Chinese Buddha silver Medallion

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by honson, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Better not to following this thread any more as in this year my spending on PM was 0. :)

If you are planning to do a group buy, I'm interested in 1 or 2 medals. With shipping and custom fees it will be still cheaper than if I buy one for around 200$. :)

Thanks all for sharing pictures, info and interesting comments! :)

2. Audeamus

Audeamus Member

You can put me down for a PuTuo. Just need it shipped to OZ. Not as nice as the Wutai, but still very desirable.

3. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Hey Stark, I'm with you sir. Best to stay away from this forum when money is in short supply. I just better get my commish checks promised, or I'm screwed, because I'm buying in advance of them coming. LOL. Not a good strategy...you don't own it if you don't hold it...that goes for checks. LOL. But seriously, I do need to stay away, but the info is soooo helpful....and the coins/medals too sinful. :)

4. barsenault

I'm buying my medal thru Lucky for 130.00 for a single, and free shipping. Order direct via insured PayPal. [email protected] I've done it many times, without a hurdle. Lucky tried to sell it to me for 165, and I went 'whoa', your friend Thincat said 150, and he went, oh yeah, 'what about 130.00?' LOL. Not really like that, but you know what I mean. :)

5. barsenault

translation to Honson's blog on the Wutai medal

Mountain " Silver is extremely positive pattern like Manjushri Temple Suan Ni ride like , Suan Ni hooves stomp, head Shuer , full of energy , desire seems to be vacated ; Manjushri wearing five Buddha , wearing robes and holding Ruyi , lover solemn eyes if Ching Lin , Chuijian ears , cheeks plump , natural look , radiant, look contend successfully demonstrated the inherent Manjushri ethos and style charm.

In reality, it is high statue of Buddha Manjushri , who overlooking angle, Buddha 's face will appear on a certain visual distortion, only partially visible , so the Silver Medal , Liu Bo ( designer ) on the visual angle made a special deal . The body portion and the head portion of the Buddha statues were adjusted appropriately elongated proportions , so Silver is closer to flat screen viewing angles .

It is a statue of Buddha Ming Dynasty , both to comply with the rules of the Han Buddhist statues , and the fusion of Tibetan Buddhism statue of expression .

Therefore, in the carving process , Manjushri abundance shy face , eyebrows long head , and looked gentle, touching charm . Its clothing is very beautiful, especially the attention to detail characterize , body wrapped in dense networks beaded necklace , crafted , meticulous.

First, from a relatively high position , the mellow feeling manifested Buddha's body mass , body curve , and its wan song filled the position, in a solemn sense of clarity through the clever ideas and wisdom. Buddha 's eyes are very expressive, eyes closed slightly down , overlooking the Manjushri all inclusive feeling beings vivid expression. Secondly, the statue was originally very complicated and delicate clothing patterns, according to the characteristics of the metal embossed minified , slightly simplified , so that even to the last chapter of the silver screen , complicated fine pattern can be seen very clearly. Including Manjushri handheld gilded smug, strong sense of metal , each of the small gilded pattern on wishful able to show very clearly in front of us .

Buddha lace dress , headwear , accessories, made certain process, so even relatively heavy silver metal sense , still showed a " dense drapery , tulle through the body " feeling. Appreciation Silver , Buddha eyes if Ching Lin , plump cheeks , looked dignified, being like Emperor Kangxi said, "Swiss to natural ."

Especially facial expressions Manjushri grace calm, with the " Plus blow does not move, sit tight Bauhinia Taiwan" quiet strength of character ; while under the seat Suan Ni Buddha eyes wide open , glaring at the front, with a demure Manjushri stark contrast , dynamic, very appealing . Because of the success of these details , these statues grace, stately bearing performance was dripping vivid , through a sense of clarity of thought and wisdom Smart

6. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

7. barsenault

yes sir. I have a 68 like that (NGC), and a raw one that I'll get graded one day. I wonder how many pieces there really are of that one. Definitely not 500, as I 'heard' that many were melted. Also, I've been told that they the dies have been destroyed. Whew. :) One of my favorites in my collection because of the history behind the medal.

8. lostwords

lostwords New Member

U folks have way too much money to spend :)

9. Stark

Ohhh, I thought you were planning to do a group buy for Wutai. :)

Yup, I agree with that one. :)

I've decided I will mainly collect only Norfeds and maybe some other coins/medals. It's easy to spend money on too much stuff and then you miss some good Norfed deals. :)

10. barsenault

Yeah, the group buy didn't work out so much. Plus, Lucky is selling them for 130, the same price that Thincat is selling them if we order more than 10. Although, I think I trust Thincat a little more. :)

11. honson

honson New Member

Today I order Two more Wutai........... :)

12. barsenault

very nice! I have 3 too. Although I have one with baggie, no good? Lucky sold it to me. How did a freak'n baggie get inside??? :rolleyes:

13. Stark

Maybe we could do group buy of Wutai, but I guess you are buying them fast and don't want to wait. :D :p

14. mmissinglink

I think some of us jumped quickly on purchasing 1 or more Wutai as soon as honson shared the info....but certainly that doesn't mean that there isn't room for a group buy. I must admit though that I have surpassed my reasonable limit of purchases on metals products and I am dipping into funds of mine that I really shouldn't be.

<< << U folks have way too much money to spend >> >>

For me, it's more like I have far too little restraint than I should. When you have as little expendable money as I do at this time, any amount of money spent on pm products is too much money spent.

But you know, when I go to my safe deposit box, take out a really nice coin or medal like a Wutai and marvel at it....somehow it just doesn't seem like a bad idea that I spent retirement money on it.

Oh, and as for the Norfeds, Stark, yes, those are awesome rounds. It must be a pretty nice feeling for you to know that you have a nice collection of these historical products.

15. mmissinglink

Is there any confirmation from an authoratative source that the Wutai that arrives in the baggie and plastic pouch are medals that are re-sealed and that that's not the original mint packaging?

16. jcz1

jcz1 Member

I bought from 2 different sellers (lucky and thincat) and both came like that, so I'd like to know also.

17. mmissinglink

It looks like at least 5 SilverStacker members have purchased at least 1 Wutai medal very recently. Some purchased more than 1 Wutai medal.

It goes to show that some stackers are not exclusively bullion bars buyers but in fact are people who diversify and appreciate finer precious metals products.

I no longer feel so alone! :)

18. honson

honson New Member

In first release ,that is only plastic pouch ,
    some command form china forum,

here is the translate

"The forum in China,

Yes, Putuo small bronze pieces are almost never fade, but later returned to the manufacturer Shen repair a batch of coins and improved packaging, and that a number of quality is still relatively stable. Putuo Mountain Little Silver I had handled six, seven, most are good, so far I've only been to a fade, but then return it. Small Copper Mountain chapter small silver handled fired several chapters in the present, I have not found the issue fade."

I think the new packing is "baggie and plastic pouch"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. mmissinglink

Hi honson,

So, if I am understanding you correctly, then the medal that is pictured below may actually come from the Mint that way after the Mint received some medals returned with "fade" and then the Mint put in baggie for extra protection against "fade" and re-sealed the outer plastic pouch?

[​IMG]

20. honson

honson New Member

May be the first release have some fade problem
    Than the mint use the new packing for another late release or repacking