Author of Rich Dad, Poor Dad files for bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by ozcopper, Oct 12, 2012.

1. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Fk yr a knob mate.

You're pretty good at making assumptions about others you don't know.

So here's an assumption I'll make about you... everyone you used to be friends with would rather stick pins in their eyes than listen to your incessant drivel, so now you have resorted to anonymous strangers on the internet....

I'm now searching for some pins for myself. :rolleyes:

2. radiobirdman

radiobirdman Active Member Silver Stacker

Iam happy as long as your paying for mine :D

3. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yep. We are on two different planets. First, I am not auspm and he and I probably differ on key elements even though we seem to share a fair bit of common ground. In time, who knows, I may agree more or agree less with him/her.

To try to be more clear, I was never talking about the morality of the current taxation system or abiding by the rules of the entity with the guns in order to build and run a truly productive enterprise that improves the welfare of society (and almost always improve their own welfare as a direct result). I value my freedom too much to do illegal things. I was talking about using (and especially actively encouraging others to use) products and methods that knowingly do not improve the welfare of society and instead enrich themselves at the expense of others and encourage the immorality of the entity with the guns and/or encourage other entities that exploit the entity with the guns.

From what little I know of your "true" situation from the various threads you quite possibly do a mixture of all of these. I have no problem with you actively achieving personal wealth through the creation of truly productive and beneficial enterprises. I do have a problem with the fact the you seem to know and understand what is:
    (a) "truly" productive and beneficial enterprise
    versus
    (b) enterprises that only seem to be productive but are actually poisonous, resource wasting and fundamentally unethical
    and yet you encourage people to do the latter simply "because it works". "Because it works" to bring a subset of people wealth whilst really exploiting other people in hidden ways is not good enough in my book and that is the issue I have.

< Deleted because I'm flustered and my memory is like a goldswimmingthingy >

4. unfunkable

unfunkable Active Member

one example of B please

5. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Weapons grade plutonium. :D

6. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Labor Party / unions / Greens ???

7. bordsilver

Negatively geared residential property principally purchased for capital growth.

Once upon a time in the long, long ago, such a thing was unthinkable (essentially because it was impossible).

In terms of an occupation - director of a central bank is right up there.

8. mmm....shiney!

:cool:

Anyway, so Bob Kyosaki files for bankruptcy. Allan Bond went to jail, Twiggy Forrest may lose his Empire (speculating there) etc etc. But they are smart because they structured their wealth in such a way that it can't be touched.

Now to the ignorant and unclean, this appears to be tantamount to theft, and they cry "unfair" and demand that these men, these giants be taken down a few pegs and pay back what is "rightfully" the property of others - but at no time are they exactly sure who the others are. The ignorant and the unclean are happy to see such men fall and blame their loss on a lack of personal attributes ie they're greedy, they're arrogant etc. The ignorant and the unclean are upset because while the Bob Kyosakis and the Allan Bonds pay their penance, the Kyosakis and the Bonds still remain wealthy men. The ignorant and the unclean are upset because they know that if they lost their little empires they'd be begging on the streets. The ignorant and the unclean want to see a man lose everything if they fail, just as they would.

The ignorant and the unclean are stupid and lazy because they could never be bothered learning how to protect their own wealth and they hate seeing someone else who has made a monumental c*ck-up resurrect themselves.

You can take the millions from one successful man and distribute it to 10 others who are not successful, the successful man will rebuild his fortune but those 10 others will squander it because they have not had to earn it.

The next 10 years of Bob Kyosaki's life will make a good case study.

9. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

now im a knob :p: i really get under you guys skin because i push for answers that they dont have or answers that might incriminate them & show them to be hypocrites. I would say a job well done on this thread .
    As for your assumption my friends all think like me so we rarely cross swords . we prefer to discuss the important things like how to help each other & what we can do for each other . not whinge & whine about things we cant change

10. renovator

Youve got a memory like a goldfish the taking bribes bit was a reality of the system in the other thread & me having a bit of fun with it & the getting even was in this thread ......No wonder your confused you cant even differentiate between threads i think you need a cup of tea & a good lie down

11. bordsilver

Umm. Why did you put Twiggy in that group? Bond stole actively committed fraud and Kiyosaki - for all the great stuff he's done - is one of the perpetrators of the worldwide property ponzi.

12. bordsilver

My memory is like a sieve [using a popular phrase with a synonymous meaning]? Shall I quote you?

http://forums.silverstackers.com/message-415241.html#p415241

13. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Unfortunately the forum doesn't have sarcasm tags...

14. renovator

see your all flustered now & posted without actually comprehending my post #91

15. bordsilver

Oh no I'm FLUSTERED! I better spray myself. Because I don't really give a hoot to someone who resorts to name calling and not answering questions I'll go back and delete that reference then. Wouldn't want to damage your good name.

16. mmm....shiney!

Because we're not judging a man's character if they fail, we're trying to learn what steps they take to protect themselves when or if attacked by others.

We all should be doing what is legally appropriate to protect our wealth, if you were doing something illegal, you'd take even greater steps to ensure you can protect your ill-gotten gains.

If there were a Dictionary of Ethics, you would not find "Bankruptcy" under "B". To castigate someone who has filed for bankruptcy as being someone who is morally corrupt is ridiculous. Which you suggested.

17. renovator

Sieve ? I said goldfish !!! pay attention !!!!!

18. bordsilver

Thanks shiney. That makes sense

I don't recall doing that at all. But my short term memory is apparently similar to a swimming precious metal.

19. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Kiyosaki didn't go broke from his RE dealings..I thought it was from royalties from his books/speaking engagements he didn't pay.

A lot of his wealth will be well and truly hidden away. Maybe he gave it to his Dad to look after. :(

Regards Errol 43

20. mmm....shiney!

Maybe I misunderstood you.

PS, goldfish do not sell for $50 000/kg :p