Buying silver coins in USA bringing to uk.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Mirage662, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Mirage662

Mirage662 New Member

Hi.. I’m in the US later this year and wondered whether a handful of choice silver coins would be ok to br8ng back into the uk, and does it come in the bracket of gift allowance of £390.. will I be ok.. never done it before.

2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Good question, I brought a coin collection from UK to Oz and as it was a collection they didn't care how much it was worth.

If the coins are all in fancy packaging they might be interested but if the coins are just in 2x2s they might not even care about them if they are not being brought in to resell.

I would certainly pick up some 90% silver coins if you can get them cheap. As legal tender you should be able to bring them in as circulating coinage without raising too many eyebrows, unless you turn up with 2kg of quarters in your wallet, that might be suspicious.

In Australia we can just email the customs team and usually get a pretty decent response. Apparently you can bring in Monster Munch if the packet is sealed, good to know.

3. Mirage662

Mirage662 New Member

Thanks Jislizard.. I have emailed them... I’m after some 1 ounce coins, I’m not trying to buy too many, probably 10 or 15.. just nice select ones, then just have them in my wallet.