Buying Bullion in Perth

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by octapotamus, Oct 10, 2011.

1. octapotamus

octapotamus Member Silver Stacker

Just a few questionays:

Perth Mint buys other bullion (maples, Pamp etc) so what do they do with it? Can one ask if they have any non-PM stuff on hand for sale, and has anyone scored this way? If not, do they have a reseller in Perth that they pass things on to?

Are there alternative shop-front bullion/coin sellers here in Perth? I know Bullion Bourse has a pick up option, which is a good alternative but they're a bit far out to just casually pop in, and I'm not sure they have a "store-front" type set up.. There's Australian Coin & Bullion Exchange in Kelmscott, again a bit out of the way, do they have a retail store, and does anybody have experience with them?

Here is a picture of my baby stack from a few months ago, to make reading my potentially lazy questions a little less annoying. It has been added to by a few pandas, sunset roos, wildlife in need panda, some dragons and some interesting sterling Mexican jewellery (my latest interest stream), but I haven't taken new pics in a while..

cheers y'all!

[​IMG]
    Source:

2. da-shaz

da-shaz New Member

The mint melt every single thing they receive that isnt theirs. The staff cant even buy it before it hits the melting pot.

I dont think there are any other bullion shops in Perth, just numi dealers I think.

3. octapotamus

yeah right, bummer. thanks for the info.

4. Dandan

Dandan New Member

thats one damn shiny 10oz bar.... and im not talkin about the scottdales.

Score! New shaving mirror?

Dan :)

5. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

I just recently bought my father the itty bitty little Kangaroo at sunset from the RAM, when the missus and I visited for floriade. It was for his combined bday and xmas present. It has a pretty low mintage (5000).. so I thought maybe some numi potential and my gf said she really liked the design. Not sure whether it will go numi-plosion or not, but thought it looked nice. :)

6. octapotamus

it sure is :D got it from BullionClub, with the Omnias. I was pretty happy when it peeked out of the bubble-wrap, I've seen plenty of pretty grim looking ones around here. The tiny RAM Roo was an impulse buy down at PM. I had just placed an order for a kg bar, and I just couldn't leave empty handed.. one of the best Australian coin designs I've seen. I have some 1ozers too now, the 2011 ones (one of which had a milk-spot, received its replacement today :)). I don't care if I have to wait a few years for them to mature, (STEEP premium) I'm pretty sure they will and in the mean-time, they sure are nice to look at.