Can people here quit hoping for Silver to tank?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Aureus, Dec 14, 2011.

1. CedricDaniels

CedricDaniels New Member

Good story black sun. It's been a while since I heard anyone confirm that actual remedial work was done for Y2K. People seem to think it was an urban myth or something. But yes folks, many systems did only store two digits for the year, and for other systems 00 wasn't even recognised as a valid year - in which case the system would fail after 31/12/99.

2. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

Hell yes. I personally worked on 3 financial systems that would have completely screwed things up if they hadn't been fixed!

3. BDR

BDR New Member

I need the services of a shear'a, cause im a bonafide sheep :lol: .

I honestly never ever thought of buying PM's, untill i needed some 999 silver for my PC, stumbled in here by chance, and hav'nt moved, got an addiction to Lunars and Pandas, so i've stolen a stool and i aint getting off it :D .

I want it Silver to take a hit, then i can double my fledling stack with out getting Divorced, all 4.5 oz of it ROFLMAO :p :p :p.

4. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I hope it's not the stool I created this morning :eek:

5. BDR

BDR New Member

Thats why its squishy :mad:

6. Annunaki

Annunaki New Member

Auspm that was well said, im here for the long run, worst case scenario I'll have plenty of silver bullets..

7. hennypenny

hennypenny New Member

8. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

to fractality and beyond ! ;)

9. Philski

Philski Member

i would be a Pessimist, but no one would believe me.

10. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

You guys are doomed. I was not planning on making any more purchases until next March, but the lower prices were too tempting. I bought 2 1oz gold eagles, 1 10oz 2012 silver kook and 2 2oz 2011 silver lunar rabbits. Also bought 1 1oz gold AGE and 4 ASEs for friends.

Gold was around $1563 and silver around $28.62 when I made the purchases. Silver dropped a little lower, but prices are very, very slow to update when gold and silver are dropping. Kind of like forcing a beach ball under water. Similar beach ball effect when gold and silver are rising (prices tend to shoot up quickly). I am almost completely tapped out, so I fully expect to be done for this year. But then I said that before. :)

11. HoskinsStreet

HoskinsStreet New Member

I started in December 2010. Bought half a kilo for $515. I nearly sold as it hit $45 an ounce on nerves but told myself the silver bears predict $80 so I will sell at $65 to be 'safe'.

Obviously that is no longer the plan. After it tanked I bought 10 ounces for $390 when the silver was $35 an ounce. Part of me views this as a mistake but at the time silver could have gone either way again.

Also bought a pair of 1 ounce koalas at $47 back in October.

I'm not panicing yet. But I was wondering what people thought. Do I add more? I feel my half kilo at $515 gives me breathing room on the more expensive purchases, but I am rather nervous now.

12. Nedsnotdead

Nedsnotdead Active Member Silver Stacker

If you have spare cash that you seriously wont need for the next few years then I would load up.

13. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Your nervousness implies that you are not sufficiently educated regarding silver fundamentals. If you were asked *right now* on the spot about [1] peak silver, [2] the relationship between oil & silver, [3] to name two medical uses of silver, [4] to name three industrial uses of silver, [5] the rising commodities boom in "real physical things", etc etc, would you be able to immediately reply? Presumably not.

Do yourself a big favour mate, and *dive into* silver research. Invest in yourself through education, and then you will be able to sleep soundly at night :)

Whether or not to buy more now is an individual matter, as each person has different circumstances. As you do not have much silver, I would agree with "Nedsnotdead" - load up. However, it is possible that in 2012 there will be a serious crash, it which case you would be kicking yourself if you had no cash to pour into silver. However, the only ones doing this will be those well grounded in the fundamentals. The uneducated flock will flee for the hills, frightened for their lives.

But seriously, this is no way to determine whether or not to buy more silver; viz. by asking posters on this forum. (With the exception of certain numisimatics.) Learn about the territory and be your own guide.

14. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There was some wonderful advice I heard the other day;

If you can't decide, flip a coin. You'll know if you want it to be heads or tails as it falls to the ground.

Some other good advice is from Black_Sun above.

15. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

"The uneducated flock will flee for the hills, frightened for their lives".

Frightened for their lives of who? Once the uneducated flock is in the hills, that leaves those well grounded in in the fundamentals, Hoarding and trying to buy more silver.
    If I was one of the uneducated, I certainly wouldn't be in fear of my life, I'd be coming down the hill and taking what I wanted from those well grounded in the fundamentals of silver, using my knowledge of how, fundamentally, a double barrel 12g can make the most well grounded sh*t their pants.

The Hills is the place to be.

16. DanDee

Beverly Hills..... swimmin' pools.... movie stars....

17. BlackSheep

BlackSheep Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Good one Mr Clampett :lol:

18. HoskinsStreet

HoskinsStreet New Member

You have framed these things in statements not questions, so I will do my best. I'm not going to look anything up, just off the top of my head.

1] no idea

2] from my reading into it, similar to gold and oil. So regardless of what the price of silver is in fiat, it is worth comparing the current price in barrels of oil since I bought in.

3] something to do with x ray machines from what I have read. Stating a second would be pure speculation.

4] Ipods, computer parts, mobile phones, nuclear warheads.

5] This was the poorest in phrasing. I take it you mean how rising commodity prices are outstripping inflation, therefore driving up the cost of living. Thus the real value of money is dropping. Eventually the market manipulation holding silver down in fiat value can be sustained when you consider how little in commodities money can get you?

19. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'd say you would be human if you are nervous about Silver and thats a perfectly natural response.
    All your research will inevitably come to the conclusion that the Silver price right now should be higher.but its not~Therein lies the conundrum and your justifiable trepidation.
    Therein also lies the counter argument to all the confident points made in favour of Buying Silver
    There is also Silver available on the forum at exceptional prices that is not being purchased or either moving extremely slowly.
    Take your time to digest it all.

REDBACK OUT

20. DanDee

That WAS the poorest in phrasing! Poorness in phrasing implies a lack of sufficient education in the fundamentals of phrasing. If you were asked right now on the spot if [1] In what circumstances does a noun phrase not function as a noun in a sentence? [2] true or false- an absolute phrase usually contains a noun or pronoun and a present or past participle, and it modifies the entire sentence that it is in. [3]Does a verbal phrase contain a verb part that functions not as a verb, but rather as a noun or an adjective? [4] What type of phrase looks like a verbal phrase with a present participle but functions as a noun? [5] does a verbal present participial phrase functions as a modifier?

When the shikaka hits the fan, the uneducated, grammar poor will flee for their lives to the hills.

The way I look at it, the price I paid for silver goes down (on average) with every cheaper purchase I make. If I had a half kilo that I paid $500 for, I would wait for a chance to buy another half at 400 and then I would feel less nervous, having paid $450 for each half (for example) so the more you buy at cheaper prices the lower your average cost. see? nothing to get nervous about, the more it goes down (like lots of buyers are waiting for) and you buy, the less your average cost for you stack. The more it goes up, the greater the value of your stack!