Could Ripple be a great investment?

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by TreasureHunter, May 20, 2017.

1. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Ripple is getting more and more exposure and I'm curious: could it have potential?

The idea behind it seems really original. But I'm new to it...

Does anyone know more about how it works and whether it could have potential as an investment?

2. ninteno

ninteno Member

Banksters devil bullshit crypto to do the next legal robbery.
    I will never touch this one

Altima likes this.
  3. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Agreed.

Possibly a good investment but I can't bring myself to support the bankster scum.

There is no guarantee that Ripple will even be used once the tech is in place. Wouldn't put it past the banks to cut the XRP holders out when it suits them to.

Altima likes this.
  4. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

ripple is just another layer in the banking system. It's got nothing to do with the rest of cryptos. It's designed to be an alternative to the SWIFT system, so it deals with international transfer amongst banks.
    It's fully centralised, there is no mining and no local wallet you can store coins in.

5. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

At this point I'm not certain if it still worth buying. I'm sure you would see very positive returns over time but there are many others with higher growth potential.

That being said I think Ripple is great. It's the devil to the traditional crypto community but is the only big one fully within legal regulations. Their goal was stream line cross border payments with nearly instant settlements and low fees. The reason they do not have their own local wallet is Ripple is legally not aloud to create one but it was recently added to the Ledger Hardware wallets. Not only any form of currency but any coins if integrated can be rippled across their system. Also now that they have gone up so dramatically in price more and more use cases are being seaked out. It's one of the few that has an actually use case and is actually being used. It has also become the most popular currency pair on asian exchanges. I could go on forever.

Like BuggedOut said there is no guarantee. Ripple was a company creating bank software before owning XRP. However with a 13 billion dollar market cap on XRP I can promise you they are going to try hard not to let that go to waste.

BuggedOut likes this.