BEWARE 2012 SILVER PANDAS EBAY

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by Maggie, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

I was informed 2012 Silver Pandas were for sale on Ebay. I checked and found there were some. These are the emails that followed

I emailed seller to find out more.

Dear asone110zhijia,

Given that these coins have not been released by Chinese Government Mints as yet, can you provide proof of authenticity of these coins before I place a bid please?

Kind regards, Maggie.

Email sent to Me.

these coins have been released by china gold coin incorporation(every year this company will release panda coins and lunar coins), which is belong to chinese government. these coins have the value are 10 yuan. There are common sence for coins investment, which the value is unique. Any coins which own the value means it should be authenticitied by the government. You can search the panda coins on ebay(even Australia koala and lunar coins. there is the value on the backup.) and I guarantee this one is 100% of pure silver coins. By the way, the certificate only release by the 10 OZ. unfortunnly , 10 oz coins is quite expensive. I response for this coins, if it is not an 1 oz pure silver, you can take all your money back. thanks anyway
    PS: i only own 5 panda coins as these coins are very popluar in the whole world now.
    kind regards
    paska

- asone110zhijia

Thank you for your reply. Would you sell me one as a Buy it now? Please

To me
    Dear Maggie

Sorry, I found I got the fake coins. I will response for these coins so I cannot sell these coins now. I just got the information the authentic one will release on the end of march ! I am so so sorry about that. Honest is very importance. Thanks anyway

- asone110zhijia

Regards Maggie

I MEANT TO PUT TIME IN. THIS ALL TOOK PLACE OVEr 1HR & 20 MINUTES

2. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. comeaux

comeaux New Member Silver Stacker

4. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

5. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

I can't zoom in on image. I think I have heard someone speak of this seller on Panda forum before.

Thank you comeaux : )

6. comeaux

Yes totally understood ... if it would not be for the fact that I know naomi is honest and knowledgable ... tiny pics like this are most times really suspect !

7. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

I have dealt with this seller as well, usually bad pictures, not the best translation ,several names so I am not even sure what theyre actual name is or if they are from Australia or China, but i have had good dealings with this seller and they have always come through with good quality coins. Totally legit as far as I am concerned.

8. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

9. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Who is this Naomi?

So weird... I was talking to a flight Captain from American Airlines just a few days ago that collects/invests in Pandas, and he was also commenting about this "Naomi" that I've not had the pleasure of meeting.

10. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

The second biggest eBay MCC dealer after Xu Hong.

No idea who he is but I think he owns a store in China and lives in Australia.

11. yennus

Oh Wow! It would be a pleasure to meet her!

Pandas... bringing the world and people together! :)

12. shano73

shano73 Member

Yep, her prices a pretty steep thou.

She prays on our PANDA weakness :)

13. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

This guy is legit, he has a huge inventory ,my last order with him was large and I gifted the money thru pay pal ,i have placed large orders three times , no problem ,packs well ,sends right away, his prices are crazy :):) but you can get him to move ,with alot of back and forth:) right now panda,s are going for more money in PRC than in the US and this dude is very proud of his coins:) ,he has alot of rare stuff, so if you looking for something rare ,you send him a picture ,he usually has it ,again lots of negotiation neccessary.................... i can verify he wont rip you off

14. jc888888888

its a he:):) his english name is Irvin

15. comeaux

Yes that's why I stated earlier that this seller is legit as I know some reputable people who have purchased from them and were very pleased although wallet was empty afterwards.

I find a lot of the big coin dealers that I buy from are negotiable as well, especially if you have purchased several items from them.
    As far as this guy being "proud of his coins" I can appreciate that sentiment as well !!!

I have never sold any of my coins yet and when the time comes (if ever) I just can't see letting them go very cheap. Maybe when the time comes that I do sell any of them I will be "too proud" :) and may never sell any but I can definitely appreciate him being very proud of his coins !

On topic with the original post there have already been fake 2012 silver pandas on ebay but they were horrible copies and easily spotted so just be vigilant. It seems many (most) of the members here on SS typically buy from people/dealers they are familiar with so probably not much to worry about.

16. jc888888888

SORRY COMEAUX, did not see your earlier post.............. Im pretty proud of some of mine too:) and hope I can just pass them to my kids, and maybe if I am lucky they get proud of them ,and pass them too their kids .......etc etc :)

17. comeaux

I see we are thinking exactly the same in this respect ! :)

My son is 14 months old and I have a few S10Y pandas that came back with "details" grading so I busted them out and let him play with them so he can already start getting familiar with MCC :D

18. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

I try to educate my daughter (3 years old) for saving and pm
    She now say to me when a new coin arrived is plata (silver) or oro (gold) and she say the oro is more expensive than plata.
    She like the coins. (in slabs or doublesealed i saw her).
    Very well for three years old.
    I buy for she and my other daughter one 1/20 and 1/10 gold and 1 oz silver for 2011 and forward.
    And try to teach her. How save.
    And buy for her the mitological creatures, and the bugs in perth minth. He like a lot. I recomend you to buy it in the perthminth page to tinky.
    When he have 2 or 3 years he like a lot.

19. yennus

Wow... seems like we all got kids about the same age :)

The next generation of Panda Hunters! :)

20. digoxin

digoxin Member Silver Stacker

My 4 yo loves the ideas of animals on coins. She can tell me that a 1 oz silver panda is 10 dollars and a 1 oz gold panda is 500 dollars. Just yesterday as usual the question about where I was going and what I was doing when I was ready to go to work. My response as typical was to earn more money and help people. Her reply back was maybe you can sell the panda coins so you can get more money and don't have to work.

I told her Confucius says today Daddy work to get more Pandas ..... in the future Pandas work so Daddy dont have to.