Big buyers recently wanting to load up on GOR

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by Black_Sun, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

The fellow with nearly 2 million at 0.150 has been sitting there for about 1.5-2 weeks, only got some shares filled yesterday. The 0.155 orders of 500,000 & 1.5 million were added today. Glad I got my 10000 order at 0.155 filled on Monday, as it could be a long wait behind these guys.

[​IMG]

2. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

I dont really take these bids seriously, they usually get pulled as they are being filled. It happens in microcaps.

3. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

so what do you think is the rationale for it?

4. SilverSanchez

Its more psychological than a serious buy.

Look at what you said above - psychologically it has had its intended effect on you.

5. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It weighs the Buyers to Sellers ratio, same happens when Bots are set to put in a high volume Sell orders that move just outside the market depth by the program. It's just to skew the Buyer to Seller ratio, just another small factor / indicator that potential investors look at, costs the Brokers nothing as they never execute the orders.

6. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

The 500,000 and 1,500,000 share order have just been filled at 2:25pm today.

7. Willow

Willow New Member

8. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Down 8.8% so far today

9. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Nice buying opportunity. If the price drops too far, I can easily imagine China throwing a few $$ at it, and saying "Thanks, this now belongs to China. And we're taking if off the ASX."

10. Kawa

Kawa New Member

The Chinese government or the general population of China?

11. SilverSanchez

How did China ever get into this?? Im confused.

Whether we like it or not GOR is classified as a junior, all juniors have been regressing to their book price, as professional investors have been reducing risk and re-evaluating their possitions to reflect the change in economic situation. Gold funds who invest in juniors are getting loads of redemptions as people pull their money out etc etc. Im surpriced as anyone that GOR is staying down being as they have a resource of 1m ounces.

But I believe GOR would be far more successful if they ran their business on a project generator model. Little companies cant handle such volume of work without diluting. I believe GOR managment have understood this somewhat and they should get into processing ore for short term cash flow.

But hey they are not the same company anymore - they are committing to building a plant, and they havent found a SuperPit but what would have been otherwise good little projects which dissapointed the big investors (IMO). Gor investors from back in the Elektra days (when I bought in) expected another yamana, superpit - and that hasn't happened yet.

So reality is catching up to GoldRoad, but you never know - they may still find what everyone wanted them to find.

12. Kawa

Kawa New Member

LOL..me too.
    20 m company with no cash flow other than shareplacements?

13. SilverSanchez

What moves juniors

- HOPE/Excitement - based on managment/property/commodity/neighbours/drill results (one or a number of these)
    - cash/shares on issue - as cash approaches $0 share price approaches $0 (investors pay for HOPE)

thats it - maybe depressing but thats reality - the best deposit of gold is useless unless it can be extracted at a profit and that takes loads of money, loads of experience and team work and some luck.

All the company has to do to mine the market for money is keep the market excited and keep drill results coming - this is how the Briex scandel occured

The economic situation has put a damper on the HOPE factor - so the shares regress to their cash/assets value, and (unless they can re-invigorate HOPE) then back to their intrinsic value - $0 sometimes despite good drill intercepts: see AusGold (AUC)

14. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Just something I threw out there. When the price goes down, everyone seems to think its bad. But bad for who? China's been acquiring gold companies and they acquired the only antimony company on the ASX, Anchor Resources. Why? Because antimony is strategic, and China already has a monopoly. So when the share price of Anchor Resources was going down, no doubt loads of investors were groaning, saying how bad it was. But... bad for who? Not for China, who wanted the company desperately (just witness how they came back again & again in their takeover attempt). Do you think China would have preferred to pay $0.15 a share, or $1 a share?

If there is something who want - a new car, a new stereo, a piece of land, an ocean, an island, a mine, obviously you want to pay the cheapest price.

And that is precisely what happened to Extract Resources (use to be on ASX), after 2008, when the share price collapsed, ONLY THEN... when the price collapsed, did China come and say "we want to buy this now". When share prices of certain resources collapse, interested parties come in; ie: China with respect to GOR. I think its a possibility.

Edit: Extract Resources didn't have any cash flow either. Didn't stop it from being swallowed up when the share price collapsed. And almost certainly on a share market forum somewhere in the past, before the takeover, if someone had mentioned China in relation to Extract Resources, someone surely said, "What the hell does China have to do with Extract Resources?"

15. SilverSanchez

Oh I get it, you're alluding to CGT as well

16. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

:) With junior companies like Anchor Resources, Extract Resources, etc, which both had no cash flow and did nothing but issue shares, these things can happen. :)

17. SilverSanchez

Silly me - I thought GOR was going to break-out over 20c
    Was planning on buying at 17.5c
    But just pulled the trigger @ 20c

no sooner I do that that 200m shares gets dumped on at 20c and it retreats down to 17.5

:rolleyes: *just shakes his head*

18. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

from much earlier thread

2012-05-18
    2012-06-07
    Took a battering first, but getting there eventually punters. Signs of interest were there in the chart too with hindsight - Aug 2013. Small range, mostly indecisive, weekly candles led in to a decisive bullish engulfing full white candle with high volume - 2nd week August. Then big spike followed by beautiful rising consolidation under 11-12c resistance. Should really keep a dedicated watchlist of SSker's stocks of interest

2 YEAR WEEKLY CHART
    [​IMG]

19. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sort of hope Black_Sun stuck with these. It would have taken great immunity to the share price, as it plumbed sub 5c before bottoming. Seemed to have a confident fundamental grasp.
    Gold Road GOR is about 45 cps now