China wants to 'cripple' Australia and 'hold our corpse up as an example'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by willrocks, May 13, 2020.

1. openeyes

openeyes Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am sure it has been said before - we all would enjoy to have a good trading relationship with China and any other country for that matter.

However their treatment of people (their own and other countries) has now reached a level that seems to have past some unknown threshold for people in general. The US has taken this and seems to be going with it. China is simply upping the ante and I think this will not work in their favour in this instance. Their frustration may lead to war although I think the world in general has past the threshold of acceptance and is now prepared for such and outcome as terrible as it will be. Their (Chinese CCP) level of disregard has gone too far. The US is of course only interested in its own position. They too seem to be on a path of self destruction. A new world is about to be born but with some considerable pain for many.

Australia will not escape the fallout and there will be much gnashing of teeth from those whose finances will be impacted both great and small. We see it already in the press. In the end we must have a civil society otherwise the very basis of society will be lost and a pitiful life for all will result.

STC, Shaddam IV, jultorsk and 5 others like this.
  2. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^ Australia should take the financial hit and distance our dependancy on China. If we don't, China will own and screw us in the end anyway.

Shaddam IV, jultorsk, paruwka and 2 others like this.
  3. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

exactly.
    would be a big hit and it would hurt but we need to start thinking longer term.

Shaddam IV, Skyrocket and Holdfast like this.
  4. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^When the house gets hit by a cyclone, it's best to rebuild a cyclone resistant city.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  5. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If I'm an fair looking Asian living in Australia, I'll definitely be very concerned about this.

When the backlash finally comes, can you say "I'm a Filipino" or "I'm a Vietnamese Australian"?

I warned about this even a year ago. It's easy to see where this is heading.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  6. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bringing It Home - "At Last" - Maybe!
    President Trump has suggested the United States may pull back the international supply chains and do all the work domestically instead.

"I could tell you hundreds of stories of the stupidity that I have seen. "
    As an example, we make a fighter jet, the F-35,"We make parts for this jet all over the world, we make them in Turkey, we make them here, we make them there.
    The problem is if we have a problem with a country, you can't make the jet.
    "We get parts from all over the place, it's so crazy. We should make everything in the United States. We're doing it because I'm changing all those policies."
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05...-35-production-jobs-out-of-australia/12252384

Here in Australia, we do better than that, we give the blue-prints for our proposed subs to the world to view. Subs are supposed to be clandestine.
    It's time we brought industry home to Australia and just as President Trump is trying to do, aspects of security need to be in place for not only the defence but everyday living.
    The days of she'll be right mate are out the door.
    We need water security, fuel security, border security, production security, job security and much more.
    We need to stop selling rare-earths to China.

7. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

War is an international endeavour and industry. No wonder construction of weapons is globalised.

Holdfast likes this.
  8. sgbuyer

The Japanese also did propaganda in the past.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You'll be right, the Greeks and Vietnamese i know have been saying that since the 70's. Earlier even but I was too young to know then.

JulieW likes this.
  10. sgbuyer

The entire processed food industry is a scam. People complain about vaccine but hardly anyone talks about possibly contaminated and toxic ingredients in processed food.

The main reason why I avoid processed food, and this includes anything canned, even canned "whole foods", whole tomatoes and "100% orange juice". If I want to drink orange juice, I need to inspect the oranges first.

In my opinion, there should be a law that mandates manufacturers to list the source of every ingredient used in processed food. Consumers should have the right to know the origin of every single ingredient in the product.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    Shaddam IV and wrcmad like this.
  11. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the possibility that if a country does not keep up in terms of knowledge and expertise, it is in danger of getting exploited by the other countries who trade with each other?

On a related note, if there was a NWO where the whole planet is one jurisdiction, one people and without borders, why would it not be on the road to poverty?

12. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

You could have pointed to the Amish instead. ;)

paruwka likes this.
  13. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

14. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No, people/communities/countries which attempt to be self-sufficient experience a decline in prosperity. It's due to comparative advantage.

paruwka likes this.
  15. sgbuyer

The fallout is inevitable because we're dealing with insanity.

16. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

Indeed there may well be a financial cost, but there is more to it.

Typically, entities (people/communities/countries) that seek self-sufficiency intend to gain something in return, whether it is national security, social cohesion, retention of culture or other things.
    To some, the question might be "well, what does that pay?".

I consider those things luxuries, and as such they are unlikely to lead to financial gain.
    I think so long as entities take a measured approach to having some luxuries, they won't end up in poverty like those who over indulge.

precious roar likes this.
  17. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm not pro China on this matter, but hasn't US been doing these bullying acts to smaller/3rd world countries for some time?!
    Like war in Iraq, where they 'mask' the issue of Saddam being too powerful & threatened others in middle East. US went in & 'help' civilians to take their country back, right?! The truth in that was the oil that US wanted to secure for their big US refineries.. the latest news is Ukraine has now shown the world that they've been bullied all their times as being 'ally' with US...
    So, why is this different to what China is currently doing? What I can see with China is they're more direct than being playing US 'cat-n-mouse' approach... US helped with something in return....and very much shown with Trump administration

18. precious roar

precious roar Active Member

There is a few of us out there but you are right, we are a minority.

19. sgbuyer

The han empire is not asian. This is what most people do not understand. Nor is it the minority. In fact, it is the majority.

jultorsk likes this.
  20. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is so good from Rowan Dean I'm copying here in entirety. https://www.afr.com/policy/foreign-...s-debt-diplomacy-and-decline-20200521-p54va4?

A short history of the Dan dynasty's debt diplomacy and decline
    Historians generally regard the rule of Emperor Dan as a low point in Chinese civilisation.

The Dan dynasty (Dān wángcháo, Chinese: 丹王朝 ) or the Dan empire (not to be confused with the Dan Murphy’s empire, see separate entry) was an obscure southern outpost of the Imperial Kingdom of China during the Jinping dictatorship of the early 21st century.

Historians generally regard the Dan dynasty as a low point in Chinese civilisation: a cesspit of self-indulgent cosmopolitan culture and disastrous financial mismanagement.

Dan territory, acquired by the cunning Emperor Xi without firing a single shot, stretched across the entire swath of inner-city latte-sipping suburbs surrounding the decadent gwái-lóu capital.

The Dan dynasty reached its despotic peak during the Great Plague of 2020, a pandemic that swept out of a bowl of bat soup in Wuhan and in which an estimated 1.5 million people didn't perish.

The Dan capital, known as the Golden City of the One Thousand Shrinking Petals and Quivering Snowflakes (present-day Melbourne), was the most forbidden city in the world at the time, thanks to the secrecy surrounding the deals the Dan had signed up to with his Beijing overlords.

Celestial Treasurer to the Dan got down on his knees and swore undying loyalty to the Emperor Xi, it wasn't enough to save him from being garrotted after delivering a disastrous 2021 budget, in which the fiefdom’s debt had grown to over $20 billion, all of it discovered in worthless crumpled yuan notes stuffed into empty cans of baby formula.

But the Dan was able to struggle on for another 18 months by calling on his loyal armies of ambulance paramedics, firefighters, police, healthcare workers, traffic wardens and an estimated $387,842 worth of taxpayer-funded electoral officers (in red shirts, natch) to intimidate and subdue the populace.

Vassal states such as Queensland and the ACT paid verbal tribute to the Dan court, leaving the mainland Jinping dictatorship free to concentrate on crushing and subduing rebel regions such as Hong Kong in late 2020 and Taiwan in early 2022.

In the ensuing panic, the Dan signed the Imperial Acquiescence to the Belt and Road Initiative.

Through its powerful "debt diplomacy" protectorate system, the Jinping dictatorship also gained political hegemony over many neighbouring states in the South Pacific, as well as Sri Lanka and several nations in Africa.

Historians record that the Dan dynasty began with a surprising period of progress and stability in the early years of its rule, concentrating on building railway crossings and, er, building railway crossings (is that it? – ed.) until the devastating corona plague caused the deaths of at least 18 people across the entire state, including a cluster at the Celestial Abattoir and Cedar Wet Markets.

In the ensuing panic, the Dan signed the Imperial Acquiescence to the Belt and Road Initiative, locked down the borders and banned all treasonous activities such as fishing and golf. In late 2020, Emperor Dan adopted the title of Dan of All Heavenly Social Isolations.

Many notable innovations occurred under the Dan, including the development of an anti-bullying scholastic program that encouraged impressionable young girls to blossom into handsome young boys, and ponytailed and bearded young boys to blossom into attractive young ladies, and the Dan became a major centre of influence in the kingdom’s culture wars, with its academic prowess second only to the Mogul wastelands of Kazakhstan.

However, around this time the scheming eunuch Al-Bo, who everybody had forgotten even existed, committed political suicide by announcing his plan to reduce the kingdom’s net emissions to zero (except in China, of course, which was permitted under the Paris Agreement to carry on increasing its carbon dioxide output until 2030 by whatever its thousands of blossoming celestial coal-fired power plants could possibly manage).

The eunuch’s insane proclamation sent all economic activity across the land spiralling into a sharp and permanent decline; agrarian riots resulted in visual atrocities such as the Extinction Rebellions of 2019-22 where unwashed devotees glued themselves face-down to the New Silk Road before starving themselves to death on avocado and kale muffins. Paganism and the worship of religious entities such as the Goddess Gaia and the Sainted Greta flourished under the Dan, with climate cults and Malthusian sects gaining prominence in the halls of power and corporate boardrooms.

Traditional religious "hate-figures" such as Cardinal Hell were relentlessly persecuted by the authorities and thrown into jail for months on end even when they were found to be innocent.

The Dan ruled from 2014 to the "long night of the incredibly sharp knives" on Saturday, November 26, 2022 at about 6pm, just after the polling booths shut, when the dynasty was wiped clean from the pages of history.

The Dan dynasty was preceded by the eminently forgettable and weak Napthine rule and followed by the prosperous era of rebuilding the economy now known as the Tim Smith Golden Age.

Shaddam IV likes this.