Discussion in 'Gold TV' started by ozcopper, Aug 31, 2012.
Season 3 of Gold Rush has started. Plenty of big changes for the Hofmans!
Yeah, they actually have some decent equipment this season.
There's a new gold show too that just aired a couple of days ago, it's worth a watch.
Jungle Gold on Discovery Channel.
These 2 Americans go to mine gold in Ghana. They seem to know what they are doing though, but it would be so easy to get yourself murdered over there.
I love these shows! I'd also love to be in a position to give it a crack.... I get yellow fever just watching lol
Just watched ep1 of Jungle Gold, am already hooked.
I wonder how much is real, and how much is invented.
My beef with the jungle show was it showed them hacking though the jungle relatively unencumbered - but then magically had a genset, sluice and fuel, as well as overnight camping supplies. 30 bloody extras off camera carrying supplies in for them.
You've also got Diamond Divers, it's basically Gold Rush and Bering Sea Gold combined but with diamonds (a bunch of broke Americans with no mining exp go to work for a guy in South Africa dredging for diamonds).
Though they spend almost the entire season fixing the guys boat instead of actually mining, so it might be something you'll give up on after a few episodes, but give it a crack anyway.
Ep 1 Jungle Gold
sounds like the Chinese have fairly large presence
with a $150k investor on board they resort to a low ball and flip 'hustle' to pay their latest overdue bills back home :lol:
enjoyed behring sea gold i will give jungle gold a look now
Hang on, is Jungle Gold a standalone series now? I thought it was just a special between seasons.
Yup. It's a series
You're thinking of Gold Rush Alaska Ghana where the Hoffmans went off looking for a summer claim.
Jungle Gold is two (particularly photogenic) ex-real estate agents setting up a full mining operation.
Different show different jungle:
Gold Rush "The Jungle" (Season 2 special) -
The Hoffmans went to Guyana, South America looking for land
Jungle Gold EP 1 "Culture Shock"
ex-real estate agents go to the Ashanti belt Ghana, West Africa looking to mine enough gold to pay off their debts of $1M
Oops, I got Ghana and Guyana mixed up.
I reckon - basically strip mining claims they don't have permission to be on, shooting over the heads of people too close to their operations, who knows what else goes on. The fear of the local villagers when asked to help moving on the illegal miners did not look put on for the camera.
Wayne Swan and Gina Rinehart need to watch this show - when Australia gets too hard to do business with and too expensive, our boom will be over with a crash. Why bother with Australia where it takes a year to deal with environmental impact assessments, native title, ridiculously high first world wages and conditions etc when you can just go to Ghana, fly in your own workers, shoot a few locals to scare them off and do as you please?
Geez, ep2 of jungle gold is such a trainwreck. At this point i'd be suprised if they find any gold.
These "reality" shows result in many reckoning they can make a $ after watching the shows, monkey see - monkey do.
"Storage Wars" has resulted in people thinking they can buy storage units and make a quick buck, oh so so wrong.
"Deadliest Catch" has resulted in dudes rolling up to Dutch Harbour Alaska thinking they can become crabbers.
And these gold shows make desperate Americans who cant find a job think there is some fantasy land where they can go and just pick the shiny stuff up off the ground.
Like the old gold rushes of the 1850's and 1860's, about 3% "make it", the other 97% end up going home as poor as when they arrived.
Finished the whole season is one sitting, love ALL of these gold related shows.. I wonder how much they get to appear per episode :S
Separate names with a comma.