Company-specific Research Avenues?

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by Roswell Crash Survivor, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Everyone,

Does anyone have unconventional avenues on how to research ASX-listed companies, beyond the company's own 'propaganda' in annual reports/promotional materials?

If the company's profile is high enough a search of the mainstream press could also yield (some miniscue) nuggets of information. Especially previous history/performance of figures in senior management. Of course you have to watch out for 'hatchet jobs', 'halo jobs' and other potential sources of bias.

I do dig through profession-specific trade journals and newsletters, but it quickly reaches the point of diminishing returns especially given cost to access certain resources.

So, does anyone wish to share avenues beyond what I've mentioned here?

-RCS

2. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Yeash I do it the old fashion way - look em up on hot coper et al, look up the managers and the companies they have been board members on, look up the properties if they have been owned by other companies - look at a map of the properties and look for where it is and topography etc etc