Can people here quit hoping for Silver to tank?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Aureus, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

1: Has to do with ore grades and peak oil.
    2: Again, related to peak oil, and oil's relationship to nearly *everything* else, including, fascinatingly, the exponential rise in the human population. Peak oil is a big story, and is intentionally being kept out of the spot light.
    3: The Silver Institute is a good starting place.
    4: That phrasing was intentional, as not sure how to succinctly express it. Basically it has to do with "resource scarcity". Here's an introduction http://www.m2i.nl/images/stories/m2i material_scarcity report.pdf
    James Dines & Chris Martenson have talked about this, Stephen Leeb has written "Red Alert", just published, and recently done some great interviews here on KWN & Financial Sense & RT's "Capital Account". There's an abundance of material on this. Jeremy Grantham published two letters this year about this, here's Part 2 http://www.gmo.com/websitecontent/JGLetter_ResourceLimitations2_2Q11.pdf
    You'll need to look for Part 1, as I can't easily find a link for it, now.

And by saying "well grounded in the fundamentals", I mean that as you have so immersed yourself in it, spent time researching it, cross-referencing, double-checking (eg. the oft-repeated myth about 100:1 silver leverage), etc, that it becomes second-nature to you. In contrast, just because someone has a great memory and can parrot answers to any question, you can't infer that they are "well grounded in the fundamentals". If you are "well grounded", then that will govern your emotional responses.

2. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

HoskinsWEEEOWWHHHHHWEEE..OWWHHH.WEEEOWWHHHH.

You have just been given a ticket by the Silver PolicePlease refrain from being negative in any way about the Hallowed Metal..And for GOD SAKE.. get an education :lol:

REDBACK

3. Garnet

Garnet Active Member Silver Stacker

That WAS the poorest in phrasing! Poorness in phrasing implies a lack of sufficient education in the fundamentals of phrasing. If you were asked right now on the spot if [1] In what circumstances does a noun phrase not function as a noun in a sentence? [2] true or false- an absolute phrase usually contains a noun or pronoun and a present or past participle, and it modifies the entire sentence that it is in. [3]Does a verbal phrase contain a verb part that functions not as a verb, but rather as a noun or an adjective? [4] What type of phrase looks like a verbal phrase with a present participle but functions as a noun? [5] does a verbal present participial phrase functions as a modifier?

What's this got to do with the price of fish?

4. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

Folks are dum were I cum frum

5. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

nothing! I just got nervous when I realised I was uneducated in the fundamentals.

6. HoskinsStreet

HoskinsStreet New Member

Good to see people picked up the grammar point I was making by highlighting it in my own sentence structure.

7. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

A old friend of mine who was a professional interpretator taught me an important lesson years ago, and that's most English speakers do not pronounce many common words 100% correctly; yet the great majority of us would never even pick it up. We understand what the guy is saying, and the pronunciation also sounds correct.

The same is true of grammar. An expert in grammer could probably easily tear apart every second paragraph written on this forum. But what would be the point? What would be the point of an interpretator interrupting another speaker every 3rd/4th word, just to correct them on their pronunciation?

If correct pronunciation & grammar is more important than the spirit/heart of the message, then I would advise not listening to anyone on King World News, or reading them/other experts, as you'll find they're not perfect.

8. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'd be upset if someone tore apart me gramma

Although it can be highly amusing when spelling & grammar Nazi's turn up.

Oh noes - GODWINS LAW

9. greyman68

greyman68 New Member

I am going to sell in 24 years, whatever the price, in for the long haul.:cool: