Australia series 1 questions

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Jim4silver, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

I have a local guy that is willing to trade some of his 1 oz series one coins for my 5 oz series 2 coins (I have tiger, dragon, etc). I bought a few series 1 ox coins for $40 a while back from him but I want better on the trade.

What would be a fair ratio (for me) to ask? I hate the series 2 coins (other than horse- fav coin of all) but love the series 1. Don't want to get ripped off. This is a smaller dealer who doesn't really care for either but got his series 1 coins cheap (close to spot) so he is willing to deal a bit better than normal under these circumstances.

PS Got two 5 oz series 1 monkey coins for $120 each recently, so I am on a roll for series 1 coins it seems.

Thanks for any input!

2. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

I'm not sure if you're getting the complete s1 lunars or not... but your s2 tiger is scarce and not so much on the dragon...so if you're getting those key s1 lunars in MINT condition, then hell yeah! :)

As to Monkey 5oz, you've done well on that one too...

3. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2 S1 1oz coins for 1 5oz S2 coin is a fair ratio

Obviously some years are worth more than others so without knowing all the coins that are available from both parties to trade we can't say for sure, but the above ratio I mentioned is close enough, but it could even be as high as 3:1 depending on the coins involved