Australian retail super funds that can invest in gold

Discussion in 'Superannuation' started by goldpelican, Oct 29, 2012.

1. bron suchecki

bron suchecki Active Member Silver Stacker

Unfortuantely I'm not that cool and I have just lost my other half to that series of books, and there is a lot of them and they are long. However it does stop complaints about how much time I spend on the internet on gold stuff and silverstackers.

2. petey

petey Active Member Silver Stacker

If you had around $50k in super and was about to check out of the country for a while, would one suggest a place like Net Wealth above, or a SMSF?

...Limited to no contributions in the future kind of make both a struggle.

3. glam

glam Member

I am with spectrum, and bought some PMGOLD. As GP suggests, I live outside Aus, but still have a small amount in the super system. When I move back to Aus I i will look into the SMSF a bit more closely.

I don't remember there being any additional fee's. and if I remember right it was just like buying through a normal broker account, except the brokerage was higher than a normal online account. Maybe $40 per transaction rather than $20 or less with most online stock trading platforms.

I'm not sure how the fee's listed by GP compare to other super funds. And there are no contributions going in so that does not effect me.

4. duplo

duplo New Member

Yup, i joined netwealth a few months ago because they allowed PMGOLD. They seem decent enough so far. I considered setting up a SMSF, but it just seemed too expensive for my paltry nest egg. Maybe in a few years...

5. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

Checked out net worth. They use Daniel Butler and the National tax accountants association. Both of whom I use. My question is why do you need netwealth if they are using Dan & the NTAA. To me its just another layer of fees you don't need. Bite the bullet set up an SMSF and see your paltry nest egg turn into a golden goose egg. We started with $6,000 in 1994 and today its in the top 8% of all SMSF's.

Follow the rule WIIFM (What's in it for me) A SMSF is a practice in delayed gratification. Time is your friend. The sooner you start the better the end result for you.

Kind Regards
    non recourse

6. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Thread was started to discuss superannuation options for those who SMSF is not an option. Residency status for example can impact your ability to participate in a SMSF.

7. Bus103

Bus103 New Member

This post has been going for a while. Has anyone found any other super funds that have a Perth mint gold option? It would be great if an industry fund could provide this option for members so that we could get some exposure to gold in our super!

8. Jordan@ABC

Jordan@ABC New Member

There are a number of Gold ETF options available through Retail Super Platforms - although not aware of Industry Funds that offer them