Converging timelines

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Rinchin, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Rinchin

Rinchin New Member

Watched the mainstream news last night. Bit of a wake up call as to the moves in play and the haste at which things are coming together.

Mainstream stories
    Islamic State bad
    Racial tension in Australia and claims of religious apartheid
    "terrorist" attacks in Syria against children
    Probable ebola case having taken multiple flights to hop, skip and jump across america on his way home
    Hong Kong protests
    Token russia/ukrane update

On the home front
    Increased possibility of terrorist attacks on NZ and our responsibility to send troops if Obama asks
    Meat supply shortages - expect global price to increase, families expected to stop eating meat 7 days/week
    Milk price drops - Dairy farmers (examples giver are smaller kiwi owned farms) going to struggle to keep heads above water
    Kiwi dollar too high, our PM states "goldilocks" level is about 15% lower -but all is ok our reserve bank is intervening by gambling on this to fall
    Labour party is self destructing

Not mentioned
    TPPA

My Thoughts.
    Locally the economic news signals our government has already begun the moves to increase corporate profit, corporate ownership on New Zealand assets and decrease human living standards mandated under the incoming TPPA. Intervention in our exchange rate will mean rising meat prices rise even faster domestically. Since the past decade we have converted huge amounts of our sheep and beef farmland to dairy the dairy industry carries a huge debt burden from this "development" hence small players will not be able to keep up without the big payouts talked up continuously. This will also effectively place our farmland and other productive assets on mortgagee sale at big discount to foreign investment.

Its almost as though they are letting the house of cards fall in the full knowledge that by the time people realise the TPPA will be signed and we will have no option but to accept this take over.

Internationally, the war in the middle east has only been a matter of time for years now. To me the big move is the labeling of ISIS as "Islamic State" giving them the title of State effectively raises them to Nation status with those stupid enough to support a war. Constant rhetoric about this and the Ukraine situation leave no option to avoid a World War type conflict. This time there is no Sadam, Osama etc to target as a victory. It is painted as defeat of Russia and this Islamic State as the only option.

When would you attack if planning a massive war? I'd go for the beginning of winter personally, something about bombing the walls out of peoples houses and destroying the infrastructure that brings gas, oil and warmth makes killing en mass cheaper.

How does Hong Kong fit in? IMHO as part of the the logical progression following the Alibaba IPO. Let me elaborate...

At times of war countries redeploy any manufacturing capacity they can to manufacture supplies for the war efforts. If this was on the cards such a fundraising exercise could effectively trick the enemy into funding the conversion. Of course as soon as war starts all funds invested in enemy territory can be considered lost. So whats with Hong Kong?

Things take time, preparations must be made. With Hong Kong's place as the major financial center at the middle of the east meeting west intersection a 'Bank Holiday" here can be used as a convenient way to shut the front doors and restructure your system for wartime economy. Providing an excuse for interruptions to trade between China and the West, all while being presented to dominate news and provide the ultimate distraction. With talks of the end of QE China will face an end to the stream of freshly printed dollars they have been using to stockpile resources. Most countries would react in the same way, create war, keep the factories going and build weapons - its good for the economy.

Just my rambling thoughts, seems to me we are close to the endgame moves being revealed. Your thoughts would be appreciated?