Australian Cricket Scandal. Should Smith & Co Be Sacked?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by ozcopper, Mar 24, 2018.

?

Should the cheating Australian cricketers be sacked?

Poll closed Apr 7, 2018.
  1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    84.4%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  3. Don't care!

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. ozcopper

ozcopper Administrator Staff Member

With the Australians admitting to cheating. Should the guilty parties be sacked?

2. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In the past the Oz cricketing team have always been the most vocal against cheaters from other nations, so I say sack em all.

Gullintanni, Ag bullet and ozcopper like this.
  3. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I don't pretend to understand the sport of cricket, but I do know it is suppose to be the epitome of a 'gentlemanly' sport.

Cheating is definitely "just not cricket".

Smith and Co. need to be removed from the team like a ball that has been 'hit for six'.

Gullintanni likes this.
  4. hotchef72

hotchef72 Member

Disgraceful,and yes!

Gullintanni likes this.
  5. Silverbandit007

Silverbandit007 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes! Smith should be sacked from the team and Brancroft should be sacked and any other one involved in the controversy. What a disgrace.

6. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes! Steve Smith should be sacked - as captain, the buck stops with him. If Darren Lehman was involved in this, he should be sacked as well. As for other members of the so-called "leadership group", they should be stood down, fined, and disciplined depending on their level of involvement.

mmm....shiney! and STC like this.
  7. Silverman99

Silverman99 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This takes me right back to the underarm bowling incident sone years ago against NZ although legal totally unsportsmanlike and not in the spirit of cricket

Sack the lot of them forfeit the tour and bring them home just confirms to me the total lack of integrity in Australia cricket

Ag bullet likes this.
  8. Dale

Dale Member

Not a good look at all

9. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Absolutely disgraceful and even more stupid than Mike Tyson’s brain explosion.

Smith and co have admitted guilt so he and Bancroft should be stood down at the conclusion of this test match then an investigation can be launched. I’d stand them down now but I don’t think there is anything in the laws of the game that allow send-offs or mid-match suspensions.

Depending on the outcome I’d be asking for a 12 month suspension for Bancroft, a life-time suspension for Smith for bringing the game into disrepute, which would be gut-wrenching to many fans both Australian and foreign. The other so-called “leadership” group whether it includes Lehman or not should also face life bans.

This is worse than the under-arm fiasco which was just poor sportsmanship - but enjoyable because it still gives the Kiwis the shits (or is that shuts?) :D

Every kid watching knows now that Smith and Bancroft are blatant cheats. On top of the blatant sledging which the Australian CEO reckons is part of the game this has just about put a nail in the coffin of my further interest in what was my favourite game to watch and play.

whinfell likes this.
  10. Silverbandit007

Silverbandit007 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Even more disgusting to be wearing the baggy green hat while admitting to cheating. The baggy green is a symbol of national pride in Australia. Being awarded the baggy green hat is the highest honour in Australian cricket. They have all just spat all over it.

11. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

shows what i have believed for a long time; that the aussie cricket team places winning at all costs above honour, integrity, and sportsmanship.

Skyrocket likes this.
  12. aussiesilver

aussiesilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes i remember that one also
    Could we send these cheaters back via AirAsia instead of First or Business Class on Qantas

yuripuka likes this.
  13. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Smith and Warner have stood down

Silverbandit007 likes this.
  14. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Sack 'em....sack 'em all.....the cricket team, the A.C.B., the government, the child support agency...everybody.

15. iceblue

iceblue Well-Known Member

Not a big fan of cricket, but no matter what sport it is, cheating is the lowest form of trying to win, at the national level the whole team should be dissolved immediately, Australia forfeiting all games till investigations are finalized. The so called leadership group banned from cricket for life. ICC should be investigating all management in Australian cricket as well.
    As an Aussie I would rather see a team or individual LOSE, than win by cheating.

lowtech and Silverbandit007 like this.
  16. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

I guess that is what they were referring to, the age old saying it's a sticky wicket :rolleyes:

ozcopper likes this.
  17. raven

raven Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Everyone sounds like the australian team all of a sudden invented ball tampering, and it has never happened before.
    I'm not wishing to condone anything, so if this reads that way, unfortunate !
    Cricket, in this country, from "A" grade level, and up, is massively serious. So much so, from a political point of view, that people just leave.
    At the level of grade cricket, young potentials, who have all the quality sportsmanship ethics, don't have that luxurious choice of whether to go against an already established culture !
    At that level, from the managers, coaching and committees all discuss and plan, and enforce ways to ball tamper !

Mike Atherton, English captain, busted for ball tampering in 1995
    South African captain, 2003, caught ball tampering against England, and fined half his match payments.
    Incidents of vaseline swiped on the ball, to make it swing, confuse the batsman, from other australian bowlers, early this century
    However, to note when an australian politician hangs it on the test squad, well fcuk me.
    Alright, fly the A team over, and just leave our boys there to never return.
    That will be a real good laugh.
    I don't agree with letting them off, but all is fair in love and war mate !
    :)

18. sammy

sammy Active Member Silver Stacker

We’ve been cheating for ages ... remember Waugh and Warne getting paid by a bookie to give a ‘pitch report’.

It’s just that now the cheating is so blatant.

19. A888L

A888L Member Silver Stacker

It all starts from the head down . Administration , Policy , Culture , Personalities and the big dollar sign .
    Next we will be told that the 'bookies' are involved also .

I am extremely disappointed in their ethics and the impact it will have on the very young cricketers that unfortunately idolise them .

20. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ball tampering has gone on for decades, it's just now that there are more chances of being caught. Add to this is that it was a conspiracy to tamper the ball rather than the actions of an individual.

The instigators should be punished for being stupid, not corrupt!

It reminds of the joke about the old man in Crete pointing out all the houses on a hill to his nephew saying, "I built half those houses but do they call me Con the builder? No." He then points to all the boats in the harbour and say, "I built half the boats but do they call me Con the boat builder? No."

"But you fuck one goat......"