Bulliovault

Discussion in 'Silver' started by mistamillions, Jan 25, 2011.

1. mistamillions

mistamillions New Member

Wondering if anybody here uses bullionvault?

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

I played with the free gram they offer for a month a couple of years ago - then just started buying physical.

3. goldpelican

Agreed - they have a good reputation. I would personally pick one of Perth Mint's services though - for now I can deal with speaking to someone on the telephone.

4. mistamillions

mistamillions New Member

Just curious, as i have been watching the bullionvault market board for a while, and have noticed that before a big price move there are big orders being placed which seem to give a good indication of the next big move. It has happened many times... and always seems to appear within hours of a major move either up or down.. It is like watching smart money make a move before everybody else.

I traded bullionvault for a few years before buying physical and was wondering if anybody else noticed this anomaly.

5. goldpelican

Good find!

No doubt people are using it as a trading platform.

6. bron suchecki

bron suchecki Active Member Silver Stacker

How do you find their bid/ask spreads? Is it tight and are there reasonable volumes offered?

7. mistamillions

mistamillions New Member

Best thing to do is read their help section which has all the info..

http://www.bullionvault.com/help/index.do

I used to trade using bullionvault, back when it was relatively new and found it very useful, especially if you can get your commission down, i ended up paying only .02% on my trades, took a while to get to that point but i was on it all the time, i had a great system which worked a treat, unfortunately as bullionvault got bigger more bots appeared and they stuffed my system up, so as i was moving back to australia from the UK i closed my account and bought physical.

I would recommend bullionvault,BUT as they say you don't own it unless you hold it, and as many may be aware Our dear old friend lord rothschild now owns a stake in bullionvault, this can't be good!

8. Gold Kiwi

Gold Kiwi New Member Silver Stacker

I did the research and decided that goldmoney.com was a better bet for many reasons. I recommend you do your own comparison rather than take my word for it.

The majority of my PMs are physical that I can touch, the rest is physical stored with GoldMoney. My reasons for using GoldMoney in addition to physical that I can touch is it means not all of my PMs are stored in one physical location (risk of losing it all from theft), political risk (extremely unlikely to ever be an issue in NZ, but now I have some stored in Hong Kong as well) and I can easily liquidate some PMs at spot price with a mouse click if I need the cash.

9. mistamillions

mistamillions New Member

I agree with you on that, I trust James turk (goldmoney) over lord rothschild anyday, goldmoney is a fantastic service.