Bullets as a stacking item?

Discussion in 'Other Investments' started by Cain, Jun 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cain

Cain New Member

So, I was wondering, wouldn't bullets be a good thing to stock? I mean, as long as their taken care of, they last, and their useful because if the economy plummets (I really hope not) then their is a good purpose for them. I just bought a 15$ box of 4-10 [Smaller shotgun, but if someone gets in your house, a shotgun is a shotgun, they work] concerned defense rounds, and they rock. I shot 1, and have 9 left, and plan to stock up on a few more boxes, then get probably 2-3 hundred round boxes of 4-10 shotgun shells, then move on the bigger and better things [12 guage, .357, and hopefully when I turn 21, a LOT of .45's].

So, does anyone else stock up? Also, if your wondering what is the easiest stock up on, it's either b-b's [that's a joke, if you don't get it, uh, pm me] or .22's [small small, but hey, you have a semi-automatic rifle that holds 30 rounds, who cares..]

Also, here is the gun I plan to buy the day I turn 21 [can't drink, love guns lol]: http://www.americantactical.us/942/detail.html, and then this for if the world REALLY goes down hill: http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/rifles/su-16c-2/ [can fold into a backpack, which is a big plus].

Anyways, who else?

2. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

[​IMG]
    5.56 NATO or .223 rem is the only thing i'd stack... maybe .22LR

3. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

Aah Cain - as a new member you may not be aware, but guns and related items are not not to be spoken about on SS (in short - NO gun chatter). Long standing policy. Those from USA often find this hard to understand, but that's the way it is on this Aus-based forum

4. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+1 to what XB said.

But, yes, you are correct. I spent a few years in Africa, and in a lot of the places where the SHTF, many places do accept bullets as a form of monetary exchange.

In one of the UN meetings, jokes were passed around at their efforts to disarm the population precisely because of the monetary (and physical) security that bullet rounds provide.

In places where the SHTF, gold and silver don't count as much as necessities do (food, medicines, bullets, - and unfortunately alcohol, cigarettes, etc).

5. Cain

Cain New Member

Oh sorry about that. Have to admit, really strange to me, but others have different habits.

6. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Different cultures, different stacks.

This thread will probably get canned (or at least locked), but its certainly worth being aware of what other people's needs and requirements are likely to be. Where you live you're probably more likely to have a greater use for guns and ammo than we would Down Under.

7. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Anyone asking similar questions from Australia (about 75% of the forum membership) is likely to get a visit from local police asking such questions - and it would require them coming to the administrators first with a "give us a database dump so we can track this person down" request first. It's happened on at least one other Australian forum I'm aware of.

Given the personal security and privacy issues surrounding bullion ownership, such topics are discouraged to prevent all members having their privacy violated because of the posts of a few. Not an anti-gun stance, it's a privacy protection stance.

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.