Brisbane meetup??

Discussion in 'Meetings & Events' started by karltr, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Bigone

Bigone New Member

It was good to meet everyone at the Brisbane meet too!

Hope to learn more and more.
    Still looking for good buys with low premium - Ainslie still seemed expensive. Is paying $3-4 over spot for silver a lot?
    They they sell $2 or so below - it's a 14% spread buy/sell.

Yes the coffee was not the best - that's why I order a latte before the short black and expensive - about 1/6oz Silver (how come I have started to think of everything in terms of a single qanta (unit) of Silver).
    Melb coffee is so much better on the whole.

2. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

No.

3. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Actually, it's an agreement all coffee shops in Qld have with the residents of every town and suburb. It's done on purpose to discourage Victorians from coming here.

4. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Mate as a marketing campaign its defiantly working ;)
    Wasn't Brisbanes 'Beautiful one day perfect the next' add about the weather.Man what a crook
    Now i know why the kids in Melbourne on the Merry go rounds sing 'Rain Rain go away,Stay in Brisbane another day' :lol:

And Water and food don't know who the hell you are but you just stick your head back in that hole and let me know when i can light the fuse :p

REDBACK

5. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

Melbourne has the best coffee - even the mobile street carts found on some train stations beat the best in Brisbane. Brisbane is overpriced for a watered down cuppa - if only you get what you paid for. :(

Better food in Melbourne too (excluding Thai and Chinese).

6. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Haha! Like your Spoonerish 'DEFIANTLY working' typo RB lol!

Yes, that's right - Thankyou for the trade btw - cant leave u feedback or Swedish blonde 4 some reason...

Anyhow - didn't you ever hear that Police track that goes 'wet bus stop, he's waiting, my car is warm & dry'?!?!

By the time u get bk to Melboring it'll be a barren 50degC desert wasteland lol!

I told u to bring a kayak

:D

7. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You know logically i put Melbourne's excellent coffee strictly down to the cold weather in Winter and Autumn.Those two seasons present us with more of an opportunity to drink and enjoy the Godly bean juice.Far more competition for Barista's to.

Now when it comes to Fresh fruit and Seafood Brisbane definitely kicks butt hands down-Credit where credits due.
    Its an absolute pleasure walking into QLD fruit stores and not having my pants pulled down to my ankles for sub standard Fruit thats been ripened in the coolrooms and tastes like cardboard.
    The sugar content in QLD fruit peels my face back like i'm travelling at Mach 4,i would have to say being a Vegetarian up here would be an easy transition when the time comes for change.

5 years ago Noosa's food was pretty average by Melbourne standards, bar a few exceptions scattered around -Today i have to say its smoking!
    Regards to pricing yeah when i compare the average price I'm paying for a cuppa is around the $4+ mark in QLD-Down south its settled around $3-20-$3-60 but a lot of the coffee is very high quality at that price.

Enjoying your beautiful state,gonna catch some waves tomorrow bright and early-Your Surf beaches are priceless we have ones just as nice but when you jump in the water it feels like your balls have been dipped in liquid nitrogen!!!Then you spend the next 2 hours finding what should be there if you have to pee.
    Not used to this Surf beach gig without a wet suit.and loving it!!
    Cheers
    REDBACK

8. Bigone

Bigone New Member

Definiately competition is greater down in Melb, I had great meals priced from $14 to $140 when I last visited - and each coffee great awesome at 50c-$1 less than here. - Have to beanhunter.com it and see what's around.

Come back For the Noosa food & wine festival.

http://www.noosafoodandwine.com.au/
    I'll make it up there with some like minded stackers!