Bling for the gents

Discussion in 'Jewellery & Gems' started by spannermonkey, Jan 20, 2014.

1. PhilDaSilva

PhilDaSilva New Member

I would go for Stainless or better yet Pt/Rh/Pd if you can find any industrial scrap to melt, only reason I say this is that its the first place to corrode as the blades themselves rust very quickly when you leave them around unused and still wet which you are bound to do sooner or later.

I have a plastic one and it gives a darn fine shave smooth as can be which is more than I can say for these new fangled quadruple bladed laser guided thingies that pass as razors these days! The loose blades are much cheaper too IF you can find them!

E2A: Nice little Lathe Btw, people forget Analogue systems can be just as accurate as digital when it comes to measurements if you use em right, they still use a lot of old lathes in the UK industry as they are cheap and easy to maintain. Some of em are close to a century old an still going strong!

2. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I was planning on only making the handle & use the top but where the blade sits
    On hold due to lack of funds :(
    BUT
    I have access to a 3D laser printer that prints in gold & silver , machine is based in Hong Kong