countdown to War

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by CriticalSilver, May 5, 2013.

1. Byron

Byron Guest

They have absolutely no evidence that Assad was behind this alleged attack. People's memories are too short - anyone remember Colin Powell in the UN brandishing about the vial of white powder? What an absolute lie that all turned out to be.

If the US attacks i hope Russia continues to arm Assad with the highest tech weaponry they have. Radical Salafists/Islamists have to be stopped for the greater good of the entire world.

2. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

And that is not disputed by anyone and was even mentioned by Kevin Rudd yesterday
    Not only was the basis for the Iraqi war "entirely incorrect", it was an outrageous lie and perpetuated on purpose by the USA regime, with full knowledge that their sources were lying criminals. This was meticulously documented in the Four Corners documentary "The Spies Who Fooled the World".
    http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2013/04/15/3734811.htm

Here's the video on YouTube
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3K9twuuU7g[/youtube]

3. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

If the US chooses to side with Al Quaeda in Syria (who call themselves the Free Syrian Army) then i believe that the cat is out of the bag and everybody will know that the so-called War on Terror is an absolute croc of sh!t!!

And if the War on Terror is a croc then it logically follows that the official version of 9/11 is a croc....

4. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

5. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

6. C.H.

C.H. Member Silver Stacker

Russia is evacuating it's citizens from Syria.
    I think the war in Syria as no-fly zones and stuff is a done deal. :(

7. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

I think yr right.
    This is getting worse in leaps and bounds. - I'd love to know what has been going on behind the scenes....

8. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Active Member Silver Stacker

Probably deals on how to divide the spoils when it's over

9. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

Remember when NATO went into Serbia (Kosovo)? We, as in The West, were on the wrong side of that war again.

I love how the Russians brought an overland mechanised force and occupied the main airport of the capital Pristina, getting there before the airborne forces NATO sent to secure it as a strategic asset. Airport - denied. As a result of this, NATO getting their land force into Serbia was a much more difficult task.

Was a hairy confrontation, I wonder what spanner the Russians will throw into the works in Syria.

(Edited for spelling)

10. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Active Member Silver Stacker

They could force Europe to have a very cold winter without gas

11. RT

RT New Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: What are you saying..... No, it couldnt be!

They would never lie about such a thing, the inquest even proved that it was all true!

Funny thing is that prior to 9/11, there was hardly any US public support for Iraq or Afgan then all of a sudden, they had more support then ever needed. Sound a bit like right now with Syria. I wonder what single galvanizing incident will happen to grab US public support this time?

If anyone can be bothered to do a little research, there was a paper put out by some US general years ago who made the observation about how Pearl habour attack galvanized the public into support and how much power a single event can make peoples opinion move in 1 direction. It actually talked about it being a usefull tool to wage unpopular wars. Reading it, it seemed to dance around the idea that these events could be manufactured......

Wish I had the link still but I know a few youtube clips reference it in the 9/11 stuff.

Regardless if people believe the official story or not, there is no hiding the fact that the US ruling class is tight with Bin Laden family and assoc. And it would seem that the only thing that has changed is a loss of liberty in the US + $x trillions of debt added to the US.

Oh, and what happened to the USs stance during the Bradly Manning trial where they said ANY person or Country found to help these sh!ts would be guilty of treason? Now the US wants to directly arm and provide support???? Maybe they now view them as they did in the 70-80's when they fought the USSR in proxy for the US. 1 countries terrorist is anothers freedom fighters. Could it all go full circle so quickly.

Personally, the leaders in Syria and the so called rebels are as bad as each other, what makes the US or UK think they will gain any control from either? At least the current leaders provide some stability for the country. Some times its better the devil you know.

12. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

I wonder if the intensity of their rushed "military strike" has raised too many questions and they have lost their credibility with the populous?

Even the US congress are openly questioning the big O, with this letter... http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-...ear-unambiguous-explanation-syrian-interventi

Within which Boehner makes a very good point, that the use of the military is only a means to a policy objective and can not be a policy in itself ... such as the infamous Redline policy. He sets out a list of very good questions to answer.

However, as zerohedge points out, and as I posited at the beginning of this thread, there are broader macro-economic events unfolding that are the motivation for engaging in war and the excuse that war will save the US dollar and the US economy and allow them to continue to ignore that they are a bankrupt nation with their only asset being their military, will not ever be published.

The Bernanke QE program has not generated any lasting economic stimulus or momentum, they are facing increasing interest rates and sovereign nations have commenced selling off US debt instruments (bonds), hence the need for winding back QE (the taper) before that gets out of hand. But halting QE will destroy asset prices that have become dependent on QE, so what else is there to keep the wheels of commerce turning in the USA? Answer: War.

But, if the dollar collapses before they can get it started they will miss their opportunity because they will have to face the economic reality that they can not fund their military any longer. It is a case of use it or loose it and it is this desperation that is seeing their actions becoming increasingly transparent and void of any moral authority.

But what happens when they have lost the trust of the people? Do they go for broke with no option B and rip the mask of benevolence off completely to reveal their totalitarian identities? Or do they stop the war bus, re-establish the trust of the people and their moral authority and suffer the economic and political consequences of their actions? If you were a psychopathic, megalomaniacal, career-politician what would you do?

13. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Since you're asking, if I was Kevin Rudd I'd take a selfie.

14. BullionDollarMan

BullionDollarMan Member Silver Stacker

Vote 1 for Gino :)

15. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

An interesting article by Matthew Fitzpatrick on a proposed intervention posted on the ABC's online news website

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-28/fitzpatrick-syria/4918406

and

16. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

As I wrote in another topic, what was being discussed, cruise missile strikes on their own, sounded like what Bill Clinton did when there were problems in Sudan, Afghanistan and Iraq in the late 1990s. Those strikes solved nothing and if anything brought the wars of the 2000's closer. So I am glad someone remembers that.

17. TeaPot&ChopSticks

TeaPot&ChopSticks New Member

Evidence against Syria 'overwhelming'

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd says there's overwhelming evidence the Syrian regime was behind last week's chemical attack.

Mr Rudd said Syria had committed what was arguably a crime against humanity.

'Our belief is that the Syrian regime is responsible for these chemical weapons attacks against the Syrian people,' he told reporters in Melbourne.

'We are confident of those conclusions. The evidence in our judgments is now overwhelming.'

Mr Rudd, who was briefed about Syria by intelligence and foreign affairs officials in Canberra on Thursday morning, said there must be a robust international response.

'In the absence of such a response, the problem is this - the regime could then take succour that it could do this again.

'We do not believe that is the right course of action.'

Mr Rudd said if Syria was seen to be able to get away with such an attack, other regimes could believe they could do the same.

He said what the Syrian regime had done was in grave breach of the 1925 Geneva Convention on use of chemical weapons as well as the 1992 Chemical Weapons Convention.

'These are the most flagrant breaches,' he said.

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/Top...1_EvidenceagainstSyriaoverwhelming_RSS_290813

18. BlackSheep

BlackSheep Active Member Silver Stacker

I can imagine K.Rudd would be champing at the bit to get our troops into a stoush - from memory I think wartime PM's have a far greater chance of re-election, although he doesn't have much time left....

19. Byron

Byron Guest

Flagrant breaches? What about the countless breaches by the UK/US?

Rudd is the biggest globalist scumbag one can find. Like Tony Liar Blair, once Krudd gets wiped out at the election he will no doubt run for the office of UN Secretary General. that is his biggest wet dream i believe.

Bring on the election.

20. RT

RT New Member

Watching Rudd on today tonight, he said he had been on the phone with Obama who outlined everything to him (gave marching orders more like). This is no different then Howard. For awhile there, Howard was going to change his name to "Boots" as it was all anyone could see hanging out of Bush's ass.

Doesnt matter who gets in, the orders come from outside our country. Only have to look at some of the previous war talks in parlament, word for word the same as Canada. Someone already posted the link to this on a thread not long ago.

Syria is happening, why let the truth get in the way of a good war.