Coronavirus information for non-alarmists

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by mmm....shiney!, Feb 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Please provide the following:
    Your height in cm.
    Your weight
    Your age.
    Your race.
    Any health issues such as: Type 2 Diabetes, Heart disease, Liver disease, Angina, Acid reflux / heart burn, Arthritis, grinding of any joints, What condition are your toe and finger nails, do you have any receding toe nails, redness or ingrown, have you had kidney stones, do you regularly get up during the night to urinate, Do you have flaky skin on your face, is your face red after drinking alcohol, do you have a protruding stomach (beer gut or wine gut or fatty liver gut). Do you have any swelling under the arms or groin area? Have you had your eyes checked for evidence of high cholesterol? Do you suffer from migraines? Do you have an itchy anus, what are your stools like, soft, hard, watery? How often do you defecate, once, twice per day or every few days or once a week?
    Had any surgeries, if so what for? Any organs removed?
    Do you drink alcohol regularly?
    Do you smoke cigarettes, how often how many?
    Can you provide a recent Liver function test, what was the result. (Detail your biochemistry)
    What is your fasting insulin score?
    What is your fasting glucose score?
    List your Haematology results
    List your Lipids - HDL, LDL and Triglycerides
    List your PSA result.
    List your thyroid function.

Please list the foods you eat, and the amounts; include when you eat, for example, breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, beer snacks with the boys, dinner, after dinner snacks, bed-time snacks and drinks.
    What type of exercise do you do, how long, how often.
    What is your average resting blood pressure when you wake in the morning (Average taken over a 2 week period)
    What is your average blood pressure after exercise in the first 20 minutes (average taken over a 2 week period)
    What is your average blood pressure during the mid-afternoon (Average taken over a 2 week period)
    Do you know your overall pulse pressure, if so please list it or just list your overall Systolic over Diastolic.

If you provide the above or some, I could give you some tips.

madaw1 and sterling-nz like this.
  3. Lustre

Lustre Member

willrocks likes this.
  4. Lustre

Lustre Member

What’s an itchy ass got to do with actuarial assessment?

5. Silver260

Silver260 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Honestly, this whole situation is starting to shit me off.

I live in Queensland. We hold an election, yet police are going to start issuing fines for breaching the rules!, what f...ing rules. What a shitfest.

We're trying to self isolating, I'm working from home, got a 5 year old ( granddaughter ) that's getting seriously bored and distressed, but the wife's a teacher and being forced into work.

And I'm seriously starting to question the numbers. I'm a numbers man, I do it for a living, and the information we're being provided is garbage, not even worth a basic statistical sample. What a joke.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    madaw1, Oddjob, Lustre and 1 other person like this.
  6. Lustre

Lustre Member

The numbers so far tell the story of a nastier than usual contagious inflammatory respiratory illness which hits people with less reserve to fight it off.

Most people fight it off, unless most people in your situation have less reserve.

Overall, it should blow over healthwise.

You can see the predicament. Younger people should be working now. But from an epidemiological and executive position, they are vectors which may spread it to the more vulnerable demographics.

In the end, do you throw the economy under the bus while you ramp up your healthcare capacity or do you tolerate a large death toll now?

Almost everyone has family.

7. Silver260

Absolutely, I completely agree. What the numbers tell us, so far, is the survival rate of "confirmed cases" .

But what the numbers don't tell us, is the true extent of the spread within the community. Why?, because of the testing criteria.

Purely anecdotal, but my wife predominantly teaches foreign students ( over 75% ) . One week after the beginning of term, she came down with a severe fever, migraine and flu symptoms. It absolutely knocked her off her feet. While me and the granddaughter just had a sore throat. The doctors advice...... buy some nasal spray.

Lustre likes this.
  8. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

Excellent food-I have used for many years with honey...

Silver Soul likes this.
  9. Lustre

Lustre Member

That’s [email protected], in a microcosm. Testing bias is towards certain directions. If you have minimal symptoms you might not be tested. As we have seen, it is those with a sniffle in privileged positions that are tested “from an abundance of caution” more commonly politicians and celebrities.

There was also one scrupulous GP in Melbourne, might have been Malvern (scolded to hell for being prudent, to boot).

But the majority of those with sniffles, headaches, the squits, a classic cold.....how many get the test?

Unless in higher risk categories, most will have a minor illness or be laid low with a flu. Some will be slammed harder. There will be outliers that end up hospitalised and even less expected, dead. The media selects out the latter for publication while ignoring the vast number that will ride it out, unless Tom Hanks.

But it is the lower risk categories that are jeopardised here, the cogs in the economy. The great dilemma is to what extent do you hinder those younger people, who are the future lifeblood versus the older people, who might live if the health system could accommodate?

Silver260 likes this.
  10. Lustre

Lustre Member

It is a point at which the media can influence the direction of what happens.

11. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

Obey the rules, don't ask any questions,stay home,don't mix with your mate,don't use cash any more and soon will tell you when and what time you can make piss... just wait--New world order...

STKR, dragafem and Silver260 like this.
  12. Silver260

Don't get me wrong folks. I understand, too well, the possible implications of this "health crisis". My own mother is 75yo, and her partner has potentially serious underlying health issues. Both of them are at serious risk, and could very likely die, if they catch this.

I'm not an alarmist, a conspiracy theorists or a doomsday believer. But how this situation is developing, being managed and potentially shaping our future lives, is increasingly concerning me and my family.

madaw1 and willrocks like this.
  13. Lustre

Lustre Member

We’ll all journey through it in our own ways. Most people love their family, despite everything done to push wedges between us.

A lot of healthcare even before this was spent vainly in the face of the inevitable.

If it gets bad, there may come a time when people will just say, let’s get on with it. But that takes a change of attitude from the last 20+ years in health care in the West, same as China now, with every effort to stall death.

14. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A nice perspective:

Silver260 likes this.
  15. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

16. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

17. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member

We go back to work AGAIN monday now haha. Every week is on again off again what a shit show.

willrocks, 66rounds and STKR like this.
  18. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

19. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

20. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

My uncle got back from Italy about 10 days ago and said the same thing. He said there was no lock downs. All self imposed fear isolation. He was wondering around taking photos on a holiday oblivious to it all.

STKR and willrocks like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.