Bix Weir / sgt

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverSale, Feb 20, 2011.

1. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. SilverSale

Part 3 mentions Perth Mint.

Bix says Perth Mint have just announced they are not making any more silver coins because they don't have any silver left.

Would anyone like to confirm, deny... or provide the actual statement?

Listen from 10:20 for Perth Mint info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBF8frSUXUA

3. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

Thank you, Silversale. Bix Weir one of my fav's. Maggie.

4. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bix Weir is talking out of his *cough*.

Again.

5. SilverSale

Hmmm.. possible.

Was aware of that (even bought some 10oz 2011 kook's).

The fact he said 'just announced' made me think there was something more recent - in the last few days/weeks.

6. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Bix is on drugs if he thinks the Perth Mint have (a) stopped making silver coins, and (b) are out of silver.

I love his Road to Roota theory (makes for a great read), but he has gone too far with this Perth Mint thing.

7. silverfunk

silverfunk Active Member

bix is definately a good read and listen but hes seriously gotta lay off the good stuff

8. bron suchecki

bron suchecki Active Member Silver Stacker

I had a to and fro email conversation with him about the Mint and kept on countering his beliefs about us and then he just stopped replying when I hit him with http://www.scribd.com/doc/47066031/...-Aug-1997-Reserve-Bank-of-Australia-Gold-Sale as proof that the Mint is not in the know about central bank actions and we are just a regional Mint getting on with making physical.

IMO he is not really after the truth. I didn't expect him to agree with me, but you'd think he would want to grill me as much as possible. I will blog on my exchange with him at some point when I get the time.

9. millededge

millededge Active Member

Soon to be known as Weetbix weird

10. Aengrod

Aengrod Member

Well hes right about future of mines, imo. Very similar thing was said by ANOTHER, a good while ago.

[edit]: ANOTHER was saying about gold mines, but i think silver could be put there as well.

11. donpaulo

donpaulo New Member

they lost me on the oil comment

like its dinosaurs or nothing ?

complete pablum

12. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

I think what they were alluding to, was that a fossil fuel such as oil may not actually be made of fossils (e.g. dead dinosaurs) ... the earth is constantly generating new oil.

Not saying I agree with this, just saying this is what they were talking about.

13. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

Yep, but it's also irrelevant. Even if oil is formed from non-organic substances down in the earth's mantle somewhere it doesn't mean that peak oil doesn't exist unless it's being generated MUCH faster than even the serious proponents of the abiotic oil theory speculate.

14. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Yes i had a discussion about peak oil with someone who said, 'don't worry oil is abiotic'. Which i don't totally discredit but rate of oil production of abiotic oil has to be massive to make a difference. And massive rate of increase would be very easy to see. So abiotic or biotic we are in the poo

15. Sticks

Sticks New Member

The Rrussians came up with the theory of Abiotic oil in the 1950's, and there was a lot of evidence that they may have been right. In USA a lot of Mom and Pop Strip pumping operations make their living buying up old lease's of depleted oil wells, There are many cases where wells that were pumped dry 50-60 yrs ago when re-entered it was found that the resiviors had filled up again. Lots argued that the oil had seeped through horizontally from adjacent undiscovered wells, but drilling all round these sites to find these undiscovered wells found nothing..
    I was roughnecking on Offshore drilling Rigs in the 70's, even then I think the oil companys knew the truth, as often we would drill until we struck Country Rock (Bedrock - and there were no sedimentary layers under this stuff.) and often we would keep drilling for another 1000 ft - At $100k a day (in the 70's) you just didn't drill holes through rock for fun.
    The Russians proved the point in Vietnam - after the Americans went all over the country and declared the place 'Barren' of any Oilfields, the Russian's offered to drill for oil for free, if wells were dry it would cost Vietnam nothing, if they found oil they would take a small percentage of the oil. They did many deep holes (40,000+ ft) and struck oil on just about all of them.
    The final bit of proof has been found lately with these deep ocean hot water vents, they have detected all the basic building blocks of hydrocarbons in these ocean vents.