Automotive Expert says Holden poised for collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by BBQ, Nov 3, 2012.

1. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

2. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yeah but it couldn't get past a Maccas at 1 in the morning :)

At the time Australia was discovered there was a global deficit in Hemp for sailing ships (ropes Sails caulking etc). Part of the reason the English sent such a prominent Botanist (J. Banks) on a coal bark captained by a relatively inexperienced Officer (Cook) was to search for sites new Hemp plantations.

One of the places Banks discovered was Bangladesh. "Bang" means" Hemp" in the native tongue Ladesh means "Land of" Bangladesh therefore means Land of Hemp. It was the first time the West had recorded the existence of the narcotic sp. of Hemp that the locals called "Ganja". Previously all temperate variteties had no drug qualities.

When the tobacco industry (which was huge in Louisiana) caught wind of another plant that could be smoked but had far more potent effects than their own, they began a campaign of Propganda to demonise all HEMP...even the harmless stuff. By the 40's they'd associated it with illegal immigration and given it the mexican-esque name 'Marijuana' (sound like tequila and Chihuaua doesn't it :) ).

Hemp is a fantastic fibre (like banana, and Bamboo) it's a renewable resource with incredible properties ...and now that big tobacco is dead perhaps we can start producing it again.

http://environmentaltoothbrush.com.au/index.php/about

3. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

There are much less fatalities at 110. Obviously the solution is to increase the speed limit from 50 to 110.

4. xALmoN

xALmoN New Member

Of the 4 rear ender accidents I've been a victim of, I've always been stationary. At a traffic junction, waiting for the light to turn green. 2 out of 4 times, the asshole was drunk.

And that's just non fatal accidents. I've also been side swiped at 40km/h because some woman doesn't know how to check blind spots.

To think that speeding is the sole cause or even a major of road fatalities is a narrow minded view. How many of you have been driving along the freeway and without even having to look at the speedo, have this feeling, "oh no, I'm driving a little too fast", or even along some twisty roads, where the speed limit, ridiculously is 100km/h, normal rational people will know when they are driving too fast for the conditions.

Driving distracted, driving under the influence, old people, are all bigger problems than your 10-20km/h over the limit. Because, seriously, 54km/h in a 50 zone will net you a nice fine of $156. And we all know how easy it is to creep over the limit especially when its a slow descent, the gubmint knows this, and that's where they get you. "Speeding, there is no excuse"

And hidden cameras, are not a deterrent. Visible police presence is. Notice how everyone drives 10ks under the limit when there's a pigmobile around?

The point here, is driving to the conditions.

But I digress.