Canada $20 Maple Leaf at face value?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by xrayspecs, May 10, 2011.

1. Jcoin

Jcoin New Member

I try to restrict how many I buy and much prefer grabbing one or two at most usually. Purely due to my disposable income and the fact that I like to purchase a few different releases rather then a whole bundle of the same one. Helps make my collection a heap more interesting! :)
    A lot of the time I find myself either selling off my doubles after they increase in price, or swapping them with fellow collectors. Suppose not all of us in it for stacking and selling off massive amounts.

2. cdnmetalmetalhead

cdnmetalmetalhead New Member

If you have the time, there's a nice long thread over here: http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=79692

Basically, for those in Canada, like me, it was a pretty good deal ($20 for $20). I'm lucky enough to live 10 min away from the mint, and was able to order 10. As for actually using them as legal tender, many found this not to be true (as if it wasn't expected). Some 16 yr old kid working at a coffee shop isn't going to risk taking funny money. You can however bring it to your bank, they will assay it, and in 2-3 weeks you will recieve $20 in your bank account. yippie.

This has caused alot of heated debate into whether it really is $20 for $20. neat concept, and I think alot of ppl ending up selling on the bay for profit, rather than actually keeping them :)

3. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Why wouldn't you!?

I looked at the Euro collections website and you can get a max of 2 for only $22 which is great but the $26 postage is a little off putting. I am sure if any Canadians wanted to do a trade there would be a few takers. I will probably get two from the website if there aren't.

Thanks for the link.

4. cdnmetalmetalhead

cdnmetalmetalhead New Member

no problem. FYI, first 5 pages or so is about pre orders and avaiability. After that the debates about collector vs legal tender vs bullion rip off starts:p

5. brisbanecoin

brisbanecoin Member Silver Stacker

Hey mate if your just looking for a couple I could probably help you out at 2 for $55 shipped regular registered Or however you want them shipped just PM me if interested.

6. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

PM Sent

(always wanted to say that!)