Build your own PMs

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Topherclaus, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Topherclaus

Topherclaus Active Member

My girlfriend is not really someone who wants the standard showy/elaborate things in life and that has got me to thinking how I can make my proposal that bit more quirky and adventurous. My plan (no time soon, just brainstorming) is to purchase all the separate parts of the ring and propose with the physical metals, and maybe a gem, with a view to design the ring together and have a jeweller construct our vision.

Has anybody ever done something similar to this? Would you do it? Would I need to track down a particular type of jeweller to make it? Is it particularly difficult to convert the raw metals into alloys for jewellery?

Patent pending on this idea too fellas ;) Don't popularise this before I get a chance to do it myself.

2. StewyD32

StewyD32 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I proposed to my now misses with a good quality loose diamond. She went window shopping and picked the ring she wanted so I googled the ring and took it to a jeweller who did CAD designs which were the exact same as what she wanted down to a t.

I also designed my wedding band and hers too.

Any jeweler worth his salt and has good software will be able to replicate the ring even if it's a google image.
    Some jewelers will work with their own metal and do not want the trouble if the customers metals, but most are flexible.