Buzz

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by hem9, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

A general consensus or even an admin definition in the "trade guidelines" would prevent a lot of future misunderstandings.

2. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My pms are my business and the person I pm with. That and admin if there's an issue they can be bothered with

Yeah sure

3. hem9

Of course, easy to accuse a person of provokation without any evidence to back off on a deal. But it is also easy to see who is more believable. The one wanting to be transparent or the one that is not.

Glad you agree with me.

4. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

So what do we write now? Buzz but I'm only thinking about it or Buzz but I'm drinking. Surely its not that hard.
    Do we not take peoples Buzz seriously and continue selling something till the money is in our account?

If I had any questions a pm would be sent and I would be hoping I am quick enough for the buy, probably praying someone didn't Buzz in before my answer was received.

To me a Buzz is I agree on your product and your terms. To back out after a Buzz would be like winning an auction and not paying.

5. Scyb

Scyb Member Silver Stacker

The flip side of the coin is -

Does the dealer have to sell it to the person who buzzed first? Couldn't they just just say someone else pm'ed me earlier then the person who buzzed?

6. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

edit: I never put 2 posts together, what was I thinking

7. anonmiss

anonmiss Active Member Silver Stacker

I disagree with your statment that the selle has lost nothing, often I have seen a thread buzzed and even when I log back in and see new posts on the thread I do not revisit as I know its sold. Therefor if there is a buzz and then a buyer backs out the seller most definatley looses the abiltiy to sell to another interested party, then the thread hangs round the seller has to waste more of their time bumping the tread or create a new thread thus wasting a limited resourse. (that resaoures being the number of threads one can create. )
    A buzz is like being in an auction room and raising the paddle, you don't get out of that room unless there is something that should have been disclosed regarding the item, and failur to disclose the information leads to the buyer being mislead IMHO.
    ANd if you want to ask a question the post PM'd on the thread. The time stamp is an indicator to the seller who showed interest first. If the PM is met with a positive response then I belive the first post be it a PM or Buzz is the offer to buy.

8. finicky

I actually agree with that, But in this instance I'm definitely digging in. This was a malicious act to bring it into the public area - as he's said, "as it does not bother me, as I said "ok"", referring to the sale of the item. Damage has been done to me not him (that'll have him rubbing his hands). He lost nothing by my withdrawal.

Also how keen could he have been? I waited 19 hours after the buzz before giving in and contacting him. He did not contact me first. The whole interchange was aloof and curt to the point of offence.

9. hem9

Then show the pms to prove your side. simple and easy way to prove your point.

10. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Buzz = I agree to your price and your terms of sale.

Buzz*
    * subject to provision of photos, alternate payment methods, alternate shipping arrangements, negotiation on price, etc. = Not a buzz. Sort that stuff out in the thread or via PM.

Nothing wrong with expressing interest in an item and asking for more details, even saying "I'll take it if..." but a buzz is equivalent to eBay's Buy It Now: you accept the offer as it is presented.

11. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

19 hours ? :rolleyes: i would have been pissed too . If your online to buzz it takes 2 extra minutes to seal the deal by pm . ....job done . I think if your a seller & you post something for sale up to 24 hours is acceptable to reply because of other commitments etc but buzzing & not following through immediately is not really conducive to a smooth transaction imo.

12. hem9

In normal circumstances i agree, but when your in a city which is going to be hit by a massive storm , and i spent the day readying for said storm i think a little understanding is in order.

I would understand if this was his concern and i would have apologised but if you see the pms there is absolutely no mention of said reason.

13. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Guys, enough thanks. It's deteriorating into a slinging match that isn't resolving the trade.

14. hem9

Sorry gp but i genuinely only wanted to clear the definition of a buzz for all to resolve any future misunderstandings. about the trade it was already resolved as another buyer purchased it.

15. finicky

finicky:
    2013-01-22
    Hi hem9,
    I get $1552 + plat post for the group?

hem9:
    sure mate, express platinum would be 19 as it is over 500g.
    My account is:
    NAB
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Please place your user name as reference.

finicky:
    At last, a NAB account.
    Done
    Bank acknowledgement details
    Confirmation number: J8913760124
    Created: 22/01/13
    Your transfer details
    From account: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Mailing address xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    RGds
    finicky

hem9:
    I was hoping you would have another bank account as I am in the Sunshine Coast and will be back on Thursday. I was thinking transfers usually take 2days anyway so I was not too worried. Sorry for my assumption. If I cannot get your item out by thurs, I will give you a discount for shipping as my way of apologizing.

finicky:
    No fuss at all. I don't care when it comes as long as it's under a week. Please pm tracking though when you get around to posting
    RGds
    finicky

hem9:
    I will, I should have done this last week then I would just hand deliver it to you. I am hoping to get back to bris by thurs and I will try to send it as soon as possible.

finicky:
    No rush - really. Chill out, lol

hem9:
    Thanks mate just wanted to convey to you that your purchase and the time it takes for you to receive your item is important to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday 11:57:10
    19 hours after I buzzed the coin

finicky:
    Hi,
    Thought I'd see if the pm system is working now.
    The tracking number you sent - I have it as 2697xxxxxxxx - is informing me on auspost.com.au/track/ that "Status: No events currently found". Are you seeing anything different?
    About the 1989 1/2oz Platinum proof koala on separate sales thread - I am ready to start a transfer but have been waiting on confirmation and a postage charge. If its a go and you plan more sales in the next week then hang onto the item and I might see something else to bid on tp make the postage worthwhile.
    Rgds
    finicky

hem9:
    Tracking number 2607xxxxxxxx all good now.
    If you let me know what you are looking for then maybe I can let you know what I want to move.

finicky:
    2607xxxxxxxx - that's appearing ok
    I thought that was a pretty straight suggestion from me. I said if you are planning more sales hang on to the new item for a week. If not I can transfer today. What is wrong with a simple question like that? Perhaps the PM system being down has frayed patience. My outlook express also not downloading since 25th, I only got your message looking through gmail back-up. Have I been impolite or short with you at some time? Is the 1/2 koala a go? If so, postage?
    RGds
    finicky

hem9:
    Ok. Shipping is 7 ordinary post or 10.50 reg post or 15 express post platinum.

finicky:
    Ok pal, I've had it with the terse style. Buzz withdrawn. Hooaroo

hem9:
    Ok

16. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

My suggestion is that we have cbuzz.
    Cbuzz = condition buzz jus like pm to check on item first.
    buzz = remain as it is.
    Kis = keep it simple
    Have a try runs until most familiar with it.
    We keep things simple in the forum.
    Less unnessary commenting against each other, the sooner we resolve this, it will benefit
    Everyone interest.

17. hem9

At least.people can judge if my "terse style" is offensive or sustained provokation.

18. Chillidog

Chillidog New Member Silver Stacker

Yep nice to me and I still got the coin. Mmmmm
    Perfect. :)

19. Au-mageddon

Au-mageddon Active Member

Well finicky I think you just fkd yourself there lad, as I doesnt appear anything hem said was inflammatory - and it just shows that you are living up to your user name by publishing these PM comments, when clearly this issue is well and truly done and dusted :rolleyes:

I have dealt with several others here that were far more terse and far less communicative, but it seemed to me hem was rather accomodating of your requests.

In fact, I was feeling a bit hesitant in dealing with hem after seeing this thread created (as it seemed like a little bit of sour grapes at first), but after seeing these PM's of your communications I would have no issue dealing with him at all in future - so thanks for clearing that up for me :)

20. finicky

oh goodie :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.