Canadian wildlife Series...... The Grizzly is next up.

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by kookaburra, Feb 1, 2011.

1. SilverMark

SilverMark Member

yeh mine too. It is a damn shame RCM hasn't sorted that issue out, especially considering it affects all there silver bullion coins. Not possible to remove the spots without changing the sheen unfortunately.

2. Ag47

Ag47 Active Member Silver Stacker

Is this industry standard for online orders - i.e BB receives dud coins and passes them on to us at full price and we have no recourse?

3. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

No, all the Canadian coins are hit or miss when it comes to the spotting. In my experience, the coins that come in the sealed pouches are better quality than those that come in the tubes, but when ordering from an online dealer you never know what you will get. My wolves had more spotting than the grizzlies.

4. Loxmyf

Loxmyf Member

BB don't break the seals of the tubes. How do you suggest they check for milk spots?

The tube of wolves I purchased from Gainesville last year are covered with milk spots. I'm sure there were less when I opened the tube for the first time than there are now.

The tube of grizzlys I purchased of BB recently don't seem to have any milk spots. Time will tell if that remains the case. Either way, they are bullion coins. The premium change will be cents, not dollars.

5. STC

STC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have 5maples, no milk spots. But won't buy more (unless there cheap!) simply because of this problem. You think they would have sorted this out by now?

6. Ag47

Ag47 Active Member Silver Stacker

I only ordered 10 coins and the milk spots were rather obvious. I think I'll also stay away from ordering Canadian products online for the time being...

7. Silvester

Silvester Member

I received 5 Grizzlies from BB - no milkies. Gotta say I'm not as impressed by the actual coin as I was by the pics. It's OK. Prefer kookas.

8. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

+1

Although...I will finish out the series. I will put together 10 sets. I like the wolf better than the grizzly. I'm hoping for a moose, orca whale, and some other neat critters to finish out the series.

9. SilverMark

SilverMark Member

It is a known and accepted issue of RCM coins - not a defect so it isnt as if BB is going to send them back.

They may oxidise or something, making them more noticable.

like you said, they are bullion coins so you will get at least spot for them. I do think it would potentially affect or limit any premium though. Is a shame as they are nice coins.

Yeh wolf was a bit nicer design, but also looking a get the whole set. I think you will be on the money with the moose and orca. I wouldnt be suprised to see an eagle or something in there too.