australian graded coins

Discussion in 'Numismatics' started by Robin, Sep 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Robin

Robin New Member

APCGS I believe has sold its grading business I believe. I hope this new person doesn't have the same trouble convincing people.
    I'm sure I don't want to pay PCGS to grade my coins. Pricing is high, double and more than APCGS was charging, also the turnaround time is 8 weeks plus before you get your coins back. APCGS did it in 10 days.
    has anyone heard any thing regarding APCGS? (Australian professional coin grading service)

2. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Shill much, i got your message btw, i didn't respond because we have dealt with the cancer that is apcgs in the Australian coin community for to long.
    If you bring your apcgs graded coins here to sell i will actively advise people of the many issues with those basement slabs. Including pvc damaged holders due to cheap slab materials, fake coins being slabbed, cleaned and tampered coins being slabbed and inconsistent grading methods being applied. You can have a coin graded by PCGS for as little as $25, why would you waste your time and money on apcgs crap

3. bloomst

bloomst Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Someone told me apcgs grading service has been bought off to get rid grading service in Australia.

So pcgs and ngc would be your option.

I did it once with my mule via another collector and he has given up doing it as the effort and money he make doesn't make it worth his time.

I think Universal Coin in Melb and Sterling in Freo still accept submission, i am just not sure how much they charge.

4. Robin

Robin New Member

I have been paying out every fortnight $400 in grading fees to Shane for the last 18 months. I did this to leave a legacy for my grandchildren who will share prosperitycoins when I depart.
    I had a email saying that a change of ownership and keep a eye on APCGS website for commencement of submissions.
    I'm devastated I really don't know what to tell my grandchildren, lucky I have only 16 to tell.
    V__69A9 - Copy.jpeg V__9D9B - Copy.jpeg

5. Robin

Robin New Member

Don't worry Buddy, I'm not trying to sell anything, just asking the question

6. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I beg to differ, I think you are here to promote them so you can sell them on your ebay store
    you messaged me this randomly not long ago
    "
    Critics they are everywhere. Regardless, I gave APCGS a go. We need a Australian Grader, or at least a previous employer of PCGS living in Australia grading for us. Would that keep the critics quite I wonder.
    You can view APCGS grading through my pictures in my store. Oh yeah the pics are getting a make over I'm just no good with a camera
    "
    and your store quite plainly states your position on apcgs
    "Prosperity Coins is the largest independent seller of APCGS graded Australian decimal coins on Ebay. All coins are of Mint State Uncirculated or Proof condition prior to being graded and placed in a Slab. Most coins purchased are replaced, so no one misses out. $$$$ 25 - 50 NEW GRADED COINS MONTHLY $$$$"
    I am sorry to say you invested in the wrong company if you wanted to get a return on your investment. Funny thing is there is a huge amount of information out there that would tell you this so either your incredibly naive and foolish with your money or your in bed with the charlatans at apcgs. especially if you sunk $14k into that business before it shut up shop
    out of interest you still selling the PVC infected slabbed coins or have you removed all them from their toxic slabs?

7. Robin

Robin New Member

obviously naïve, to blinded in leaving something for grandchildren.
    Yes your right in most things, I sent that message to go fishing for info and yeah a bit of promotion don't hurt. well it seems it would have.
    Ive got some answers ,not what I wanted to hear, but I had a dream. Sorry to waste your time. I'm in utter despair, shane doesn't answer phone.
    I will start getting them out of the slabs, can I confirm this with anyone else. I don't want to rip anyone off, just want some more confirmation about the safeness of the slab.
    Trying not to be offending , probably naïve.
    I'm a innocent victim, here, I read a lot of blogs from APCGS inception up till 2015. It died down then, and APCGS slabs were on Ebay, so I gave the bloke a chance.
    This is really making me sick so I will leave it a that
    Thank you for your information, all the best to you

The_Roll_ Man likes this.
  8. The_Roll_ Man

The_Roll_ Man Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Mate, many of us have made mistakes, when it comes to coins and precious metals.

I hope you can recover your coins, and find a better storage method. Maybe just back to basic 2×2s in a good quality album.

Good luck ....

9. Robin

Robin New Member

thank you, for your your kind thoughts. I'm currently I suppose in denial, I'm stuck for words, sorry cobber. I just know what to say or do, I'm shell shocked, brain numb I don't know, just cant shake this feeling of dread or something.
    have a good day my friend
    robin

The_Roll_ Man likes this.