btcmarkets.net ??

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by capt.sparrow, Nov 19, 2013.

1. STC

STC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sparrow, you are epic btc chatter box lol!
    I transfer ltc from BTC-e to my wallet, no probs

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

The requirement to go through ID verification before the first withdrawal is at the top of their withdraw page. ..

3. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

mate- BTC-e is not the problem ...

BTCMarkets.net is!!!

4. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

The second link on their page, 'How It Works'
    https://btcmarkets.net/howitworks

Specifically states I.D requirements:

5. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

lol - yeh pity they failed to mention it's a full 100 point ID verification they were after!??

What is this anyway, applying to join the Secret Service???

6. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

Like i said - pity they omitted to say they require a full 100 points - the strictest requirements possible.

Beside, i've asked many times on this blog whether i could withdraw crypto out of an account there without ID verification and not one of you had the balls to tell me NO you cannot.

All i heard was ID was only required for fiat withdrawals...

not impressed at all!!

7. RetardedMonkey

Look, I'm getting pissed off with your shitty attitude towards forum members who are just trying to help you with your insane amount of questions that could be answered by a simple Google search.

Maybe you should do your OWN research before using your OWN money to mess around in something you don't obviously understand in much depth.

The 'strictest requirements' as you so delicately put it, are there to stop money laundering and fraudulent activity - they protect the business and its interests against Australian law.

8. Nedsnotdead

Nedsnotdead Active Member Silver Stacker

9. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

Really?? Well why don't you show how clever you are and show me a "google search" which would have uncovered what i asked forum members here to share.
    I still maintain that the ID requirements are plainly OBFUSTICATED, because if they came straight out and categorically stated:
    1. We are the only site in the world which require ID verification to draw out bitcoins purchased
    2. Not only do we require reasonable ID verification but we in fact require a full 100 point ID verification!

Guess what - they are not upfront about it because it would cost them a lot of business... many people share my unwillingness to give out so much personal information. I certainly would not have transferred so much money to these sods if i had known its now pretty much "captive" until I can one day satisfy their insane level of nosiness.

What an absolute load of bullshitt!! You mean to tell me that every other company operating around Australia (and the rest of the world) are somehow not protecting themselves adequately?
    I think perhaps they just don't have the nerve and the gall that these guys do ... married to the bluddy government

10. beeteecee

beeteecee New Member Silver Stacker

A bank is protecting itself adequately when it asks you to identify yourself.
    Paypal is protecting itself adequately when it asks you to identify yourself.

Can you guess some other companies that might be adequately protecting themselves?

11. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

So none of you think it's even a little strange that this is the only bitcoin exchange that is demanding 100 point ID in order to withdraw bitcoins (not fiat)????!!!
    Especially since they ARE NOT AT ALL UPFRONT ABOUT THIS FACT...

What are you all ? A bunch of compliant, complacent sheep??

:lol:

Shame, no wonder this country is the leading police state :lol: no resistance from the compliant sheep - here big brother - come and rape me - and here - take my sister too!!!

:lol:

12. RetardedMonkey

Mt. Gox require the exact same identification, what's your point?

13. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

to withdraw fiat or also to withdraw bitcoin??

14. beeteecee

beeteecee New Member Silver Stacker

It's because you bought the btc with fiat, dude. They're trying to stop fraudulent behaviour. If you had hacked someone's computer and bought a bunch of cryptocurrency and shipped it to who knows where straight away, that would be classed as fraudulent behavior.

Thus, they have this restriction that you have butted your head up against, to stop fraudulent behaviour.

15. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Mate, at the end of the day, either you want in or you don't!
    I can understand some of the frustation but it is your responsibility to DYODD before investing! Forum members here are only trying to help, so no point getting all upset! If you are not happy with them, go back and complain to them, but reading it here over and over again is starting to get irritating and won't change a thing!

It seems coinjar does not have this requirement when depositing cash. Maybe give that a shot.
    Or look at local bitcoins.

Again, DYODD.

16. matt71

matt71 Member

I found them to be very helpful..maybe you just need to chill a bit

one thing that isn't so good is the spread..but I guess once the crypto thing h its mainstream things will pick up..I have spoken to a few people just to get a feel of how many people are aware of them and there aint too many I've met so far!

17. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

Anybody know what's the go with withdrawing crypto from btcmarkets.net??

I tried to transfer my btc's out earlier today and it's sitting in "pending funds" for 3 hours already instead of having been sent to the destination address which i had entered...

This is pretty pathetic!!

What does one have to do to withdraw the btc's one has paid (dearly) for out of this exchange??????

18. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Haven't had problems - I believe they manually process withdrawals (i.e. All client coins aren't in a hot wallet subject to fraud risk).

I've had good support from them, and have had no problems a) funding purchases b) doing KYC c) transacting or d) withdrawing coins.

Withdrawing from exchanges will always take longer than a wallet to wallet transfer if they are doing their job properly - your exchange holdings are not all online in a hot wallet, otherwise if they are hacked it can all just be drained away. You *want* an exchange to have a manual step from an administrator to withdraw to prevent fraud.

19. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

+ 1
    Point taken.

However,
    1. Did a similar withdrawal out of BTC-e earlier this evening and the withdrawal was complete with a couple of minutes - coins in me wallet!! ;)
    So are you saying that is a bad thing?

2. I actually wanted to move those BTC's out to an overseas exchange in order to swap out for litecoins...
    Had the withdrawal gone as quickly as i had hoped - i would have gotten a fair few more ltc's for my btc's... the prices of ltc's have shot up after and now i've basically lost out due to the delay in processing.

just sayin' ;)

20. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

Withdrawing coins from BTC-e is like a wet dream compared to BTCMarkets which takes hours and hours and hours to process!!

In the meantime i'm losing money because of the bluddy delay!!