Copper/Brass medals cast by the Shanghai Mint..

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by silverfever, May 28, 2012.

1. shibaji

shibaji New Member

I received mine today as well - very nice. Way better than the pics in Ebay :)

2. silverfever

silverfever New Member

I ordered 1 gilt and 1 silver plated.

3. 25Grizzlies

25Grizzlies Member

Who's the seller of the '84 goldfish sets?

Those copper/brass medals pictured in this thread are an acquired taste. I don't have the stomach for them.

4. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

grizz ...............this money pro guy 221033929176 follow this listing to him

5. silverfever

silverfever New Member

Thought I will share pics of IMHO another beautiful medal from the Shanghai Mint.

2008 Good Weather , peace and prosperity medal (120mm) The details in these medals are amazing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. shibaji

shibaji New Member

I better not look at these pictures. I will go bankrupt buying medals, as if trying to buy panda and other MCC was not enough already! :p :-/

7. silverfever

silverfever New Member

You are right. Winning the lotto should solve the problem.

8. Reggie Perrin

Reggie Perrin New Member

Nice medal silverfever, but what does it represent please?

If it's a fight [they're all dressed in armour], then my money is on the bloke with the sword, the one with the umbrella doesn't stand a chance.

9. jc888888888

well said ,too many wants and not enough$$$$$

10. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

11. silverfever

silverfever New Member

Hi this is a direct translation using google chrome since I do not read Chinese...

Design sculpture: Liu Naixia, Wang Wendong have to Shanghai
    diameter: 120mm yellow copper color
    mintage : 1888 (purple yellow 800, silver 280, gold 8)
    Figure: four kings map and topic text
    back diagram: Figure
    casting of the four kings text four gods : Shanghai Mint
    market reference price: 900 yuan
    four kings is the guardian of Buddhism, commonly known as the "Four Diamond" is wrong. Should be called the four kings, also known as the Four Heavenly Kings of retaining the World Buddhism 20 heavens in four gods, the first weight of the corrupt Yu Jie days, the first heaven known as the Four Heavenly Kings days located Sumeru mountain, and four kings statue is usually divided listed in the Buddhist temple, the first heavy on both sides of the house, King Hall, hence the name. According to legend, four kings to live in the Sumeru Shanyao, four peaks. The four kings are:
    the East held the country kings: doro readers Sumeru mountainside east, gold, holding the national King ranks the
    Southern growth kings name: adjacent glass, Sumeru mountainside south, glass, the growth of King ranks
    Western wide mesh King: adjacent to stay Bo fork, Sumeru mountainside West, silver, the King of the ranks of the wide head
    north Tamon King: Bishamon, Sumeru mountainside north crystal to Vaisravana of residence
    Busch, holders do not kill ring filial piety, died born this day, life expectancy was five hundred years. World five years, for Tianyi day and night.
    Four kings, Sanskrit Caturmahrjakyiks,, will be outside for Indra Sumeru mountainside, mountain, name Gandhara mountain, the mountain there are four hills four kings Habitat mountain retaining a world (of the Four Big Island, that is, Dongsheng Divine South Bringing the Ministry Island (Earth), West cattle He Chau, North Club Luchou) is also known as the Four Heavenly Kings of retaining the world, Liu Yu days the first day (Buddhist world into followed by rising Yu Jie, color industry, formless Three Realms ", the world all" sentient beings "are the three worlds" reincarnation "endless, and only reached Nirvana realm Buddhahood, can" jump out of the Three Realms, free from the cycle of suffering. Yujie another six days, said Liu Yu, days , ranking gods. Liu Yu-day weight days are four kings, four kings and their entourage of the residence).
    the East held the country King: Sanskrit: Dhritarra,. "holding the country" means caring for mercy and protection of living beings, mostly from the Homeland named holding the country King of the East held a national King, that can mostly from the homeland, the former residence of Sumeru gold duo, as white, wearing armor, pipa lute, is the main god of music that he wants to use music to make living beings converted to Buddhism, he was responsible guardian
    Southern growth of the Dongsheng Divine King: Sanskrit: Virdhaka. "growth" is intended to make living beings growth of good roots, mostly from Buddhism, named growth in the King of kings. Southern growth, that make him good roots growth, the former residence of Sumeru glass duo, as blue, wearing armor, sword in hand, to protect dharma is inviolable, he was responsible guardian of the South Bringing the Ministry Island
    Western Canton Head King: Sanskrit: Virpka. "wide head" means to be a net eye in the sky at any time to observe the world, mostly from the people. named King of the wide head. Western Canton Head King, the concept that the net eye in the sky often support this Yanfu Ti, the former residence of Sumeru Silver duo, as a red, wearing armor, and leaders for lots of dragons, the hand wrapped around a Red Dragon (also some for the red cable) to see some people do not believe in Buddhism, the cable hole symmetry breaking, it converted to Buddhism. responsible for guarding the West cattle He Chau.
    north Vaisravana: Sanskrit: Vairavaa. also known Bishamonten, "Tamon" Wen Fu, De-known in the Quartet. north Vaisravana, that Ford of smell Quartet, the former residence of the Sumeru Crystal duo. As a green, wearing armor right holding Umbrella (also known as banner), the left hand of the God Rat - Yinshu. used uniforms magic congregation, mostly from the people of wealth. also known as Shi Choi day.
    Buddhist kings temple, dedicated to the four kings, and points east, south, west, north four kings of
    the East King, on behalf of a responsible, called holding the country kings (holding is to maintain, the country is the country). presided over the affairs of a family, we called housekeeping, presided over the affairs of a company's general manager, chairman, presided over the affairs of a country's emperors, is president. that how to kind of do it? must be responsible for due diligence, everyone in the community, there is a copy of his duties, can the duties of their part in the dedication to do a complete, this social harmony, the state will be able to prosper. holding country kings teach our affair.
    Southern growth kings. alone the duties of thing done well is not enough, but also to make progress every day. fall behind ah! times always in progress, the growth in King tells us: our the Daoxing growth, moral growth, and even knowledge, wisdom, talent, ability to be growth, including our standard of living but also to enhance every day you see! Buddhism is not backward! Buddhism really talk about progress, always standing the front end of the era; he was not to go along with the times, leading the era walked and how to control the country, up, done very satisfactorily? behind the two kings to teach our practice.
    Western Canton Head King, and told us to look at; north Wen King and told us to listen more. This is the Chinese people speak of reading break rolls of the book trip. reading achievements of fundamental science trip, is the so-called tourism, travel, study, can to look around and see the advantages of others, we have adopted; shortcomings, alert us to improve we can [Scheeren short, take people], to build their own society, to build their own country, that this country is countries of the world's most perfect. called the real law enforcement! statue for there is to teach us! you want to see on the know, and always remind ourselves towards this ideal goal of sophistication can do so Buddhism where superstition, where the worship of idols!
    the East held the hands of the country kings holding a lute. on behalf of doing things can not be too hasty to know [middle], can not fail and can not be too; like piano, strings loose not bomb tight it off. Mean Confucian speaking, the Buddhist teachings middle, is responsible for due diligence to be done just right, not too far, can not fail and things in order to satisfactorily
    Southern growth kings, which is represented renewed the hands the sword - Huijian, (the sword of wisdom), [cut the Gordian knot; Huijian Duan Fannao mean Western Canton Head King, who haunt the one-stop, sometimes is a snake, the snake with the dragon is the same meaning. represents change! We often say: dragon but not the tail] represents the physical reality of the world community, of all people, all things, all things are fickle, dynamic and must take him to see clearly, to be able to handle it with confidence. Long said that is what I mean. the
    north Vaisravana holding an umbrella; umbrella is covered with the ever-changing world, there are all sorts of pollution, to prevent, do not pollution. wide learning news at the same time, to protect their clean heart, to be free from pollution. to social reality can be completely rational, sensible understanding, have the wisdom, ability, know what attitude to meet the processing, in order to achieve perfection (whether it is on people, things and objects). King Hall of the King who teach these ah is not only the gods, he burned a few stick of incense, he will bless you peace Which would be wrong!

12. silverfever

silverfever New Member

2009 Four Beauties Set Cast by the Shanghai Mint

Mintage 3000 sets of 4 medals

Issue Price approx CAD$160.00

80 mm Copper

For those interested in this set, I just purchased one directly from Lucklymoneyro. It cost me USD$275.00 shipped. Not a bad price considering the issue price was around $160.00

I also purchased the 2008 Romance of the Three Kingdoms Medal from him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. silverfever

silverfever New Member

Since there was a lot of interest in the 2008 Romance of the Three Kingdoms Set I posted earlier I will give all of you some more details...

From my research there are 2 versions. 1 brass which I posted the pictures earlier and 1 red copper. I believe they are both 100mm.

Mintage I believe is 300 pieces for the brass and 300 pieces for the copper.

Issue price in 2008 was around CAD$322.00 I think.

I purchased the brass version from Lucklymoneyro for around USD$600 shipped.

As we all know, it is probably impossible to now purchase the medal at 2008's issue price.

I've done a little more digging into Luckmoneyro's listings on Taobao which I believe is a Chinese Classifieds and his price on the 2012 Dazu Rock Carving is around 30% below the Ebay price
    so from what I gather since he is throwing in shipping his price is a little on the high side but quite fair.

Anyway just pulled the trigger on the 2008 Brass Romance of the Three Kingdom Medal for USD$600 shipped. With a mintage of only 300 This is tiny for a country of over a billion people.

Again please do your due diligence before purchasing this medal, because I do not read Chinese and I have been using Google Chrome to translate the Chinese Websites.

I purchased the 3 kingdoms medal primarily for my own enjoyment and not for investment.

14. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

Silverfever. Very nice adittions to your collections. The details are amazing and the size is perfect.
    I think will you can will the prince of medals. All know the king.
    ;-)

15. comeaux

comeaux New Member Silver Stacker

sweeeet medals ... love'em !!!

16. silverfever

silverfever New Member

Lol.!!:D

After this spending spree, I will be lying low for a while.

17. jc888888888

I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!SWEET ...............

18. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

I think now is a very good time to hunt bargains
    Yesterday i bought a 1/10 1988 for 225 in ngc69

But i think the bargains will continue for all the 2012 and half 2013 or more.
    Its a good time for acumulation.

19. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

20. silverfever

silverfever New Member