Australian Dental Association Demands More Fluroide in Water Supply

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by TeaPot&ChopSticks, Sep 1, 2013.

1. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So it's bribery and blackmail, carrot and stick, they must have some pretty good lobbyists

http://news.redland.qld.gov.au/2013/02/50-million-price-tag-for-redlands-to-opt-out-of-fluoride/

2. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. adrenalin

adrenalin New Member

http://www.grantsofaustralia.com/

Australia's number one selling range of natural toothpastes
    NO: fluoride, SLS, preservatives, petrochemicals or GMO ingredients
    Suitable for vegans, not tested on animals
    Certified Kosher, certified Halal

You can buy it at coles.

4. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

I like fluride in my water

5. jparrie

jparrie New Member

Bloody toothpaste?

6. glam

glam Member

Personally, I thi k flouride is good in water.

But, I do not use toothpaste, those looking for an alternative, just stop using it. My dentist told me it was basically just flavoured froth.

What does tooth paste do? Why do you need it?

7. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

I'd just like to point out this was made as a sarcastic remark. I do so to because I read in the paper that anti-flouride people have started making death threats to local councillors over flouride, also calling it a 'crime against humanity'. No way I want my words misinterpreted and linked to that.

8. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

Fluoride is a neurotoxin (see Phyllis Mullinex presentation Part1, Part 2, Part 3), was identified for its toxic effects on the central nervous system during the original Manhattan project in 1944 during the Atomic bomb development (see Fluoride Action Network) and has been identified as a causal contributor to neurological conditions in children including autism, ADHD and dyslexia (see Harvard Gazette).

In summary,
    1. a massive amount of Fluoride was required to produce the Atom Bomb during WWII where the toxic effects were research and identified;
    2. all research was classified as Secret to protect the Atomic Bomb project from litigation and delay after some major poisoning incidents occurred; and
    3. a disinformation campaign was begun to introduce the concept of it being beneficial to confound any notion of it being a health risk. All government sponsored science studies published ever since have been to sustain the original lie.

9. markc

markc Member

Talk about calling the kettle black..

10. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

There has been fluoride in Melbourne's water for over 30 years. nearer 40 in fact. Same goes for the majority of our population.

We fed our kids fluoride tablets for about 5 years before the introduction, on the recommendation of our dentist. Our kids have perfect teeth and are all in good health.

OC

11. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Glad to hear your kids are in good health and have perfect teeth.

I grew up without fluoridated water or fluoride tables and I also have perfect teeth and am in good health.

Maybe if you didn't feed fluoride to your kids they would be even healthier and have even better teeth with even higher IQs

There is no way of knowing.

That is why studies are done on large groups of people using scientific methods and not on anecdotal evidence.

12. Mr Medved

Mr Medved Member

Facts:
    1. Sodium fluoride is a known neurotoxin (poison) - and has been known for decades.
    2. In a large enough quantity it is fatal to humans.
    3. There is no legal way to measure the amount to be entered safely into the water supply as it would need to be 1/1,000,000 parts - and no device can measure to that accuracy nor would be certified under the National Measurements Act.

Note the difference between voluntarily coating your teeth with fluoride as opposed into involuntarily ingesting a neurotoxin because it is added to the water supply.

13. The Road Home

The Road Home Member

50 Reasons to Oppose Fluoridation

http://fluoridealert.org/articles/50-reasons/

"In Europe, only Ireland (73%), Poland (1%), Serbia (3%), Spain (11%), and the U.K. (11%) fluoridate any of their water. Most developed countries, including Japan and 97% of the western European population, do not consume fluoridated water.

In the U.S., about 70% of public water supplies are fluoridated. This equates to approximately 185 million people, which is over half the number of people drinking artificially fluoridated water worldwide. Some countries have areas with high natural fluoride levels in the water. These include India, China and parts of Africa. In these countries measures are being taken to remove the fluoride because of the health problems that fluoride can cause."

10) There has never been a single randomized controlled trial to demonstrate fluoridation's effectiveness or safety. Despite the fact that fluoride has been added to community water supplies for over 60 years, "there have been no randomized trials of water fluoridation" (Cheng 2007). Randomized trials are the standard method for determining the safety and effectiveness of any purportedly beneficial medical treatment. In 2000, the British Government's "York Review" could not give a single fluoridation trial a Grade A classification despite 50 years of research (McDonagh 2000). The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) continues to classify fluoride as an "unapproved new drug."

14. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Oh this is just great.....Now I gotta worry about what they're putting in the water???

Why not just brush your teeth at least once or even twice a day???

15. Mr Medved

Mr Medved Member

FWIW it is effectively a medical experiment which is a crime under international law.

16. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

the definition of healthy can relate everyone differently....

17. Gorth

Gorth New Member

Fluoride is a distraction.

What about the dihydrogen monoxide they put in the water? They put it in there, right?
    They use it in deadly radioactive nuclear power plants. It's used in the manufacture of every kind of lethal poison you care to mention. It comes belching, right, belching out of car exhausts right into the very air.

You breathe that stuff in and you're dead! And it's in our water!

That's why I only ever drink certified vegan ethical GM free water.;)

18. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

eh, why don't we install fluoride dispenser machines at the offices of Australian Dental Association first thing tomorrow morning. :) so that all water that come out has high level of fluoride in them.

19. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Same goes for alcohol..... and it is celebrated as part of our culture. :lol:

20. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

I don't have an opinion one way or the other on whether it is bad or not (haven't done enough research), but there is one thing that seems to be true to me and that is that it is forced and uncontrolled medication. You have no way of determining a person's dosage. Nor are blood tests taken on the population to determine what their levels are. Seems a bit reckless and unscientific to me.

There's no reason it can't be sold as a nutritional supplement if it is good for us in the same way many things are. Or even added to something like say milk and advertised on the outside which brands have it and which don't so people can avoid it if they want. Transparency and consumer choice should be paramount here.

Mass forced medication? No. If it's a good idea make the case and let people choose. It's their teeth.