Cliff Bennett - Moving into raging USA bull market

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by finicky, Nov 11, 2014.

1. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Still confident of 20,000 DJIA "within a matter of months, and 30,000 in 2019". Escalating from "disbelief rally" into "a raging bull market". Big fund managers will be forced to buy stocks without the intermission of a dip.
    Europe will "muddle through", China "still a power-house"
    Continues to like the A$

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pfsIwhhqVE[/youtube]

2. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Who is Cliff Bennett?

He is most likely ragingly wrong.

Edit: I saw his other video. He's offering a 12 month subscription for $999 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqq40Tgbpo0). But he may be able to do it for $499.

3. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

If he financially guarantees me 30k DJIA i'll give him $500 lol, a sign of the top is ridiculous calls

4. finicky

http://cliffordbennett.com.au

Makes some bold secular calls. Takes a very confident tone. Is on record as having accurately called The Bottom of the ASX in the GFC. Was saying for a while that DJIA would break through to all time highs (as it has) and DJIA has been in the foothills of a new bull market phase, not at the summit before a descent. Original thinker - not into group think like he sees most economists, financial commentators and Reserve Bank. Calls the RBA the Reverse Bank of Australia. Reckons the ASX is in a "grand bull market" as is DJIA. Is positive on Gold oddly. Everything is odd about his views.

Clifford Bennett pro Gold and pro Stocks

5. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The only thing I can agree with him on is the DJIA heading higher at least in the near term. I like the US$ not the A$. Macro data coming out of Europe suggests they aren't doing a very good job of muddling through and China is deliberately slowing it's economy as it's in a transition period.

6. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

There is nothing odd about the idea of the DJIA being at all time highs is good for gold... its frikkin great for gold!

I think he is right about the ragging bull market, last leg of the bull market that is. For people to buy gold they need money, commodities need someone to buy them. The Dow is over bought at the moment and will or should come down but the way the financial world is at the moment it might melt up and be skyrocketed higher. Gold hasn't bottomed yet, and the DOW isn't topping, but I do bet that Gold will bottom and start coming up BEFORE the Dow tops

7. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I can't help but feel that deflation will be exported to the US in the months ahead. IMO there isn't enough strength outside the US to sustain another massive rally without another round of stimulus. The dollar is going to be pushed high enough to start affecting US exporters.

8. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

I agree, but there is a difference between the value of the US dollar and the dollar value of US equities. The first port of call for exchanging US dollars for assets is the US stock market not gold. But that influx is being exaggerated by the fiscal policies of Japan and Europe. This influx of money into the US stock market will rotate eventually into hard assets like real estate, business and hard assets, (probably in that order). The crazy this is that the US dollar is increasing in value - but thats only really an effect of the larger world's desire for inflation to make their exports cheaper. Its a struggle and it will struggle ntill something breaks and there is a big reset.

The US Fed cannot sustain deflation - it is the death nail in their insolvency issue because it forces interest rates up and they have to repay with higher value dollars.

It all just takes time. Longer than PM investors want and too fast for people living the high life off the asset inflation in the stock market. :)

Short term the DOW needs to go down again to relieve the pressure - maybe 5% from here but its possible it might just melt up without a release.

9. finicky

Cliff Bennett - better than a dose of dopamine and seratonin

Monthly China industrial production data vigorous
    Thinks stocks (US and Aust) are so cheap in view of full exuberance stage directly ahead
    Stocks are half priced, average P/E should be ~34!
    Expects ongoing very low energy prices to be very stimulative

InSaNe optimism - but he reckons the group think Reserve Bank, media, and a skeptical national psyche make Australians over-reactive and gloomy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkoZCv-ati8[/youtube]

10. finicky

Must be some annoyed clients of Clifford by now.
    AORDs did make a rally a month after the claims in the prior post - from roughly 5100 in Dec 2014 to 5950 in Mar 2015. However AORDs recently breached 4900. And he advises on long term future trends, not short lived trading opportunities.

The A$ dramatically weakened and the USD strengthened - the reverse of his predictions, as he has admitted.

China's growth has been declining

Commodities crashed

Gold declined.

All to the contrary of his public views as I've heard them.

He's still announcing the same theme though. From his tweets @cliffordbennett :

That commodities will begin a fresh sustained bull trend is the least expected, anticipated, or positioned for scenario in the world today.
    10:01am - 4 Feb 16

The falling US dollar will be the tipping point for a sustained recovery in commodity prices and even for oil.
    10:01am - 4 Feb 16

The falling US dollar will catapult US and global stocks from their current over-sold levels.
    10:00am - 4 Feb 16

11. willrocks

He was clearly wrong in 2014. Why should anyone believe him this time, or pay $999 per year to listen to his opinions?

12. willrocks

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqzRk4Jb4vY[/youtube]

13. finicky

No particular reason that i can think of. I get a bit of interest from his unusual views. He is occasionally right in a spectacular way. I feel heartened that anyone at all has a positive outlook. Big fan of Bo Polny too :)
    Hey, he might just have been too early?

14. willrocks

Being "occasionally" right isn't a good enough reason for me to fork out cash to read his opinions.

Bo Polny, isn't he the exact opposite, predicting an imminent stock market crash? A quick google indicates he's super bullish on silver, predicting $100+ silver.

Still I wouldn't pay either of them to hear their opinions. Nor would I waste my time watching them for free.

15. finicky

I have a lot of time to waste

16. willrocks

I waste a lot of time that could be put to better use.

17. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I ran across Bo Polny a few years ago and read him for ages. A while ago he ran a series of predictions echoing his hero's words, to the effect "I care not what the market says the price will move to my prediction". Unfortunately it didn't happen and he seemed to go to ground.

Now he seems to have found religion and is on about Shemitah in his videos with lots of inspirational music, predicting doom. Not sure about the rest, I only made a few minutes into the last presentation.

Finicky, I have a lot of time to waste as well. LOL

Latest

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syxuxMz-Dno[/youtube]

18. Topherclaus

Topherclaus Active Member

I liked some of his stuff until we got to these predictions based in religion. I cringed a lot and had to turn it off. I've since gone back and watched just out of interest to see how far he goes. Lol.

At one point he's doing 'math' based on religious numbers and just changes it by knocking a 0 off the end with no explanation how that is acceptable. Actually quite loopy.