COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA Corporation

Discussion in 'YouTube Digest' started by bbobkins, Nov 26, 2012.

1. dagsgarrett

dagsgarrett Member Silver Stacker

2. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Render unto Caesar.
    - Attrib. Jesus of Nazareth.

You can't fight City Hall.
    - Traditional.

Keep a clean nose. Watch the plainclothes. You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
    - Bob Dylan

They will take whatever they want, whether 'commonwealth' or COMMONWEALTH.
    - me

"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    Frank Zappa.

3. Gilligan

Gilligan Active Member

4. dagsgarrett

Hi Gilligan,

The answers I received after 6 months or more of asking was the letter that I received from the Treasury in post #15 of this topic, take that letter as you will. Although the reason for my FOI request was purely to see whether my Local member of parliament did in fact make representations on my behalf as he stated he would, and on the surface It appears that he indeed did so on the 3 December.

Edited

Just to add a point unfortunately the Freedom of Information Act doesn't allow questions to be answered only request for existing documents that may answer your questions, at least it allows an opportunity to receive more transparency from our government. Or simply do as I did and ask your local member the questions and then do a FOI request to insure they do represent you.

Remember they work for us, it shouldn't be the other way round

5. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

Not sure what the issues are here - you asked for docs regarding representations made and received a copy of that letter from your local member to the Treasurer. You asked a series of questions and received accurate and factual answers to those questions.

6. dagsgarrett

@ XB

Perhaps the fact that it took from July 19th 2013 until February 21st 2014 to get an answer from the Treasury for three simple questions, and that was only because I started a FOI request on 23 January 2014 and then magically a letter was sent from the treasury on the 4th of Feb 2014 apologising that they hadn't replied to a letter that I sent them in September 2013.

7. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Perhaps they've got better things to do than write responses to your pointless questions.

8. dagsgarrett

And it's responses like the one above as to why our country is going to be as F@cked up as the rest of the world in the not to distant future.

9. trew

Yeah right. I'm sure getting somebody to answer these questions is going to save us :rolleyes:

I could have answered them for you and saved you all the hassle:

(a). Yes it can do whatever it bloody well likes, it's the government.

(b). Because borrowing money rather than printing it out of thin air is the responsible thing to do.
    I mean why bother having any taxes at all? The govt can just print whatever it needs.
    Worked really well for Zimbabwe.

(c). For some sort of legal requirement for having an embassy in the US.
    Like say, owning property, employing staff, paying taxes etc.
    No, the country hasn't been sold to the Yanks, despite what all the conspiracy nuts tell you.

I'm sure you've got better things to do with your time as well.

10. dagsgarrett

@trew
    In response to,

(a) The government can do what ever it wants because everyone is to lazy to do anything about it, although they can talk all day in the smoko room about how f@cked up Australia is becoming and watch A Current Affair and be outraged.

(b) So how is the purchasing value of your dollar going in Australia, I would hope you never complain about rising energy prices, tax increases, ect, The only difference between us and Zimbabwe is that we are to dumb to realise we are no different from them. Only we have to also pay the interest back on the money that our government gets that is printed out of thin air.

(c) If you can show me a document or a link on the internet that explains this you are doing better than me because it took me 6 months and 3 stupid questions to get anything to shine any light on the matter. Internet forum chatter saying it is just for the purpose of bonds ect is no more proof to me than the conspiracy "nuts" giving their reasons.

11. XB

Dags you could always actually read the info on the "corporation" and the docs it lodged in the USA, the regulations and laws they are lodged pursuant to, and establish a position for yourself. Links were given months before your question and the discussions were wide ranging and covered a bit more than "chatter" as you know full well.

Your third question had a false premise btw, it's not listed as a company, although it is listed (as a foreign government) in the SEC Registers.

12. dagsgarrett

13. XB

Why is it listed and what's the code, what does that code mean and who may use it, what docs have actually been lodged, what are their codes, what do those codes mean, what do the docs themselves actually say? What laws of the USA have these things been lodged under and why do they need to be lodged?

Do your own research since you regard mine as "chatter" and you will find it is NOT listed as a company. Links have been given before about where to look and what the codes mean etc.

14. dagsgarrett

My argument in the topic has morphed not into why it is listed, rather that I was some what criticised for asking pointless questions from our government because they have better things to do with their time. Which made me get my back up because no the don't they are there to serve the people of this country not the other way round. I don't think people should be discouraged from gaining transparency from our government for whatever reason however ridiculous those questions may seem. To simply believe that our government wouldn't lie to us is also just plain ridiculous, I am also man enough to apologise if I have offended anyone not my intention although I am some what passionate about a range of issues this topic being one of those.

Regards

15. trew

Well I still can't see the actual point of your questions.
    Perhaps you could elaborate what you are trying to find out.

That's a huge and incorrect assumption you've made there (assuming it's aimed at me)

Perhaps you could elaborate what you think they have lied about in this instance ?

16. dagsgarrett

whether any powers of the past are still available to use if chosen by our government, as per examples from our history such as the building of the Transcontinental Railway

link
    http://www.peoplesbankparty.org/

Not you, not necessarily this instance, rather government/s in general