Buyer Beware: "100 Mills" Silver Bullion Bars

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Silver is Money, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Silver is Money

Silver is Money Member Silver Stacker

Hi all,

I did a search on the board and couldn't find any reference to this, but if it's already been posted I do apologise...

I occassionally follow silver bullion items on ebay to see what price they are selling for (just for my own info) and I noticed that someone has listed 10 oz bars of 100 mills 999 silver as silver bullion and are listed at a buy now price of $270.00 each. The same seller also has a number of individual auction listings for these items and unfortunately someone has already placed a bid of $199.00 for one of these bars.

***Be Warned: These ARE NOT silver bullion bars. They are copper bars that have been thinly plated with 999 silver *** :mad:

Nowhere in the description does it mention that the bars are actully silver plated copper and as a result this is misleading and possibly fraudulent. I have contacted eBay about this, so hopefully they will address this and allow the bidder to remove his bid without any penalty.

Here is a link that fully explains what these bars really are: http://www.targetrichenvironment.net/?p=2796

When buying from eBay always do your own research. It is highly recommended you buy from a reputable source, such as a well known silver bullion dealer.

Cheers,
    SIM

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

3. Guest

Guest Guest

4. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

I just did a search on 100 mills and got several results :/

5. Silver is Money

Silver is Money Member Silver Stacker

Thanks guys. It's disappointing that eBay continues to allowing this stuff to be listed in a misleading way, even though they been told previously that it's a scam. With all the systems and security they have in place, wouldn't you think they would be continually scanning for this cr*p :mad:

Cheers,
    SIM

6. Smoothcriminal

Smoothcriminal New Member Silver Stacker

Then they don't get their fees......no fees make evilbay angry evilbay smash!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Hmmm...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yet...

[​IMG]

Either I've done something wrong... or something is borked?