Beadell Resources (BDR)

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by SilverSanchez, Sep 13, 2012.

1. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

people need money for various reasons, directors can sell shares whenever they want. They just need to avoid the appearance of insider trading. So best time for a director to sell is when its going well.... thats true for everyone.

I dont see anything in the director selling at all, i think everyone is blowing this out of proportion.

2. BiGs

BiGs Active Member

BDR showed the best resistance to the gold drop and is actually the only stock still above physical gold returns. I think this shows excellent management skills.

Here I've put some comparison charts together showing spot gold, BDR and eight of the top ASX gold miners. I used 01/01/2012 as the zero mark as that would about the time when the bull gold trend was clearly finished.

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/12623_gold_miners_vs_gold.png][​IMG][/imgz] [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/12623_gold_miners_vs_gold_2.png][​IMG][/imgz]

If and when I speculate on a gold miner, I'd go BDR. Followed by RRL because when I changed zero date to 01/01/2011, RRL was in front of BDR. But I for one am waiting for a bull breakthrough for gold before I take this punt.

What'y reckon?

3. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

ONe way to look at it, but a lot can happen over a couple of years to influence a gold company and make it a weaker or stronger performer and will those factors be relevant for the next couple of years? Have you lookedz at the performance of NST or DRM relative to BDR over that period? My chartings limited to discreet years and Im using this tablet not my nice desktop, but over 2 years it looks like DRM underperformed BDR by less than 10%, while NST outperformed BDR by 30%
    DRM outperformed BDR BY ABOUT 90%, while NST outperformed BDR by about 50% over the last 1 year, which somewhat misses your point I guess.
    I realise your period is a bit longer by 4 mths.
    Another that would have outperformed I think would be TBR

4. finicky

Comparative chart BDR (mountain representation) from 01/01/2012 against TBR, NST, DRM
    TBR brown line, NST blue line, DRM red line
    Note: while DRM is behind over this duration, it is rapidly catching up if you make the comparison over the last 12 month period.

[​IMG]

5. BiGs

BiGs Active Member

Yeah I like to compare the producer performance in a downward underlining market. I feel it shows director management skills. But it could also include luck.

NST don't have all that good financials and are over priced. They have been handing out a dividend since 2012, even though they have not once been cash flow positive. They have been spending near 100 mil a year on capital while they are throwing free money in the air. It seems to me like they have started a dividend program to try and sway the numbskull shareholders over other nil dividend gold stocks. I'd stay away.

TBR and DRM ill look into another time.

I like BDR not just for their bear gold resistance. BDR spent their capital at the gold highs, at the right time. Last year they spent nothing on capital and are cash flow positive with record low cash costs per oz of $550 USD. They have plans to start a dividend program based off this later in the year. BDR are kicking arse now at current gold price and are not speculating on upward movements like a lot of the others are. They have a future 130k oz hedged at $1600 sell price and are selling call options (50k oz) on their gold at $1700 strike (Dec exp). They are playing the market to its fullest and embracing the low gold market. I like this and I think this is why they have resisted the bears.

6. finicky

So this is closer to your original notion - the performance of the stocks in question against the performance of A$ gold (as represented in black by etf GOLD) from 01/01/2012 to present time.
    The two lines below GOLD are RRL and DRM, while the three lines above are BDR, NST, and TBR in rising order.

You were originally restricting yourself to one criterion, viz: the best shareprice performer against gold during this bear market, and reading best management practice into that.

BDR - I was more interested in it before M.D Peter Fowler sold 3,000,000 shares on market.

[​IMG]

7. finicky

BDR (black mountain) plotted against Oceana Gold (OGC - brown line)
    Period 1/1/2012 to present

[​IMG]

8. BiGs

BiGs Active Member

Here's more market comparison to BDR.

[​IMG]

9. finicky

Not meaning to be pedantic, but think it's worth mentioning that the bear market in A$gold started in early September 2011. That would be 0-/09/2011. I doubt it would change the comparison rankings of the miners mentioned though ... ?

Australian GOLD etf
    [​IMG]

10. BiGs

BiGs Active Member

Yeah it happened before that but I put 2012 because that is the time companies like these should of been putting into place counter measures. Where the board of directors would of really been put to the test on the running and future success of their company.

11. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

Well, I'm putting in a bid for BDR. These guys have been my preferred miner since RRL faulted.

I also picked up some shares in OBS as I thought he price was ok.

I still can't get excited over NST's performance. Sure their motoring along for the long haul, snapping up yet another mine but I wonder if, for the short term they haven't bled themselves dry? Particularly now they're staring right down the barrel of their creditors big time for this last acquisition now inevitable?

12. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

Shares seem to be losing ground. Bought in on Monday & admit I may have got in a bit high but, luv the company prospects & management. So, why the crappy price this morning I wonder?

13. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

Well, not sure if share holders appreciate the constant notifications of unlisted share releases after all? I jumped board merely to buy shares in an opportunity this week but well intended to get back in next pay day.

Wish I had some cash now & I would be back in @ these prices. I just wonder the sentiment of share holders here with the price dropping further each day?

14. finicky

I'm not buying any gold shares until a revival of the gold price shows itself. The chart of BDR obviously not behaving well and just seems to be continuing in its medium term downtrend started in Oct 2013. Can't see any reason to be buying right now unless there is some cause of a turnaround suspected shortly?

15. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

Understandable, I'm buying but only small amounts as a long term hold. Will be better to buy after QE has been totally wound down.
    Only have Allied Nevada and Northern Dynasty (US). Am thinking of adding St Barbara but will wait a while.

16. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

Hmmm, not keen on ST Barbara myself but, I do see the merits. Where BDR is concerned. Just wish I knew why their shares drop? I can't find any bad news & they have great potential moving forward, as they do now for that matter. Perhaps it is the location. Political risk? But evn so. I'd hardly deem Africa a politically stable nation. Hardly & yet, this is where the big finds are! No. BDR has certainly got me buggered....

17. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

Well, Beadell has clawed back some respect pretty quickly. Gotta hand it to these miners to throw you up & down.....

18. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

Anyone care to comment on the see-saw sp?

Whilst DRM are moving full steam ahead, these Guyz are floundering.

Considering they moved like 11m shares on Friday..... Political unrest?

19. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

I think these guys are worth a look, unless there is something I don't know about, these prices are a great buy IMO.

20. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

took a beating today along with DRM and a few others, could be a bargain OR could be a bargain @ 1/2 that price or half that price...