Copper appears like a good buy now

Discussion in 'Other Investments' started by Pirocco, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Just check the futures position:
    [​IMG]
    Look at how the 'traders' bet on lower prices, their negated position (short) is even bigger than in the 'darkest' days of the 2008 global collapse. A peak never seen in a half decade.
    With the commercial hedgers sitting on the other side, a peak long position.
    That goes even beyond the gold and silvers futures market situation, where they are near to net neutral, something that, as far as I know, never happened in history, due to the much higher % of 'investment' / non industrial use.
    Just dwell through the http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?p=w1 charts. Click on each of them to see the longest period overview.
    More and more indices and specific market situations start to point towards a new supercycle. It just needs some trigger to manifest itself. Any news that has some impact suffices.

2. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Where would I buy it ?

Where do you store it ?

Who do you sell it to when you want to cash out ?

3. col0016

col0016 Active Member

I'd assume there is probably a paper market like with gold and silver if you don't actually want to buy and store copper?

4. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

Why buy copper when people throw it away? Youd be amazed how much copper wire can be found for free if you look in the right spots. I have a good 200-250 lbs from just the last year. I carry a pair of straight cut flashing scissors and grab whatever i see thrown out. Clean up days, alleys, beside bins, landfills its every where with minimal effort recycle depots are good too if u go on sun or mon morning when theyre not open people often leave appliances computers etc. This is also a good way to find cpus and gold fingers for gold recovery.

5. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just kick in the plasterboard wall of your office building, grab the copper wire and run with it

6. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

A metal dealer? Not the baker, for sure.
    Where I store other stuff.
    Someone else that wants copper. A metal dealer.
    These answers aren't hard, so why asking?
    Here, copper became a prime target of thieves. On a regular basis, they cut out even live wires/cables from railways/companies, and the government started to regulate metal dealers as that they should have licenses, control methods, ID verification of buyers/sellers and so on.
    And that's the illegal demand part. It can't be hard to find copper buyers lol.

7. Lord_Dudley

Lord_Dudley Active Member Silver Stacker

Up here where I work, I get my men to during their drive around to look out for scrap electrical wires , Fire Hydrants and plumbing materials in the mine site tip and construction jobs. It's our beer money. $1k to $2K per quarter for us. All I do is let it sit in our yard on a pallet. Call the the recycler when it is too full to be on the pallet. 3 weeks later I get an envelop with cash. It is one way of fund raising for charities too.