Coronavirus information for non-alarmists

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by mmm....shiney!, Feb 1, 2020.

1. milled

milled Active Member

Walking the street in the nearest city recently, as an experiment in observation, I saw an old lady coughing her guts up as I walked around the corner. If she had the virus, I would have had no chance. Then, a child did the same thing later on, on the same street, then an old coot.

Most people are not educated in the basics of infection control.

With a virus with a long latency, the risks logically go up with such a situation. Everything you touch might not be as safe as it was. Then you touch your face, at some stage soon after that cooties find their way to your mucous membranes.

Then it is up to your immune system. The opthalmologist that was punished by the CCP for alarmism ended up dead in 2 weeks.

If the response of the CCP was blown out of proportion, shutting down about 1/3 of its citizens, we'll all know soon enough. It may be overkill and a storm in a teacup, even Hiroshima in a teacup.

I think the issue at this time will be the capacity of Western healthcare to accommodate cases. Beyond that capacity, the virus calls the shots.

The immune system angle is interesting. Not something I know much about, but from what I read the lymphocyte count goes right down (as it does in other viral infections) but it stays down for some time with this virus. Then, for whatever reason, some people have a massive inflammatory response in their lungs to the point of respiratory failure.

Keys to understanding whether the response is overblown come down to the issue of R0 and doubling time. While absolute numbers look low early on, a short doubling time changes that quickly.

The R0 is about 2, as a rough midpoint of the WHO estimate of 1.4-2.5 (it is not likely accurate, but this is for the sake of argument.)

So (please adjust if incorrect) if we look at 2 to the power of 15, that's 32768. About where we were a few days ago at 40000.

What about 2 to the power of 18, which isn't far off, that's 262144

Now what about 2 to the power of 25 ... 33,554,432. That's 33.5 million.

2 to the power of 27 is over 134.2 million.

It's a hop, skip and a jump to modelling 60% global infection from there. (or about 2 to the power of 32)

I suspect that's something along the lines of the thinking of the shutdown.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  2. milled

milled Active Member

Obviously transmission would be nonlinear, you'd think disproportionately in densely populated areas, which logically would be hit earliest to boot.

3. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member

We have to go to town today for supplies so I'll pay attention but no cases in my little town yet that I've heard of.
    When the spanish flu came through they shut our town off at the passes with armed citizens and wouldnt let anyone enter, if you left you couldn't come back.
    Influenza never did hit Gunnison Colorado. That's what you call a reverse quarantine and it worked.
    We are ready to do that again if we need to, already been discussed here.
    Good luck coughing on each other city dwellers!

JOHNLGALT likes this.
  4. JohnnyBravo300

The worst place to be would probably be texas where everyone is 300 pounds overweight. What will those people do when the "all you can eat" buffets are closed!?

mmm....shiney! and sgbuyer like this.
  5. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Mainly vitamin D deficiency due to Helicopter Parents blocking their kids access to natural light.

6. JohnnyBravo300

They dont need natural light when everyone gets a trophy.
    Wait till the antifa generation starts reproducing. We might see an entire generation of kids born as albinos with little stocking caps and with eye liner on from the womb!
    Vampire children!

milled likes this.
  7. Davros10

Davros10 Active Member Silver Stacker

https://forbiddenknowledgetv.net/2019-ncov-bioweapon-black-swan/

The basic structure of the latest coronavirus (2019-nCoV) is the same as that of SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome), which broke out in China in 2003. Like the SARS virus, 2019-nCoV has been found to share the same receptor, Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2).

Some suspect that these two viruses have been deliberately weaponized, due to a finding that Asian males have five times as many ACE2-expressing cells in their lungs as any other demographic. This line of inquiry is being shut down on public chatboards for being "discriminatory", which is absurd.

This echoes complaints shared by Chinese Ambassador to the US, Cui Tiankai on Face the Nation this past Sunday of "racial discrimination" and "xenophobic" comments (like "bat soup").

He warned that online discussion of the topic was "dangerous", for fear of causing "mass-panic". The 50-Cent Army has succeeded in shutting down related threads on Reddit and elsewhere.

Another feature of 2019-nCoV that has raised suspicions of weaponization was described in a study from India submitted for peer review, that the same amino acid "insertions" in the spike glycoprotein as seen in the HIV-1 virus were present in 2019-nCoV but are not present in other coronaviruses.

The study stated that these "insertions" are "unlikely to be fortuitous in nature". The paper was hastily withdrawn by its authors, due to pressure, likely from the Chinese government.

In AIDS patients, these spike glycoproteins drop off the virus and plug into receptors on the intestinal wall, blocking the absorption of nutrients and causing the dramatic physical wasting that is a hallmark of AIDS.

Bioweapons expert, Dr. Francis Boyle is shown in this video saying, "SARS, itself is already a biological warfare weapon and then they... supercharged it...with DNA, genetic engineering of maybe synthetic biology to add in to SARS, HIV...they gave it these gain-of-function activities."

The videos coming out of China are harrowing. People are being violently dragged away from their homes, to be taken to quarantine facilities. Alternately, the doors to apartment complexes are being welded shut, to prevent residents from exiting the buildings and spreading the disease.

Philippines Senate President, Tito Sotto showed a video suggesting that 2019-nCoV was a product of Bill Gates and the CIA. Many truthers have published similar stories; that the Pirbright Institute in the UK owns the 2019-nCoV patent and that Bill Gates is involved.

In response, a spokesperson for Pirbright, Teresa Maughan said that "not only does the patent in question not involve a coronavirus strain that affects humans, but the institute's work with the virus wasn't funded by the Gates Foundation."

The Pirbright Institute owns the patents for several coronaviruses that affect poultry and pigs. The CDC owns the patent for SARS, having sequenced the genome in 2003, at the time of the outbreak.

On January 24th, the Institut Pasteur in France announced that it had sequenced the genome of 2019-nCoV, which matched the one shared with them by Chinese authorities on January 11th. Presumably, the novel coronavirus will be patented by the Chinese.

8. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

Nice little secluded town from what I can see on Mr. GGLE. I guess you could always get away into the surrounding hills/mountains for a while.
    It is better than ending up in Gunnison Cemetery, there is not much room left in there, (smiles). _JLG.
    GUNNISON CEMETARY.JPG

9. milled

milled Active Member

10. Eureka Moments

Cononavirus is certainly a problem for those who have died via it, as were the 9 people who died during the 2016 "Thunderstorm Athsma Epidemic" which luckily has only occurred once in recorded history.

I maintain a constant vigil checking the "Epidemic thunderstorm athsma forecast" to avoid catching this deadly transmissible allergy.
    http://www2.health.vic.gov.au/publi...public-health/thunderstorm-asthma/forecasting

I also avoid any people with inhalers as I assume them to be primary sources of infection.:eek::rolleyes:

JulieW likes this.
  11. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

"I also avoid any people with inhalers as I assume them to be primary sources of infection.:eek::rolleyes:"

Aaaand, if they have their inhaler in their pocket?

12. Eureka Moments

Reverse quarantine...and the only health issues now mainly due to pre-existing std's and in-breeding.

And it's City Slickers who cough on each other, dwellers tend to inhabit places like caves out in the country somewhere.

13. Eureka Moments

Claim self-defense whilst applying capsicum spray to them, or if they deny having an inhaler ask them to eat a peanut.

14. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Let's all hope so.

openeyes likes this.
  15. JohnnyBravo300

We probably couldn't close off the town nowadays. We need food imported and everything else. Back in 1918 we grew everything we needed here and was self sustaining as many areas were, not anymore.
    Plus with my job we travel the state doing asphalt work all summer, just base out of Gunnison. We would go to work one week and not be allowed to return!

16. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for the reference and link.

I am still amazed at the number of people I see with an inhaler in their pocket and a cigarette in their hand.

But back to the virus...or theories. I feel like it deserves its own thread, but the continuing tale of the virus's provenance is the one I'm watching.

It's a very short journey from "designed/escaped" to a "weapons of mass destruction" rationale and invasion for a PRC enemy, or for a bad player to inspire international strife.

This may be low probability but many a black swan has had low probability.

17. sodl

sodl Active Member

Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst.

Over 4 months ago before anyone had heard of corona virus I watched the below Youtube vids.

The World Health Organisation forecast a pandemic that would exclude the USA and its allies.
    So WHO had prior knowledge of and warned of a pandemic in advance. Smallpox ? Info previously posted by Zero Hedge.

THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS? BUT ARE DOING NOTHING

PROOF WHO KNOW SOMETHING? | THIS IS HUGE

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  18. heartastack

heartastack Active Member

Thread infected with alarmists. The cure (education) has been administered too late or not at all.

19. sodl

sodl Active Member

or maybe not alarmists but people that HOPE FOR THE BEST BUT PREP FOR THE WORST !
    best of both worlds........

20. Jason1

Jason1 Active Member

Typically posting video's of conspiracy theories from youtube equals Alarmist.
    that's Alarmist identification 101

openeyes and mmm....shiney! like this.