Coronavirus information for non-alarmists

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by mmm....shiney!, Feb 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Duterte did the right thing, does not have to wait too long for this
    [​IMG]

sterling-nz and JNS like this.
  2. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member

My daughter has a good friend that has been sick with this. Hes in his early 30s and is an otherwise healthy strong guy but has has respiratory issues since he was young. Hes battled pneumonia many times and other things. He was on a ventilator for a couple days but is doing better now so they took him off.
    Hes communicating now and is trying to talk a little bit. Hes had a hard go of it.

Holdfast, sterling-nz and sgbuyer like this.
  3. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hope everything is fine. This virus is very dangerous. I first posted on this on the 22nd January. I've a contact who knew about this virus even in early January and ordered N95 masks.

JohnnyBravo300 likes this.
  4. JohnnyBravo300

Yep it was already here before it was ever reported in china, end of 2019.

5. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

it was the escape, lab was closed..many were exposed...military visited Wuhan...now everywhere.

6. JohnnyBravo300

My job has changed again. Now if we go outside the county we have to self isolate and quarantine for 7 days, so we are out of work this week AGAIN since we traveled this last week.
    I thought I read that it can take 14 days for symptoms to show? What will 7 days do?
    Our boss told us to apply for unemployment AGAIN.
    Weve applied online and there is no "bail out stimulus covid" thing to claim so none of us qualify for it. The unemployment office is so swamped with calls that you only get a recording then it hangs up on you.
    Our small local unemployment rep office is totally closed with no one there.
    They say there is a bail out unemployment for those laid off but where?

I'm so over all this and the blind sheep running this world.

If I had the option to go find another job I would. Theres no where to apply at that is open and the ones that are open have no business.

7. JohnnyBravo300

Pretty soon there will be threads like "what to do when the looting starts" and
    "Recipes from third world countries".......
    Maybe even a thread like,
    "Head shots or center mass?"

I sure hope not for everyone's sake but its gonna get gnarly.
    I truly feel we havent seen anything yet.

madaw1, STKR, Holdfast and 1 other person like this.
  8. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

So if i am reading this correctly there are jobs out there waiting to be created like unemployment clerks/officers and instead of doing what it takes to create that position you are complaining someone has not gone and done it for you,so you can complain to them?

Thankfully only a small number of people will consider my comment as serious, but they exist.
    It is going to be hard times for many and i feel for you not being able to work, IT SUX.
    As for this thing only being like the flu ?, when people say that they are right and wrong.
    The thing is many millions of people get vaccinated for the flu each year and this saves many that would otherwise die, there is no vaccine for this little bugger and people are not able to be protected and that is what makes this a major health crisis in the making.
    If you think it has just begun then think again, because as soon as all the containment measures STOP we are back to square one if there are still cases circulating.

At least we know the enemy now but life has changed forever and there will not be a viable vaccine (if at all) for another 18 months .
    These lockdowns could continue off and on until we have sufficient herd immunity so try playing that out in your head and it'll get warped.

9. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

https://www.westernjournal.com/cdc-...ingButtons&utm_campaign=websitesharingbuttons

madaw1 and Holdfast like this.
  10. JohnnyBravo300

I wish I could just start my own government job but doesnt work that way.

I'd pay myself double time by the way.

sterling-nz likes this.
  11. willrocks

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/484889-coronavirus-abolish-everything-cash-family/

12. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Geeze if this goes on for 18 months then having almost no expenses and saving all money in metals I and many here could have one hell of a stack by then!

13. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

jultorsk likes this.
  14. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

My friend that attitude just shows you are not cut out for government work because they would pay themselves X5+.
    lol.
    What i am leaning towards at the moment is looking at all the supply issues both locally and globally and i plan on putting something together that will play into the continued fear for a while BUT will also be good practice and useful for the future.

I do not mean that in the scumbag type of way but more along the lines of general human nature.
    After the Christchurch earthquakes here in NZ the following 2 years was a gold mine for people preying upon the recent memory of that and people wanting to prepare.
    After 2 years people had already forgotten and the preparation had slowed to a crawl EVEN THOUGH IT IS A CONSTANT DANGER.

When this current pandemic has burned out there will be a window of a couple of years for selling and setting up lines of supply that will not be possible after that 2 year window because people will be back to thinking life is normal.
    This sort of outbreak should become even more likely in the future as our numbers (humans) increase and populations become more and more condensed.
    I am utterly disgusted how many governments (especially mine in NZ) at their genuine lack of preparation.
    I had already read all our pandemic prep reports as they come out for years now and everything they claimed to have prepared for was utter bullshit.

The one silver lining i can see is that world governments have taken many different measures we will get a good idea of who is RIGHT and who was WRONG about their actions in pretty short order, like months.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  15. JohnnyBravo300

Pretty interesting articles and probably accurate.

I can probably live for about 3 years on my stack if I'm frugal and I can dig gold for 8 months of the year if I have no work, maybe sell a mining claim or two. Theres always other avenues to cash.
    I am also selling primo hand shredded fatwood through my sons amazon and Ebay store, and theres always firewood. Might bring in some bucks there but we will see.
    I wouldnt want to sell anything from my stack if I could find something else.
    We might still be able to work every other week after we quarantine.
    There are such stupid upside down rules being made right now I cant even keep up.

willrocks likes this.
  16. willrocks

Spain to roll out a permanent universal basic income in response to Covid-19.

964DE1E2-1507-47FD-905E-2A7CEBF89F51.jpeg

17. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

Oddjob likes this.
  18. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Now that is very, very interesting.

With predictions of massive unemployment and the associated costs that will be borne by the Government budgets, once a couple of countries move forward with this idea, I can see Australia adopting this concept quite easily.

Removing the cost and complications of the unemployment benefit industry, and simply going with UBI will probably be a zero sum game, and the Virus lockdown is a perfect time to start this ball rolling. We'll know it's afoot once some obscure backbencher hits the news with a call to action.

Strange Times.

19. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes, and the Liberal Party will most certainly become that which it's name is.

20. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It would be good to see a party that understands that liberal and conservative is not jobs for your mates and right wing ideologies as a rationale.

There is a way between the two major parties that could be occupied by a conservative liberal voice, and the Liberal Party could reclaim that with a bit of soul searching and change. Considering how 'on the nose' most Australians find the two parties, a confidence inspiring party could actually spring up for the next election - depending on how the virus crisis unfurls.

New third option parties either head out to the looney left or the goose stepping right. A middle party that took the best of the two parties and underscored the personal freedoms part of the platform could do well.

And then I woke up!
    ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.