Bamazon (History Channel's version of Jungle Gold)

Discussion in 'Gold TV' started by Ashman, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Ashman

Ashman Active Member Silver Stacker

The premise is virtually identical to Jungle Gold, except they go to South America (Guyana) instead of Africa (Ghana) and they seem (from the first episode atleast) to be better funded and slightly better organized.

Somehow I missed this show and only just came across it today, the first 5 episodes are out already and it is currently airing weekly.

2. silvertail_joe

silvertail_joe New Member

I've watched all the episodes, and the owner/ boss off this whole operation is an egotistical ass! He loves to talk in third person, and because he is putting up all the money he believes he can treat his workers with little respect. Those guys must be in real bad financial shape to put up with his antics.

3. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

The first 3 episodes are about getting their bulldozer through the jungle. Its ok but phoney of course. One of the guys gets "lost" in the jungle for 4 hours.....with a camera crew of course !

4. Ashman

Ashman Active Member Silver Stacker

After watching a couple more episodes it is clearly as scripted as hell.

Seriously who goes trudging off into the Amazon jungle without a GPS or at the very very least a map and compass.

And as silvertail said the boss is a complete wanker, all the other guys are are covered in mud and sweat and out he comes all pristine (presumably from his satellite tv equipped, air-conditioned hut) to rip into them for not working hard enough.

I'll keep watching it though, just to see the gold if for nothing else.

5. Matthew 26:14

Tim Evans likes to say Tim Evans that's for sure and its darn annoying.

6. Matthew 26:14

^ Indeed, not unlike modern day colonialism. Westerners roll up to some impoverished 3rd world country, set about wrecking the landscape and then taking that country's gold home with them. I bet they pay little or no royalties for their gold also.

7. silvertail_joe

silvertail_joe New Member

My favorite part of the show is becoming when ( the boss man Tim Evans) right hand man keeps getting his feeling hurt, then comes back with emotions need to to left at home, only to stomp out of camera view cussing because they give him no respect. The leaders of that show are a joke. If tim Evans was a self made millionaire, it has to be from slipping on some water in Walmart and sueing them. I haven't seen him portray a skill that wasn't crap!

8. Matthew 26:14

So thankfully this season has now finally finished. 12 ounces was their total gold haul ! Given the excavator alone cost $250,000 and will be left in the jungle along with pumps, buildings and other costs, the expedition must have cost $500,000. The 12 ounces totaled about $17,000 so who knows how the shortfall is funded !

9. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Thanks - only watched the first episode and was totally unimpressed by the boss - just saved me bothering to download the rest.