Brexit The Movie

Discussion in 'YouTube Digest' started by aleks, May 14, 2016.

1. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Very good. I've thought for a while that Britain should exit, perhaps they will.

3. JulieW

from sovereignman.com

I thought this issue, and the excellent film, might inspire a bit more comment folks.

4. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Britan should exit the EU imo. Why leave their future in the hands of the suicidal EU dictatorship from Brussels. Look what they allowed to be done to their EU nations with these millions of non-assimilated Muslims that bring nothing but trouble and rape welfare money.

5. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Whether they are in Brussels or London, it doesn't change the nature of those who lord over the people.

6. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I watched this today, co-incidentally before you resurrected the thread :)

It was good, though I thought it could be better. A lot of talking head one-liners. Maybe from people Brits would know, but it seemed to rely a lot more on opinions rather than just focusing on facts (though there were some good facts put forward). Also, some of the examples and analogies were a bit poor. The umbrella guys were cringe-worthy.

But it got the message across. For me I'd be voting out just on the basis of the EU becoming undemocratic, bureaucratic and over-regulatory.

What I do find very interesting is that (outside this movie) it seems like the far left and the far right actually agree on Brexit. I think this is an example of the old left - right paradigm of class warfare being broken down. This is going to be a vote of establishment authoritarianism vs democracy and freedom.

7. JulieW

I think the interesting angle is whether the PTB will allow the 'Exit' case to win. They quelled the Scotland exit.

8. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

How would they stop it?

They've already called the referendum. Aside from rigging the poll, do you think they'd be capable of denying Brexit if the people vote for it. That would be a dangerous game....

I've looked up the betting markets and as of this moment, Brexit is considered only about 21-22% chance of happenning. Market expects a voter turnout of about 60-65% with an estimate of around 55% voting to remain. (Markets on this are surprisingly liquid!)

There is an old saying in politics that you never call for a vote unless you already know what the outcome will be. I wonder if they have called this now because they are confident they can win it now and then they'll be able to put the issue to bed for good.....whereas if they wait much longer it will get worse and holding a referendum later is even riskier?

Kind of rhymes with my thoughts on the Liberals forcing a DD....they can still win right now, but if the economy all goes to hell in the next few months like its threatening to do (deflation etc) then who knows?

Ok...I'll put my tinfoil hat away for now. Just a couple of things to mull over. :p

9. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

This film could actually tip the balance well in favour of an exit.

10. JulieW

If enough see it and if they count properly and if they don't pull a terror scare the night before.

11. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

It is brilliantly made to do just that, if enough people see it.

12. JulieW

Another viewpoint:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FenUkCVKs0E[/youtube]

13. JulieW

and Nigel Farage in full flight:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbXdDJ3phu0[/youtube]

14. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

Ft poll of polls to the 19th of May

https://ig.ft.com/sites/brexit-polling/

Cameron is coming out with more outlandish claims everyday re Brexit including WW3.I just hope people of the UK see through this c--p & vote leave, I think it will be extremely close as a high proportion of over 50's will actually bother to vote & most of them are firmly in the Brexit camp.

15. JulieW

Looks like Brexit has received a shot in the arm with this piece in the Mirror. This will be a gathering storm over the next month.

16. fishtaco

This will not be tolerated by the vast majority of the British population and if true and if publicised as such Britain has already left the EU! :)

All British people are born with one thing in common a "national insurance number" and they will never surrender this to privatisation because its long been the world leader in NHS for "all"

17. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

Even though if you look deeply into things it is a no brainer for the UK to leave the EU.
    I still think it will be very close as the scare mongering by Cameron & the remain camp is reaching the average punter on the street who is only concerned that their holiday in Spain will cost more( as according to Cameron the will fall by 15% against the euro LOL) or they believe their house price will fall, again according to Cameron.

Funny before this referendum industry & the government were complaining about the strong pound & ridiculous house prices, pricing ordinary workers & youngsters out of the market, now it is yet another U turn by Cameron & Co.
    I'm praying we get out of this corrupt s--t fest.

18. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

The TPP is a done deal here in Australia...The Australian people are asleep..When they awake it will be too late.

Regards Errol 43

19. fishtaco

People are blinded by purposely introduced distractions and many wont bother voting or even care what their vote may stand for!

I used to moan about young kids and their constant gaming and social media that was numbing them from reality and then I lost my internet for 24 hours and I spent 23 hours 59 mins franticly and frustratingly trying to make sense of a telco,s call centre staffs accents and useless explanation attempts! This led me to realise just how far down the rabbit hole I have fell along with the youth I keep complain about! :)

20. JulieW