Chinese Panda Bullion 2016 - The first new PM standard bullion coins

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by ninteno, Sep 12, 2015.

1. ninteno

ninteno Member

It becomes clearer that the new chinese panda bullion coins will be 30gr to replace the western standard size from ounce to metric gramm. We will see new sizes also in gold bullion.
    The 1.9oz ( set of 5 coins AU) will be history soon.
    With 2016 we will see 30,15,8,3,1 gr in gold coins.

I am also sure we will see something like "30gr. AU 999" on the coins again.

WHY: the answer is simple - china is about to overtake the global physical gold trading market from the western dominated places in new york and london.

china has the Shanghai gold exchange in place and already build all the institutions they need to do so.
    The chinese standard bullion size is 1kg ( 1000gr)
    1000gr can not be divided to onces without digital places.
    the western standars size for bars is 12,5kg which is 400oz.
    over years now the swiss refiners melt down the standard 400oz bars to 1kilo bars and ship them to the east.
    western gold world is dominated by paper, eastern world by physical.

the one who has the gold will make the rules.
    And the new rule is that gold is no longer measured in ounces
    With the 2015 panda bullion china made only the first step with eareasing the "oz" inspcription on their coins.
    next step will be the 2016 bullion coins with inscription gr and purity and AU /AG

for sure it will take some years from the beginning in 2016, but i am sure we will see the new gold order on the australian gold bullion soon.
    China has already won the game on the physical gold market without MSM noticed it.

With the new 2016 panda bullion they show the world the new beginning gold standard that is no longer under control of western world.
    Personally it will have the consequence that i have to replace my gold standard bullion to the new standard.
    Old pandas and also some lunar gold will stay but US and Canadian (oz) gold has to be replaced.

welcome to the new gold bullion standard, just simple and just my 2 cent

2. Porcello

Porcello New Member

That's a very interesting opinion. But why do you think that gold with indication of weight in oz has to be replaced? Gold is gold, and people will always keep on buying wether it is in grams, ounces, tolas, taels, luongs, or whatever

3. ninteno

ninteno Member

I simply think china is about to demonstate their power in the gold market.
    they want to dominate the gold market in future and 1kg bars
    are their standard. divide 1000gr / ounce and you have 31.xx oz
    thats not good to calculate. they calculate in the metric system.
    think about what happens if australia will decide to match to the chinease market with
    their bullion.

edit: its only my personal job to replace my standard us/ca/sa non numis bullion

4. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

So it appears that leaving off the weight was a strategic move from the start. I guess the 2015's will be the year different from all others. Interesting.

5. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I welcome the change being made by China.

Besides, the metric system is so much better than the lame, antiquated, counter-intuitive system the U.S. uses. Way back in the 1970's, when there was widespread talk in the U.S. of the U.S. finally joining the rest of the modernized world in switching to the metric system, I was excited that this change would happen. But whomever the thick-headed dinosaurs in the U.S. that prevented that change were, stopped it from happening.

6. trozau

trozau Member

AFAIK, The China Mint plan is to remove the weight, purity and metal composition from the 2015 Pandas but still issue them in troy ounce multiple/fractional weights. For 2016 onwards, the plan is to switch over to round gram weights (still with no weight, purity and metal composition indicated on the coin). Corresponding Yuan face values will still be maintained on the corresponding gram sizes as they are in the troy ounce coins of 2001 - 2015. Also, contrary to what some think that they will be shortchanged 1.1 grams by the change to 30 grams, the pricing will still be based on the actual weight of the coin + usual premium (may just be a little challenging for some who are not familiar with troy ounce to gram conversions).

7. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Looking forward to metric, not a fan of troy ounces, or any other kind.

8. Dutchgreener

Dutchgreener Member

Well I live in Europe so I always had trouble with those strange ounces.
    Would be happy when they start with the grams.

Dutch

9. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

30 gr was stupid.... 25 50 100 would make sense. But 30gr is a halfway half assed way to break with tradition.

How many 30g coins in a kilo?

10. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

That remains to be seen.

Besides, I have no idea what the wholesale price on 2015 Panda's is now -- never mind for the 2016's.

11. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

33.33 with a bar over the last two 3's! :D

12. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

What metal composition is that bar? :p

13. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

stupid move : THE WHOLE WORLD has measured gold in troy ounces for 100,s of years ,because China mint,s a panda coin in Grams if anyone thinks it will change a worldwide system is misguided ..... lets see there little experiment trying to set up a world bank flopped on its ass ....the Chinese have been selling gold to India to cover there latest currency manipulation,trust me the standard of anything to do with financial markets certainly wont be established by the Chinese ,I am not bashing it is just a fact .No one trust them in the financial world .Currently they are punishing people who try to sell stocks these are the same folks that where talked into investing into a monumental bubble by the government .The list is just too long ..why in the world the Chinese government has the arrogance to think they can change a gold measurement standard by putting a bear on a coin is beyond me ..I wont be buying them as when it comes to liquidate bullion I think no one will want them

14. jc888888888

Major car companies and manufacturing companies in the US are the culprits (dinosaurs) to retool the system would cause financial havoc here and they are a powerful lobby:)

15. jc888888888

I am sure the perth mint will follow the Chinese :)

16. m0xty

m0xty Member

Great news...I'll keep my Panda Gold Coins prior 2015

17. ninteno

ninteno Member

Don't get me wrong, but in term of manipulation from goverments and you own gov

"Do not throw with stones while you are sitting in a house of glass"

As the old saying goes in germany.

18. jc888888888

agreed they are all thieves the Chinese elevate it to a new level

19. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

I agree, 25g, 50g, 100g etc for coins is nice size.

I don't mind ounces for coins though, but bars are much nicer to keep in the metric system anyway.

20. ninteno

ninteno Member

Here we go - with purtity and weight inspription as expected

http://www.pbc.gov.cn/tiaofasi/144941/144959/2964361/index.html

Silver - 30/150/1000 gr
    Gold - 1/3/8/30/50/100/150/1000

The 50/100gramm gold coins are a bit a surprise

New world standard gold/silver bullion is born :)

People's Bank of China is scheduled for October 28, 2015 Release 2016 Panda coin set. The set of coins altogether 12, including nine gold coins, silver coins 3, People's Republic of China are legal tender.

First, the coin design

The set of coins positive pattern are Beijing Temple of Heaven, and published country name, reign; the back patterns are the panda climbing tree, and published denomination, weight and fineness.

Second, the size and circulation of commemorative coins

(A) 1 gram round gold coins commemorative coins for the general system, containing 1 gram of pure gold, diameter 10 mm, denomination of 10 yuan, 99.9% fineness, the largest circulation of 600,000.

(B) 3 g round gold coins for the general system of currency, including gold, 3 grams, a diameter of 18 mm, denomination of 50 yuan, 99.9% fineness, the largest circulation of 600,000.

(C) 8 grams round gold coins for the general system of currency, including gold 8 grams, diameter 22 mm, denomination of 100 yuan, 99.9% fineness, the largest circulation of 600,000.

(D) 15 g round gold coins for the general system of currency, containing 15 grams of pure gold, diameter 27 mm, denomination of 200 yuan, 99.9% fineness, the largest circulation of 600,000.

(E) 30 g circular gold coins for the general system of currency, containing 30 grams of pure gold, diameter 32 mm, denomination of 500 yuan, 99.9% fineness, the largest circulation of 600,000.

(F) 50 g round of refined gold coins commemorative coins, including gold 50 grams, a diameter of 40 mm, denomination of 800 yuan, 99.9% fineness, the largest circulation of 20,000.

(G) 100 g round of refined gold coins commemorative coins, including gold 100 grams, a diameter of 50 mm, denomination of 1500 yuan, 99.9% fineness, the largest circulation of 10,000.

(Viii) 150 g round of refined gold coins commemorative coins, including gold 150 grams, a diameter of 60 mm, denomination of 2000 yuan, 99.9% fineness, the largest circulation of 5000.

(Ix) one kilogram round of refined gold coins commemorative coins, including gold 1 kg, a diameter of 90 mm, denomination of 10,000 yuan, 99.9% fineness, the largest circulation of 500.

(X) 30 g round silver commemorative coins for the general system of currency, including silver 30 grams, a diameter of 40 mm, denomination of 10 yuan, 99.9% fineness, the largest circulation of 8,000,000.

(XI) 150 grams of refined round silver coins commemorative coins, including silver, 150 grams, a diameter of 70 mm, denomination of 50 yuan, 99.9% fineness, the largest circulation of 50,000.

(Xii) one kilogram round of refined silver coins commemorative coins, including silver 1 kg, a diameter of 100 mm, denomination of 300 yuan, 99.9% fineness, the largest circulation of 20,000.

Third, the set of gold and silver commemorative coins respectively, by Shenzhen Guobao Mint Co., Shenyang Mint and Shanghai Mint Co., Ltd. casting, China Gold Coin Corporation.