Bad Decision? Producing Silver Rounds That you can't differentiate!

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by 1for1, May 30, 2011.

1. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I reckon you need to get back to the basics of stacking.

Do you believe the SHTF rhetoric? If so, at that point Ag will only be worth spot! If not, or the in between time, collecting becomes a hobby as well as an investment and it is nice to have a variety within your stack. You have to way up whether that round or coin is worth a premium.

I have PAMPs and Pandas, but cannot bring myself to by Cats at a premium of over 100%. I would rather have 2oz anytime.

I guess this is a personal issue and may be quite academic if Ag is $100 spot. Will anyone pay $200 for a Cat?

2. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

I agree that it is nice to have variety in the stack but i don't buy rounds (except a few omni rounds early on in the stacking experience). I also don't like the buffalo's and many of the US rounds so i won't touch them. Coins or bars only for me. Even then i bought a 1oz US produced bar just 'cause the money was burning a hold in the pocket and there wasn't much else under the counter. Regret doing it as it is extremely poor quality in comparison to other similar bars.