Bill Still (Money Masters) Promoting Quark Coins

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by yennus, Dec 1, 2013.

1. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^ VRS

Quarkcoin seems like great insurance policy on your other coins. Say you have $10K in BTC & LTC then put $1K in QRK and if BTC or LTC ever get hacked then QRK could go up 100 fold on the news so you won't loose out.

2. SilverSaviour

SilverSaviour New Member

Fair enough ;)

3. tozak

Wow QRK just seems better and better. I just did a trial transfer of $2000, $1000 with a fee and $1000 without a fee. Times were 28 seconds and 1 minute 55 seconds. This just blows me away.

I was skeptical at first (just like I was with BTC and LTC) but now actually using QRK it just blows the others away. I'm thinking of going all in on QRK.

Have heard it's likely going onto BTC-e and possibly the China Exchange, Max Keiser is going to interview Bill Still on 16th of December and will likely be plugging it soon after on RT.

I know QRK has upset the miners with the way it was initially allocated but I don't care, as someone who wants to use something that functions better than anything else I can find then I don't care who benefits from it above me, I judge a product on it's value to me and not try and worry about who I'm making rich by purchasing / using it.

4. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

The fact that there are individuals holding millions (literally) of these mean the functional properties of the coin are far outweighed by dominance these people have.

It'd be like the world going to a single, unified currency, but America keeping 50% of the currency, the EU keeping 40% and then leaving the remaining 10% for the rest of the world.
    Totally functional as you wanted, because your currency is now accepted anywhere in the world - but totally bias to those holding the currency.

5. pro$pector

pro$pector New Member

There are plenty of miners who are definitely not upset with QRK, it's made them rich.

If confirm times are what impresses you check out WDC (Worldcoin), it has 30 second block times and a USD/WDC exchange coming in December apparently.

6. pro$pector

pro$pector New Member

Hahaha just saw this posted in a trollbox;

[​IMG]

7. tozak

But again that's assuming they are still holding them and have not been dollar cost averaging out as the price has gone up, if instead they intend to hold out no matter what the price is then again what does it matter, those coins are no longer really part of the pool if they never sell them

8. tozak

Why is QRK on Wikipedia but not WDC?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cryptocurrencies

I can't find out what the total amount of WDC will be? So same speed but less secure, what would WDC have over QRK then?

9. pro$pector

pro$pector New Member

I wasn't sure what tact to take with this post, so I just went with what I know enjoyed typing the most.

Wikipedia is user edited/added in case you aren't aware, so obviously the WDC shills didn't find it a priority - I highly suggest extending all future research beyond the mighty Wikipedia and try some more reputable sources.

Typing "worldcoin" into Google gives this result; http://lmgtfy.com/?q=worldcoin

The very first result is the Worldcoin Foundation, which has an easy to use website and makes no issue of finding the data you require.

Worldcoin is being added to BTC38 on the 6th or 7th of December according to the foundation (when speaking with them on their IRC channel). This IMO is more reliable than the trollbox rumours you have heard and believe to be a good reason to buy QRK - "Have heard it's likely going onto BTC-e and possibly the China Exchange". I must ask, what is "The China Exchange"? BTER? BTC38? OKCoin? BTC China? etc etc etc

A WDC associated company (Scharmbeck) is already MSB registered in the USA, and due to commence WDC/USD trading pairs near the years end.

I must also point out, I have just noticed Quark has been removed from coinmarketcap.com, in past experience the only reason this is done is either because the coin is 99% dead, or the devs are trying to hide the total number of coins/market cap from those too stupid to look elsewhere. Granted there may be a good reason, but I am struggling to find it.

Max Keiser and Bill Still are pumping Quark for their own gains, no one elses.

edit: I own neither WDC or QRK, my point is more than there are over 100 coins out there and QRK isn't anything special.

10. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

11. pro$pector

pro$pector New Member

Thats a paid advertisement masked as a news piece, Marketersmedia post those everywhere.

"The Wall Street Journal news department was not involved in the creation of this content."

12. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Lolwut.

13. pro$pector

pro$pector New Member

Hahahaha OK that is it, I'm out now this is too much.

14. tozak

^ pro$pector

understand how Wikipedia is used and updated, however I have found information on there to be quite useful

I did go to the Worldcoin Foundation site first but my resolution was set too low so never scrolled to the right to see the tiny "+see all features" button. Just had a look and so has very similar amount of coins to QRK, similar processing times but correct me if I'm wrong lower security than QRK

I guess if your saying the benefit to WDC over QRK is that WDC is confirmed as going onto btc-e then agree that is a big plus for WDC where or not that outweighs the difference in the security of the coin, also I guess a question is do you really need to have 9 rounds of secure hashing from 6 different algorithms? I guess time will tell on that one.

Time will also tell why QRK was removed from coinmarketcap.com but information suggests it's because the block explorer is temporarily down again. Two more were added on the 1st of December after the first issue so don't know if it's a DOS attack or some other flaw now?

I'm not clued up with how a downed block explorer effects transactions but I noticed some exchanges are having difficulty trading QRK while the explorer is down.

WDC1.00 is currently trading at QRK4.75 so will see at the end of the year how the ratio is looking.

15. Earthjade

Earthjade Member

Well, I've put 2 BTC into QRK tonight.
    It could crash and I lose or it could be one of the smartest things I've ever put money on.
    I've read what little material there is about Quark and it seems sound. But what I have to remember about the crypto markets is that THEY DON'T MAKE SENSE.
    People will buy something because of the expectation - just like I did.

But what finally pushed me to buy QRK was that the Pump and Dump Together Team, who have done some good stuff on BTC-E, are pushing QRK.
    If it starts getting listed on other exchanges, things might start getting stupid, which I can only hope. Fingers crossed I'm an "early adopter". It would be good to get into this on the ground floor. I was prepping to buy LTC when it was at $6 and by the time my cash squeezed through the system it was trading around $13.
    QRK might be a scam or a failure, but 2 BTC isn't a crippling price to pay for a lottery ticket.

16. beeteecee

beeteecee New Member Silver Stacker

BTer.com is having issues in case anyone tries sending funds there. Wouldn't advise it.

17. tozak

What issues is it having? Just asking as I was able to use it without a so called issue but it was very glitchy, seemed to have problems refreshing and was a few times my coins were not showing up properly, not a nice experience. I think I might try Cryptsy next time, anyone have any good or bad recent experiences with Cryptsy?

18. tozak

Yeah I'm in for about the same, might hold off putting anymore in for now until they fix that issue with the block explorer, however it is back up on coinmarketcap.com now so that's good news. If it does get pumped heavily later this year I may consider switching some back to BTC to return some investment but think I will hold most QRK for the ride.

19. tozak

This guy has conviction on QRK, he just went all in, interesting video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRfX6iLFJPo[/youtube]

20. Earthjade

Earthjade Member

I bought my QRK from both Bter and Cryptsy.
    With Bter I found I had to log in with almost every mouse click, which was annoying. Also, I exchanged BTC for QRK but the system would sometimes think I still had all my BTC and sometimes register that I had bought the QRK. In the end, I successfully managed to get the QRK into my wallet, but that site didn't inspire me with confidence.

With Cryptsy I transferred my BTC to my account there. Reading the support threads, people were complaining that sometimes it took days to get things in and out after the transactions had been done. The block chain showing hundreds of confirmations for the transaction before it went through. But this wasn't my experience. My BTC were credited in about 30 minutes and the trade went without a hitch. I immediately withdrew the QRK to my wallet and it took about another 30 minutes for the transaction to register.

So yeah, tried both those sites and managed to get my QRK within about 1 hour from both. Cryptsy was the less terrifying experience of the two. Might go there again today with some of my "scrap" BTC to make one more QRK purchase.