Australian Financial Review Fiscal pygmies

Discussion in 'Superannuation' started by nonrecourse, Sep 18, 2012.

1. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

Somehow I think I would struggle finding a publisher that would be comfortable with me calling my target audience wage slaves and fiscal pygmies:lol:

Kind Regards
    non recourse

2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Your target audience would probably object too.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I would insinuate the derogatory meme & schadenfreude attitude is unnecessary NR.

I appreciate your candor and respect your knowledge, but there's no need to continually goad others by belittlement to get your message across.

Just saying.

4. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

It could work if you do it right. If you said it every second sentence people would assume you were joking around and it was a quirky style.

"Ahhh, that NR, he's such a joker, calling me a fiscal pygmy again..."

Might make for an eye-catching book cover too. Although, the Dummies thing has already been taken...

5. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

he could always try

"THE COMPLETE MORON's GUIDE TO ... "

6. Fykus

Fykus Member Silver Stacker

hows about calling it "are you a fiscal pigmy?"
    then at the end of the book say yes.

7. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

We all start out as fiscal pygmies. Financial acumen comes more so from your failures rather than success. If you have dumb luck at the start and make a lot of money there is a tendancy to ASSume that you don't need to know what you don't know.

A kick in the backside early on is a blessing.

Kind Regards
    non recourse

8. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well my copy of Tony Negline's Book "The Essential SMSF Guide 2012-2013" arrived on my doorstep today, Literally...like so many past silver deliveries :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    http://www.thomsonreuters.com.au/the-essential-smsf-guide-2012-13/productdetail/116875

I've only had it today but thought I'd give a heads-up to those interested.
    As a contrairian, the 1st thing I did was check the disclaimers :);
    No part of the book constitutes financial advice. Nor does it recommend financial products and it is only relevent to those that reside within Australia.

Now what I really like about the book so far is it's format which is best described by quoting the author on page 2.

It's here in part 3 that the book has it's 'charm'. No one wants to read about tax law. By making the sections semi independant (explaining key concepts) I found I could zip to the topics I was most interested in without having to read the whole book first.

For example, I really wanted to get straight into the part about setting up a SMSF. But that section didn't start until halfway through the book. However when I jumped to that section it was nearly written as if it were a stand alone chapter with explanations and definitions where appropriate.

Having got that out of my system I returned to the start which begins by laying out the history, intent and current performance of superannuation.

I've only just gotten started on it...but apart from the occassional typo...it looks well worth the money.