Cardinal George Pell Loses Appeal and Will Remain in Prison

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by GoldenEye, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It is truly a sorry state of affairs when spurious accusations are all that are required to throw an individual into prison.

Edit: I make no judgement on his guilt regarding the accusations. But the findings of the jury are not based on evidence, just emotions.

Skyrocket, ozcopper and STC like this.
  3. ozcopper

ozcopper Administrator Staff Member

Weather you like Pell or Catholics is not the point of this conviction, it is how easily and with little evidence a person can be thrown in jail and life ruined. There was another recent case where a person helped a broken down lady who had car trouble. She said he assaulted her but it turned out to be false. His wife divorced him and he lost his job and house. The lady that accused him only got 4 months jail.

4. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

"Each of the three judges sitting on the appeal has watched recordings of the evidence given by 12 of the 24 witnesses at the trial."

Having 12 witnesses willing to testify under oath couldn't really be described as "easily and with little evidence". Witness testimony under oath, is evidence.

12.png
    https://www.scribd.com/document/422575005/Pell-v-the-Queen-Judgment-Summary#fullscreen&from_embed

5. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Active Member

I thought those types got promotions through the church, not jail time. Seems they are usually protected.

6. GoldenEye

I'm a bit confused? Are people saying they believe the original jury was rigged, and now the judges were paid off or something? I would expect the jury and judges to have much more details of the case than we have?

7. mongrelmaple

mongrelmaple Active Member Silver Stacker

I remember reading that case. That case raises two important points...

• Just how easily a males life can be ruined when he is accused of any sexual misconduct. Even though he has now been proved beyond any reasonable doubt that he did anything wrong, his name is forever tainted and at the mercy of a google search. As a male myself, this is arguably my biggest concern when thinking of trying to a potential new partner.
    • The wife of this poor bloke didn’t even bother to let the dust settle from the accusation before she filed papers. Didn’t even make it to beyond the initial bail hearing before she washed her hands of the marriage! I could completely understand her doing so if he was proven guilty, but my god it shows her character.

Agnostic and 66rounds like this.
  8. mrsilverservice

mrsilverservice Well-Known Member

How about this then - he was accused of groping two boys in a pool but his passport revealed that he wasn't even in the country at the time when they accused him - Check Mate :confused:

The fact is whether he did or didn't do what was stated this subject would be gladly banned from this forum forever if I had my way,what real purpose does it serve,nothing except for the self righteous to declare their white robes :rolleyes:

I bet if it happened to you you would be not so quick to blow your trumpet o_O sick :confused: no shame :(

I am looking forward to this perverse repeated topic being closed (again) :mad:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

The Book of Psalms Chapter 95 verse 7

For He is our God,and we are the people of His pasture,and the sheep of His hand :D

66rounds likes this.
  9. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I would not be surprised if it was coz the Catholic church has been under attack from elite world rulers to achieve their "leftist" end goal. Just look at how the West is pushing tolerance and acceptance of the Islamic religion while at the same time pushing out Christianity and it's values. The proof is everywhere if one looks. One example is the lefts acceptance/push of multi genders which is against Christianity. Look what happened to Israel Folau after he simply quoted a verse from the bible in relation to homosexuality. This is a joke because everyone that goes to court has to swear on the holy bible. One day it will be replaced with the Koran. Look what is happening in UK, Sweden, ect where some courts are based on Sharia law from the Koran. The elites goal is to use Islam to take away our culture and identity so through all the trouble and chaos it will cause it will be easier for them to bio chip everyone = total enslavement. Problem, reaction, solution.

10. 66rounds

So the goal of the leftists is to replace one religion with another? By using homophobia? I think your thoughts are a bit confused.
    An attack on one religion is an attack on all religion. If they dismantle the Catholic Church, the mosque, synagogue, gurdwara and temple will all be next in line.

11. GoldenEye

I understand that our Elite Masters have been slowly enslaving us, but the church has been part of the problem, as it has mostly stood by and said nothing unless it affects the church's finances.

Anyhow, I can't see what this has to do with the opinion of a jury and 3 judges who had much more info than the public had to make their decision.

12. ddevil

ddevil Member Silver Stacker

He should've should been locked up for protecting the peadofiles in the church

13. aussiesilver

aussiesilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

He does already have a few mates inside

14. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No, just to use Islam to divide and destroy the Christian culture and identity of the West so they can implement their bio chip of everyone. A nation with no indentity and gender is easier to control. No one is united when a nations culture clashes with itself.

Nicholas Rockefeller admitted the elite's goal is a 100% microchipped and enslaved World population

15. 66rounds

No need to use Islam for this goal when it is Western civilization that has debased itself entirely with homosexuality, perversion and moral debasement.

willrocks likes this.
  16. 66rounds

This is a good point, but that's not what he was charged with. If it was then his sentence would be more deserving.

17. Agnostic

Agnostic Active Member Silver Stacker

Yes I thought similar, how sad that the wife believed the court over her husband.

A real caution to look for a partner of character, and to build a strong deep relationship.

And also to think about the legal environment, cultural expectations (I imagine the wife would have been encouraged at the time as a strong independent woman), and nature of the modern marriage "contract" (versus covenant)

66rounds likes this.
  18. 66rounds

As you point out, marriage has changed. The man often and sadly no longer wears the pants as they say.

19. l***g

l***g Active Member Silver Stacker

No they don’t (and rightly so)

willrocks likes this.
  20. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Pell is now a convicted sex offender based on witness testimony of at least 12 people. I don't think that's some grand conspiracy, the facts simply don't support that.

Welcome to the information age. Hopefully more of these pedophiles get exposed for what they are and their crimes against children.

It won't happen to me because I don't sexually abuse children.

Do you think everyone should turn a blind eye so more of these sick individuals can get away with it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.